Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

have you used these guys before

have you used these guys before

Old Apr 14th 2008, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

yanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of light
Default have you used these guys before

Hi All,

Has anyone used, successfully or unsuccessfully National Homebuyers firm to buy their house quickly. Could you share with me your experiences of them because I am thinking of getting them to come look at my place. Thanks a million.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 1:10 pm
Finally in Melbourne!

ittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really nice
Default Re: have you used these guys before

Originally Posted by yanchep
Hi All,

Has anyone used, successfully or unsuccessfully National Homebuyers firm to buy their house quickly. Could you share with me your experiences of them because I am thinking of getting them to come look at my place. Thanks a million.
Sorry, I haven't used them but will be interested in the response. I understand that they offer you 15-20% less than the market value which is quite a bitter pill to swallow. We are doing the figures but think that if we don't sell before we go we will rent our house out.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 1:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

yanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of light

Weve only had our property on market 12 days now so early days really, but we have had 2 friends that rented their property out while they went and both have had nightmares from start to finish, so Im definately going to sell. Might sign up with them to come have a look and tell me their price, wouldnt harm really would it .
Old Apr 14th 2008, 1:46 pm
Finally in Melbourne!

ittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really nice

Weve only had our property on market 12 days now so early days really, but we have had 2 friends that rented their property out while they went and both have had nightmares from start to finish, so Im definately going to sell. Might sign up with them to come have a look and tell me their price, wouldnt harm really would it .
Yes, I know what you mean about renting. We rented out a different porperty ten years ago to three doctors and they wrecked the place!
Old Apr 14th 2008, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Old Apr 14th 2008, 2:40 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ittakesages
Yes, I know what you mean about renting. We rented out a different porperty ten years ago to three doctors and they wrecked the place!
mum threw up when she went to see the state of the house my parents rented out.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 2:55 pm
Finally in Melbourne!

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
mum threw up when she went to see the state of the house my parents rented out.
I know, you just have to keep reminding yourself that it isn't your 'home' anymore and that it is just a 'house'. (She says sounding confident )
Old Apr 14th 2008, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by ittakesages
I know, you just have to keep reminding yourself that it isn't your 'home' anymore and that it is just a 'house'. (She says sounding confident )
thats where she went wrong, she still viewed it as her home and they were hoping desperatly to go back once my dad got better. He never did.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oh bless, did she sell the house in the end of is she still renting it out
Old Apr 14th 2008, 3:17 pm

Oh bless, did she sell the house in the end of is she still renting it out
She had to sell it as all their money was tied up in it. Add the fact that Dad had just died AND my mum and my brother had to find somewhere to live because the flat they were in was being sold. Stressful time for both of them.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Hi All,

Don't know if its the same company but our friend who went to Oz last year had them or a company like them as they was getting worried their house wasn't selling. Anyway my friends OH almost throw the salesman out the window as the offer ( 100k below asking price) was so low and was really insulting about their home. As luck would have it they changed agents and sold the next day for full asking price.

Just be aware these company will give you a load of doom and gloom about the market and renting just to get your house from you.

Its still early days for you and the market isn't as good as it use to be but I'm sure you will have a sale soon.

Good luck

Tina x
Old Apr 14th 2008, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

WOW, no way would I accept an offer like that As you say it is only early days so we will hold on for a while and if nothing happens with this estate agent then we will change to another one, guess Im just still excited cos we got the visa and now I just wanna be there - me and a few other hundred i guess

Thanks for the warning though.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sheff Sparky,

What an awful time for all of you that must have been, really traumatic. Has your mum now sorted everything out, is she settled now hopefully.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of

Hiya

Whatever you do dont give it away, you will need the money.

As you know we have sold, everything X`d, but it has been on the market since August. Test the water, give it a bit of time and then look at other options. We have had to drop 40K and thats after we dropped 35K as it was overpriced but as someone has already siad these companys will be offering silly money now with the way that things are.

Mick

PS Race you to Perth and Claire is going to give you a bell again now checked your mobile today.

PSS Did you sell your motorhome?
Old Apr 14th 2008, 4:55 pm

Sheff Sparky,

What an awful time for all of you that must have been, really traumatic. Has your mum now sorted everything out, is she settled now hopefully.
kinda. Things are still hard for them as far as looking for jobs go, but mum is going for one in Norwich and had decided she wants to settle there. It's something I dont have to worry about as she hates the place where they are now and there is hardly any work.

I wanted so much to help them, but couldnt as I have my own finacial crap to deal with. Have helped them out with shopping whenever I saw them though. It wasnt much but at that time they needed it more than I realised.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.