Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

CO has instisted meds for child with no contact!

CO has instisted meds for child with no contact!

Old Mar 11th 2008, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold
Default CO has instisted meds for child with no contact!

Help, Our Co has insisted that my OH daughter who he doesn't see or have any contact with have a medical is there a way round this?

Don't want to have to go to court as mother can be hard to deal with and the daughter will do what her mother tells her.

Can anyone offer any help? can I quote the child act that a child has the right to have her say and be respected to the ASPC? Or is court the only way?

Feel like giving up

Tina x
Old Mar 11th 2008, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CO has instisted meds for child with no contact!

Oh Tina

What is going on now?
Though they had already requested extra stuff for the non migrating child - why are they asking for more now:curse:

What does your agent say?

Sam
Old Mar 11th 2008, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Just found this on DIAC website:

Permanent visa applicants
All members of your immediate family, including dependant family members who do not intend to migrate, must meet the health requirement. This includes all children under the age of 18 years as well as other dependants, regardless of whether they live with you and whether they intend to migrate.
More information to assist you in this process is available.
See: Information Form 1071i Health requirement for permanent entry to Australia (63KBPDF file)

If this is the case, why did they not ask for it sooner and why did your agent not ask for it?

Sam
Old Mar 11th 2008, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Oh Tina

What is going on now?
Though they had already requested extra stuff for the non migrating child - why are they asking for more now:curse:

What does your agent say?

Sam

Its one big joke sam and I really don't find this visa lurk funny anymore!

How can you make someone do this that you don't see its not we don't want to see her the mother has been so twisted over the years the child doesn't want to see us!!!
Old Mar 11th 2008, 1:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Just found this on DIAC website:

Permanent visa applicants
All members of your immediate family, including dependant family members who do not intend to migrate, must meet the health requirement. This includes all children under the age of 18 years as well as other dependants, regardless of whether they live with you and whether they intend to migrate.
More information to assist you in this process is available.
See: Information Form 1071i Health requirement for permanent entry to Australia (63KBPDF file)

If this is the case, why did they not ask for it sooner and why did your agent not ask for it?

Sam
Knew all that thats why we went with a agent to sort that bit out think they was hoping that would be wavered but oh no. It gets me ASPC knew all about this in Sept and have left us 6 months of waiting to pull this rabbit out the hat!!!
Old Mar 11th 2008, 1:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Its one big joke sam and I really don't find this visa lurk funny anymore!

How can you make someone do this that you don't see its not we don't want to see her the mother has been so twisted over the years the child doesn't want to see us!!!

What a bloody nightmare

Am I right in thinking you have an agent?

What do they say? If you don't have an agent, I'd suggest you get in contact with one asap, perhaps Alan or George, even if just for some exta advice.

Really hope you can sort this out, sure I have seen similar problems from some others on here, maybe you can just do a stat dec to say you cannot comply with this?

Hope someone can help soon

Sam
Old Mar 11th 2008, 2:00 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Have a read of this Wiki article, should cover it for you - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Medica...ating_Children
Old Mar 11th 2008, 2:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Have a read of this Wiki article, should cover it for you - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Medica...ating_Children

Thanks Polly Agent has explained all this to ASPC but still they insist on medical.

The childs mother has writen a statment along with a copy of her passport stating she will not allow medical 7 weeks ago but this isn't good enough for ASPC and they still want a medical.

tina x
Old Mar 11th 2008, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

No its naughty but really stressed

BUMP
Old Mar 11th 2008, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

sinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of light

No its naughty but really stressed

BUMP
Hi Tina,
Sorry to hear this that's awful for you guys , I've been keeping an eye on the Sept thread hoping you guys would get your visa soon. Really hope you get this worked soon, tried sending you some karma but need to spread it around so I'll send you some love instead

All the best,
Sinead
Old Mar 11th 2008, 11:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

flossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Tina,

I am sorry to hear of your troubles.

We had a night mare too. First my sons father would not let me take my son out of the country. It went to court etc...after heaps of money later I got my way.

My husbands son had to have a medical. If your OH is on the birth certificate-the mother cant refuse anything-he has equal parental responsibility!!!

The medical its self is not much at all. Would it work if you negotiate with the mother? Does the daughter have a passport? The medical peeps will need that 2

Hope all goes well
TC
Old Mar 12th 2008, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

karen111 is on a distinguished road

hi,
just bin reading your thread, what a flipping nightmare. do you have an agent becouse i,m sure i read on another site, cant remember which one but a lady posted with exactly the same prob as you and they were advised by an agent that all they needed to do was a stat declaration stating that your oh has repeatadly asked his ex to present his daughter for a medical but she was refusing. the answer maight be wrong i dont know but if you dont have an agent i,d def ring one for advice, i believe alan someone at 'go matilda' was ofter qouted as being an agent that actually knows what he,s talking about. good luck, just keep going you,ve come this far, apaprt from your sanity what do you ahve to loose
Old Mar 12th 2008, 1:28 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Polly Agent has explained all this to ASPC but still they insist on medical.

The childs mother has writen a statment along with a copy of her passport stating she will not allow medical 7 weeks ago but this isn't good enough for ASPC and they still want a medical.

tina x
You agent may need to escalate this in ASPC, eg to manager level or higher, if DIAC policy is not being applied.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 4:00 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
You agent may need to escalate this in ASPC, eg to manager level or higher, if DIAC policy is not being applied.
I'd second this - many other people on here have had the same issue with getting meds done, and policy would seem to indicate that you have done the rigth thing. Like JAJ I feel you need to ask for it to go higher at DIAC.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for all your input and support.

We have done everything that others have done ie stat decs but this isn;t good enough. Mother won't allow medical and child doesn't have a passport.

What do the ASPC want us to do kidnapp the child and take her kicking and screaming to the medical???:curse:

Agent has sent a email higher than CO not sure who but they are on holiday to monday so may be some time til they get to us.

Think they are being really picky over this!

Tina

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.