We're on our way

Old Feb 14th 2008, 12:48 am
BE Enthusiast

RodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of light
Talking We're on our way

We have confirmation our house sale will complete on Friday 15th, woohoo. It feels like we've been in limbo since Christmas, more delays than British Rail

Looking at flights for Tuesday 19th to Halifax NS, we can't wait, getting excited now.

Just got to do our Goods To Follow list, arrgh, night out on Saturday with friends and a meal with our parents and kids on Sunday

Rosie
Old Feb 14th 2008, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

Happy_Feet will become famous soon enough
Default Re: We're on our way

Congratulations and good luck, enjoy your new life in Canada

We have your blog bookmarked already, and are looking forward to keeping up with your adventures
Old Feb 14th 2008, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

Raquelle will become famous soon enough

Well Rosie, finally you are on your way!! I wish you and your family all the best wishes and good luck in the world when starting your new life Remember to keep us posted!

Rachel x
Old Feb 14th 2008, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Hey All the best of luck dudes. We will be following you ASAP after we have sold the house....well to Halifax then onto PEI & S.Express that is....

I have prob lost me marbles or in the fog of war / B.expats but where are you going to settle in NS and who is Rod working for.

Cheers

OH forgot to say my parents live in Leyland Lancs....converted Red Rose Jocks
Old Feb 14th 2008, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

RodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Happy_Feet
Congratulations and good luck, enjoy your new life in Canada

We have your blog bookmarked already, and are looking forward to keeping up with your adventures
Cool, thanks. As a Truckers WAG who's not allowed to work for 6 months I should have plenty of time to keep the blog updated

Raquelle
Well Rosie, finally you are on your way!! I wish you and your family all the best wishes and good luck in the world when starting your new life Remember to keep us posted!
Thanks Rachel, check out our blog, not a lot on there at the mo but soon will be

DAVIE_MAC
Hey All the best of luck dudes. We will be following you ASAP after we have sold the house....well to Halifax then onto PEI & S.Express that is....

I have prob lost me marbles or in the fog of war / B.expats but where are you going to settle in NS and who is Rod working for.

Cheers

OH forgot to say my parents live in Leyland Lancs....converted Red Rose Jocks
Cheers Davie, we hope to visit PEI during the warmer months . Good Luck with the house sale, that's prob been the biggest nightmare we've had. Oh and making sure our kids are settled at relatives here till they finish college.

Rod will be working for Clarkes transport, Bayers Lake. Initially we'll stay with friends in Wellington, until he is on the road then we'll both hit the highway, I'll take lots of photos and generally do nothing

We're going to speak to HR at Clarkes, looking at being a hubby and wife team until kids decide what they are doing. I have my HGV class 2 licence here, so why not

Good Luck to all and hope to see you on the highways of Canada.
Rosie
Old Feb 14th 2008, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers Davie, we hope to visit PEI during the warmer months

Yep do it if were all around i.e. Us / Loafy / Kerry etc we should have a bit of a doooooo

Good Luck with the house sale, that's prob been the biggest nightmare we've had

Yeh off up North on Sunday to push it along / take photos and advertise everywhere we possibly can

Rod will be working for Clarkes transport, Bayers Lake

Was a Bayers Lake last year checking out the shopping. Had an excellent chineese meal there one of those eat as much as you can basicly shove down your neck until your sick or explode jobs mmmmmm

I'll take lots of photos and generally do nothing
Funny that is exactly what Joe intends to do while looking after 2 dogs

I have my HGV class 2 licence here, so why not
Yep why not indeed will be fun Joe does want to come out with me from time to time

Good Luck to all and hope to see you on the highways of Canada.
Rosie
Absolutely. Cheers take care both of ya and keep in touch have a safe journey when it comes.

D

Old Feb 15th 2008, 11:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Oh bugger their goes the neighbor hood.
Grats that the pair of u have finally got here,well almost...is NS part of canada
Old Feb 16th 2008, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Oh bugger their goes the neighbor hood.
Grats that the pair of u have finally got here,well almost...is NS part of canada
Just about but it's where they stick all those dodgy Leeds Fans.....
Old Feb 16th 2008, 1:24 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
Just about but it's where they stick all those dodgy Leeds Fans.....
Not all of them, the other one is in outer mongolia.............last i heard

A big congratulations to Rod, Ros and Family, hope to see you around

Last edited by andy_sheila; Feb 16th 2008 at 1:26 pm.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 1:28 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

is NS part of canada

Yes Graham, one of the more interesting parts
Old Feb 16th 2008, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
Not all of them, the other one is in outer mongolia.............last i heard

A big congratulations to Rod, Ros and Family, hope to see you around
Hello There Dude long time no hear....hope you & family are well
Old Feb 16th 2008, 9:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future

Well best of luck in your new life. Clarkes look like a good outfit so should do well.
Hope to see you out here soon eh.

All the best to you all.

LOAFY...
Old Feb 17th 2008, 1:50 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Rosie and Rod Hope all goes well for you.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks again for all your best wishes.

Collecting the Work Permit at Halifax airport was a walk in the park, Rod got a 2yr work permit and I got a 2yr visitor permit all sorted within 15 minutes, other folks were still collecting their luggage from the carousel

On Wednesday we met Rod's new employer, sorted SIN number, medicare and ID cards.

Today we bought a cell phone (thanks June), took SIN number etc to employer. Mentioned to Vaughan, Rods boss, we need to find a car and within 5 minutes he'd phoned a few people and got us what we wanted at the price we had pre-set.

All in all a busy but productive couple of days, I would say we are hitting the slopes tomorrow but where's all the snow gone

Its a bit hit and miss when we get the internet at the moment.
Thanks again guys

Rosie
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 12:58 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RodRos&Co.
Thanks again for all your best wishes.

Collecting the Work Permit at Halifax airport was a walk in the park, Rod got a 2yr work permit and I got a 2yr visitor permit all sorted within 15 minutes, other folks were still collecting their luggage from the carousel

On Wednesday we met Rod's new employer, sorted SIN number, medicare and ID cards.

Today we bought a cell phone (thanks June), took SIN number etc to employer. Mentioned to Vaughan, Rods boss, we need to find a car and within 5 minutes he'd phoned a few people and got us what we wanted at the price we had pre-set.

All in all a busy but productive couple of days, I would say we are hitting the slopes tomorrow but where's all the snow gone

Its a bit hit and miss when we get the internet at the moment.
Thanks again guys

Rosie
Welcome to Canada Rosie and co I'm glad everything went well for you. We've still got loads of snow in Saskatchewan so come over here an borrow some of ours

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.