Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Anyone sold house to a quick buy company'

Anyone sold house to a quick buy company'

Old Feb 18th 2008, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

posh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the rough
Default Anyone sold house to a quick buy company'

Hi

anyone sold house to a quick buy company or ones where ur rent it back ??? market is slow, renting seems complicating and we would rather just get rid of house, quick rather than wait till sold as could take ages.

Any ideas or advise.??

Diane xx
Old Feb 18th 2008, 7:03 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Anyone sold house to a quick buy company'

no but we are thinking about it......
Old Feb 18th 2008, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of

Hi Guys,

Just to stick my nose in here too !!

We recently put our house on the market but before any forms were signed etc, we had a leaflet pushed through our door explaining that this company were experienced house buyers and they were looking for properties to buy for cash at a reduced market rate.

They would offer us 20% less than the market value !! We only have roughly£30,000 equity in the house, give or take the market at the moment and that would leave us with about £7,000, oh, and £13,000 worth of debt, so we would be going to Oz debt and NO equity !!

Can see why your thinking about it though, personally for me, I need a little back up to put my own mind to rest.

If you have nothing to lose, go for it

Donna.x
Old Feb 18th 2008, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by posh10
Hi

anyone sold house to a quick buy company or ones where ur rent it back ??? market is slow, renting seems complicating and we would rather just get rid of house, quick rather than wait till sold as could take ages.

Any ideas or advise.??

Diane xx
We looked into it, they will offer about 20% less than the valuation of the proeprty, the companies we contacted wanted specific type of houses and were not interested in ours

Tracy
Old Feb 18th 2008, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

posh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the rough

hi ya

thanks for the response guys

what type of house are they interested in ??

what do they class as the mkt value is it estate agent value or what ??

Diane
Old Feb 18th 2008, 7:43 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

I reckon they'll use the valuation that a bank would use. The estate agent valued ours at £170k but the bank's valuer said £160k. At the end of the day they are running a business and they know people are desperate to sell. As much as I'd love them to knock the door and offer £170, I cant see it...
Old Feb 18th 2008, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

hi ya

thanks for the response guys

what type of house are they interested in ??

what do they class as the mkt value is it estate agent value or what ??

Diane

Hi Diane

It is their own independent valuation and ours is a 5 bed, detached which is only 2 years old, too big and too expensive for them apparently. I think they are looking at something they can sell on quite quickly or rent out at a good price, but that is only my opinion.

Tracy
Old Feb 18th 2008, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

cheers all
Old Feb 18th 2008, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers all

Good Luck with what ever you decide to do and hopefully we will see you in Melbourne one day - when you / us have sold our houses that is

Tracy
Old Feb 19th 2008, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
Good Luck with what ever you decide to do and hopefully we will see you in Melbourne one day - when you / us have sold our houses that is

Tracy
absolutely !!!! where bout u heading too ??
Old Feb 19th 2008, 6:35 pm
In Perth & Loving it...

aus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud of

We are not at that point where we are desperate to sell. Yet!

I did ring a few of these companies out of curiosity. Some, although they state they buy nationwide, apparently Northern Ireland is not included in their idea of Nationwide?

Anyway, one company did call through and thy say they typically offer 85% of market value. That would have reduced ours from £200k to £170k.

Quite a drop. But in the right circumstances, who knows?

I have a telephone number if anyone is interested.

Darren
Old Feb 19th 2008, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

absolutely !!!! where bout u heading too ??
Hi

Jason has job in the city and we (2 adults, 3 kids + 1 dog) are heading to the Mornington Peninsular somewhere, I like the look of Mount Eliza, so we will see. Jason starts work on the 7th April, so he is likely to be there first and we will follow. What about you ??

Tracy
Old Feb 19th 2008, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud of

Hi

Any ideas or advise.??

Diane xx
We did think about it as our house took over a year to sell, but those companies are rip off merchants they offered us £50,000 less than it was worth, needless to say we told them where to go. I would recommend hanging in there. Our house was definitely worth what it was on the market for, and we then sold it a month later $220,000.
Ally

Last edited by Dazza49; Feb 19th 2008 at 7:45 pm.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
Hi

Jason has job in the city and we (2 adults, 3 kids + 1 dog) are heading to the Mornington Peninsular somewhere, I like the look of Mount Eliza, so we will see. Jason starts work on the 7th April, so he is likely to be there first and we will follow. What about you ??

Tracy

Hi ya ,

well we ar 2 adults and 1 5 yr old. we too r heading to mornington !!!!!! how lovelydoes it look . my friend has lived there for over 2 yrs now and loves it. we have looked at mount martha mount eliza ideally though mornington nr to tina would be nice. we are hoping to head out may time , heading for tina first sort out a rental then do a bit of travelling for a good few weeks. if u like we could meet up when we get there for a coffee.

Diane xx
Old Feb 19th 2008, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Hi darren would be interested in number pm me please. cheers. would h8 house to hold us up 4 ages. like i said as long as we get what we paid though extra wud b nice not holding out for too long.

Diane xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.