Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How could a price of a furit double in one week..

How could a price of a furit double in one week..

Old Mar 3rd 2008, 12:55 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default How could a price of a furit double in one week..

last week i bought some clementinse in woolies for $5.50 a kilo, it was really nice & sweet.
so today i went to get some more, its gone up to $9.98 a kilo, how could it go up so much in one week, it is after all in season.
How do you work it out the prices here I dont understand.
Now all its going to happen is, nobody would buy it at that price, & they just go off then they have to bin it, where is the logic in that.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 12:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How could a price of a furit double in one week..

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
last week i bought some clementinse in woolies for $5.50 a kilo, it was really nice & sweet.
so today i went to get some more, its gone up to $9.98 a kilo, how could it go up so much in one week, it is after all in season.
Now all its going to happen is, nobody would buy it at that price, & they just go off then they have to bin it, where is the logic in that.

They think of a number and double it? Maybe the person pricing this week couldn't be bothered thinking too much so just doubled the figure from last week instead?

I've just bought some potato's - they were on special at $4.98 for 4kg. The same variety in a 2kg bag was $5.98 work that out
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 12:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

Hi Chris & Farideh ...er, what are 'clementinse' ?
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 1:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

Er, Vince thinks they may be apples ???? ...I have never seen them in the west...but that's one heck of a price jump!
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 1:27 am
BE Enthusiast

ghost rider has a brilliant futureghost rider has a brilliant futureghost rider has a brilliant futureghost rider has a brilliant futureghost rider has a brilliant futureghost rider has a brilliant futureghost rider has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Vin 'n Bin
Er, Vince thinks they may be apples ???? ...I have never seen them in the west...but that's one heck of a price jump!
mini oranges is best way to describe, but you may need to be a bit more inteligent to unwrap them,
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 1:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ghost rider
mini oranges is best way to describe, but you may need to be a bit more inteligent to unwrap them,
I am intelligent ....you don't know me do you?
Yes we do have mini oranges here...but they are not called 'clementines'...I also lived in Adelaide for 31 years and they were not called that there.
I am often amazed by some of the posters on here who can't even spell correctly (????)
Apologies to those people who have a reason for it...and thankfully those people know me better than you do
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 1:47 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vin 'n Bin
I am intelligent ....you don't know me do you?
Yes we do have mini oranges here...but they are not called 'clementines'...I also lived in Adelaide for 31 years and they were not called that there.
I am often amazed by some of the posters on here who can't even spell correctly (????)
Apologies to those people who have a reason for it...and thankfully those people know me better than you do
you are right I should have checked my spelling, ""clementinse" should of wrote it "clem·en·tine", silly me to make such big spelling mistake to put "s" first before "e", than get slag off about it.
I really didnt know I was doing English test before I put my poster in, not very nice when you insult people is it?
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 1:48 am
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: How could a price of a furit double in one week..

QUOTE I am often amazed by some of the posters on here who can't even spell correctly (????) QUOTE

Faridehs first language is not English, cut her some slack..........
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 1:49 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think clemmies are in season at the moment. The ones in our supermarket come from USA.

We had a similar jump but it was about 6 weeks ago just after the USA clemmies appeared.

I reckon they were either running them as a loss leader or someone got the pricing wrong.

In previous years the USA clemmies have been about $10-12 per kilo.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 1:56 am
BE Enthusiast

you are right I should have checked my spelling, ""clementinse" should of wrote it "clem·en·tine", silly me to make such big spelling mistake to put "s" first before "e", than get slag off about it.
I really didnt know I was doing English test before I put my poster in, not very nice when you insult people is it?
Farideh my friend...I wasn't talking about you, I would never do that
I was talking about Ghost Rider ...who said I needed to be more intelligent to open them....
I didn't even know what they were.....and he spells 'intelligent' wrong ! :-)

Last edited by Vin 'n Bin; Mar 3rd 2008 at 3:04 am.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 2:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jan3kids
QUOTE I am often amazed by some of the posters on here who can't even spell correctly (????) QUOTE

Faridehs first language is not English, cut her some slack..........
Jan, I wouldn't do that to Farideh ....she and Chris are wonderful people
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 2:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy

I've just bought some potato's - they were on special at $4.98 for 4kg. The same variety in a 2kg bag was $5.98 work that out
Are spuds the new lettuce

I bought 4kg at ALDI for $1.99, woolworth were selling the same spuds for $2.98 a kilo.

To the OP if you want interesting prices watch capsicum, $3.98 a kilo one week $13.98 a kilo the next, interesting since it was probably picked and stored at the same time

But there is a method, if it rains its destroyed the crops, double it, if its dry it s a food shortage put it up 500%, its thursday so half the country will be getting their centerlink, double it, above 30 degrees heatwave, up 400%, below 10 degrees, frost hits crops down south, hide any remaining stock put up food shortage signs

Repeat with meat - eggs - wheat - milk....

Interesting thing is the price of pizza remains consistent, $3.95 for a large lardy all the dough you can eat, bonza mate
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 3:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Are spuds the new lettuce
Could well be

I bought 4kg at ALDI for $1.99, woolworth were selling the same spuds for $2.98 a kilo.
Yeah, there were some at $2.98 a kilo, but they were the ones you had to wash yourself - I'd rather pay the extra than pay for all the mud

To the OP if you want interesting prices watch capsicum, $3.98 a kilo one week $13.98 a kilo the next, interesting since it was probably picked and stored at the same time

But there is a method, if it rains its destroyed the crops, double it, if its dry it s a food shortage put it up 500%, its thursday so half the country will be getting their centerlink, double it, above 30 degrees heatwave, up 400%, below 10 degrees, frost hits crops down south, hide any remaining stock put up food shortage signs

Repeat with meat - eggs - wheat - milk....

Interesting thing is the price of pizza remains consistent, $3.95 for a large lardy all the dough you can eat, bonza mate
Pizza's are cheaper at the Pizza shop here for some very strange reason.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 3:49 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
The price stays the same, but the "large" pizza shrinks in size:

Size does matter in pizza war

Australia’s biggest pizza chain, Domino's, today admitted reducing the size of its pizzas, in response to a similar move by Pizza Hut.

A Domino’s spokesperson said the size change – introduced in May and June this year – was necessary to remain “competitive in the market”.

http://www.news.com.au/business/mone...9767-2,00.html
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 4:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
The price stays the same, but the "large" pizza shrinks in size:

Size does matter in pizza war

Australia’s biggest pizza chain, Domino's, today admitted reducing the size of its pizzas, in response to a similar move by Pizza Hut.

A Domino’s spokesperson said the size change – introduced in May and June this year – was necessary to remain “competitive in the market”.

http://www.news.com.au/business/mone...9767-2,00.html
Ah haa, we only buy them when the kids have the sleepovers, I said last time they looked small compared to usual. Should be used to it now, so many products shrink by an amazing size but keep going up. vegemite went down about 55g but stayed the same price, uncle tobys meusli bars, R used to eat them at work, the 280 g box is now 135g - 180g depending on variety. we worked it out, about $35 a kilo for oats. Stuff em, buy a big bag of oats for $2 and make a tonne of biscuit things. So much for the modern housewife bloody barefoot and baking at least its not barefoot and pregnant.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.