E2 Treaty Investor Visa Reform

Old Feb 18th 2008, 10:22 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default E2 Treaty Investor Visa Reform

Anybody on an E-2 investor visa ...may want to sign this petition ..

http://www.petitiononline.com/E2Reform/petition.html
Old Feb 19th 2008, 12:03 pm
Zoe
Forum Regular

Zoe will become famous soon enoughZoe will become famous soon enough
Default Re: E2 Treaty Investor Visa Reform

Thanks Ray,

We were responsible for the petition which is gathering pace.

For more info go to www.e2reform.org

Your support is greatly appreciated.

Zoe
Old Feb 19th 2008, 1:55 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody not on an E2 who can empathise with the problems of the visa should sign too. I've done it, and I'm not on an E2.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 1:58 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
Anybody not on an E2 who can empathise with the problems of the visa should sign too. I've done it, and I'm not on an E2.
What a nice empathiser you are .....
Old Feb 20th 2008, 10:29 pm
Zoe
Forum Regular

The petition is gathering pace.

We should be at 300 signatures in the next hour or so.

I would urge anyone on an E2 or anyone that would like to support other Brits in the US to add their signature.

We are working hard behind the scenes with Congressional Aides and an Immigration Lawyer to push the E2 Nonimmigrant Investor Status Adjustment Act of 2007 under the noses of the people who count.

Thanks for your support

Zoe
Old Feb 20th 2008, 10:49 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ray
Anybody on an E-2 investor visa ...may want to sign this petition ..

http://www.petitiononline.com/E2Reform/petition.html
Hi:

I really don't care one way or the other -- but this strikes me as a version of the EB-5 program which has always been controversial. There is a gut reaction of being able to "buy a green card." It also pays to remember the E-2 classification was created for Brits in 1815, long before there was an immigration law [I can see that cutting both ways].

One of my earliest mentors in the 70's noted -- the Immigration & Nationality Act is designed to keep people OUT but provides limited exceptions.

Personally, I think that something might go through if it applies to an investor who has maintained status for some period of time -- say 5 years.

Just some idle thoughts.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 10:53 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Personally, I think that something might go through if it applies to an investor who has maintained status for some period of time -- say 5 years.
I think thats exactly what was proposed in rececent bill by
Heather Wilson
Old Feb 20th 2008, 11:00 pm
Zoe
Forum Regular

Folinskyinla,

Exactly right Ray. It is odd that you should mention 5 years, because that is what is in the bill.

We don't see it as buying a Green Card. More earning one. If you have been here 5 years, been through a renewal and employ US Citizens, then surely you can only be viewed as a productive member of society, and therefore deserving of recognition.

For more info, you can view the text of the bill at;

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill...bill=h110-2310

Zoe
Old Feb 20th 2008, 11:01 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ray
I think thats exactly what was proposed in rececent bill by
Heather Wilson
Hi:

I haven't read the bill. Who knows what will happen? Actually, in this particular election year, I would prefer that NOTHING really come out of Congress given the political climate and the fact that ALL H.R. seats are up for election. The 2000 Election year was not half bad. 1996 was a disaster.

I can see not only some type of time, but also the number of current jobs.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 11:12 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

I haven't read the bill. Who knows what will happen? Actually, in this particular election year, I would prefer that NOTHING really come out of Congress given the political climate and the fact that ALL H.R. seats are up for election. The 2000 Election year was not half bad. 1996 was a disaster.

I can see not only some type of time, but also the number of current jobs.
Buying an GC oh how exciting we'll be flooded with Kev'n'Trace's who've sold their ex council houses in kent for a small fortune.
Sorry guys no support from me you know the score when you apply.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 11:43 pm
Zoe
Forum Regular

Thydney,

Did you read the thread, or did you just skim and see "buy a green card"

What we are trying to acheive is to create a pathway for long standing E2 Visa Holders with kids educated in the US to be able to apply for a limited number of green cards.

This number will be limited to 3000 per year and will only be available to people who have been here at least 5 years, who employ US citizens and who have been through at least 1 renewal proving that they have a solid business.

You are far more likely to be overrun by the Chav set on the EB5 visa where the only requirement is half a million bucks and not giving a c**p where the US decides to invest your council house winnings.

Besides, the Brit E2 contingent is tiny compared with the number of Japanese E2 Visa holders.

I wonder what the Japanese equivalent of Kev'n'Trace is.

Zoe
Old Feb 20th 2008, 11:48 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe A
Thydney,

Did you read the thread, or did you just skim and see "buy a green card"

What we are trying to acheive is to create a pathway for long standing E2 Visa Holders with kids educated in the US to be able to apply for a limited number of green cards.

This number will be limited to 3000 per year and will only be available to people who have been here at least 5 years, who employ US citizens and who have been through at least 1 renewal proving that they have a solid business.

You are far more likely to be overrun by the Chav set on the EB5 visa where the only requirement is half a million bucks and not giving a c**p where the US decides to invest your council house winnings.

Besides, the Brit E2 contingent is tiny compared with the number of Japanese E2 Visa holders.

I wonder what the Japanese equivalent of Kev'n'Trace is.

Zoe
Yes and I still don't support it.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 12:05 am
Account Closed

Zoe
Hi:

I wonder how many individual Japanese investors there are? I have a feeling that is not all that many. From what I've observed, most Japanese E-2's are corporate employees -- just look at the plants that Toyota, Nissan & Honda have in the US. Also, lot of the maguiladora managers have E-2's based upon the distribution networks in the US.

Also, from what I understand, the E-2 is considered the more prestigous visa compared with the L-1. Go figure.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 12:48 am
Zoe
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Thydney
Yes and I still don't support it.
Fair enough Thydney.

Don't really understand why, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Zoe
Old Feb 21st 2008, 11:53 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Don't really understand why, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
I won't support it either... and, since you want to know why, let me quote: "we were all aware of the limitations of this Visa when we applied".

Now, I understand that things change, but if you are not willing to live by the conditions of the visa, why should the US government alter the conditions to suit you?

Well, as you say, I'm entitled to my own opinion... so I'll leave it at that.

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.