Reload this Page >

Contacts in Nova Scotia

Contacts in Nova Scotia

Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

lawson44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Contacts in Nova Scotia

Hi

I moved to Nova Scotia in October (I am really loving it) and would like to share some information that could help others. (we are currently on a 2 year work permit)

My time line is applied for PR may 2006, came over on a 2 year work permit in October 2007, received medical requests a week after arriving and passport request in January 2008 now just waiting for them to arrive back.

Also bring a copy of your credit report, insurance no claims certificate, extra police checks and copies of your work contract/employment letter.

1- Mortgage with only 5% deposit and the same rates as everyone else, contact Kim Skinner @ [email protected].

2- Car finance with no deposit and good rates contact Rick @ [email protected]

3 - We got a really good deal on insurance, I am waiting to here back from our broker as to whether or not he wants me to post his details on here, as soon as I here back I will update you.

Just say Phil Lawson from Bridgewater gave you there contact details and they will be happy to help you.

I would reccomend that anyone moving here in the near future contacts them as we organised everything before we arrived.

If there is any more information anyone wants I will be happy to help.

Phil
Old Feb 8th 2008, 2:27 pm
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Contacts in Nova Scotia

Hey Phil, thanks for that info. Just tried to email Kim Skinner on that email, I guess it is missing the ca at the end?? Will retry, as the first one got sent back.

Nope, unsent again. What am I doing wrong here?
Old Feb 8th 2008, 2:29 pm
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, sent it to that email address but removed the . after org. Sorry about the flap there!!!
Old Feb 8th 2008, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lawson44
HiI moved to Nova Scotia in October (I am really loving it) and would like to share some information that could help others. (we are currently on a 2 year work permit)My time line is applied for PR may 2006, came over on a 2 year work permit in October 2007, received medical requests a week after arriving and passport request in January 2008 now just waiting for them to arrive back.Also bring a copy of your credit report, insurance no claims certificate, extra police checks and copies of your work contract/employment letter.1- Mortgage with only 5% deposit and the same rates as everyone else, contact Kim Skinner @ [email protected].2- Car finance with no deposit and good rates contact Rick @ [email protected]3 - We got a really good deal on insurance, I am waiting to here back from our broker as to whether or not he wants me to post his details on here, as soon as I here back I will update you.Just say Phil Lawson from Bridgewater gave you there contact details and they will be happy to help you.I would reccomend that anyone moving here in the near future contacts them as we organised everything before we arrived.If there is any more information anyone wants I will be happy to help.Phil
Just a quick update the insurance broker is Robert Turner and his email address is [email protected]

Also Kim Skinners email address is [email protected]

I hope this helps
Old Feb 8th 2008, 10:15 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I moved to Nova Scotia in October (I am really loving it) and would like to share some information that could help others. (we are currently on a 2 year work permit)

My time line is applied for PR may 2006, came over on a 2 year work permit in October 2007, received medical requests a week after arriving and passport request in January 2008 now just waiting for them to arrive back.

Also bring a copy of your credit report, insurance no claims certificate, extra police checks and copies of your work contract/employment letter.

1- Mortgage with only 5% deposit and the same rates as everyone else, contact Kim Skinner @ [email protected].

3 - We got a really good deal on insurance, I am waiting to here back from our broker as to whether or not he wants me to post his details on here, as soon as I here back I will update you.

Just say Phil Lawson from Bridgewater gave you there contact details and they will be happy to help you.

I would reccomend that anyone moving here in the near future contacts them as we organised everything before we arrived.

Phil
Just like to say Real nice thread......this is the sort of info tht really helps
Old Feb 9th 2008, 12:51 am
Forum Regular

Another update our passports arrived back today so its off to the US tomorrow to have our PR activated. Hope the weather holds off until we get back.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ontheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud of

We were recommended to use Jack Rowberry for a mortgage.

[email protected]

He doesn't try to sell you something you don't need. I think he can get mortgages all over Canada not just NS.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

achak is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, We got a fantastic deal on car insurance, and house insurance, from the co-operators in bridgewater..
Just a quick update the insurance broker is Robert Turner and his email address is [email protected]

Also Kim Skinners email address is [email protected]

I hope this helps
Old Feb 10th 2008, 12:42 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=lawson44;5904105]Hi

Phil[/Q

Just re read the post and the car dealer is Steele Clearance Center in Halifax.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 3:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Ontheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud of

I'm a good contact if anyone is looking for the fast Community Identified route. We switched from our Federal route and saved about three years.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

dormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=lawson44;5910361]
Hi
Just re read the post and the car dealer is Steele Clearance Center in Halifax.
Word of warning, I was maybe unlucky, but Steele Clearance Centre really tried to screw me over. Ensure you go in there with defenses up as I have experienced more honest dealers in Halifax
Old Feb 14th 2008, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Winston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really nice

Hi All

I am moving to NS later this year. How do I go about getting a driving licence? Could I do a driving course during a recce trip or do I Have to be there full time first. I have had a UK licence for more than twenty years.

regards
Old Feb 14th 2008, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

LiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of light

From my time in NS (2000 - 03) the situation with the driving license was that after 12 weeks there you had to sit a driving test (which was very easy!). First you had to sit a multiple choice test on computer (like the UK) and then an eye test which was done by looking into a machine and finally a short drive around the Halifax Mall shooping area. All very friendly! Not aware that this has changed - perhaps recent 'immigrants' can update you!

Good Luck!

Liff
Old Feb 14th 2008, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

dormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by LiffyB
From my time in NS (2000 - 03) the situation with the driving license was that after 12 weeks there you had to sit a driving test (which was very easy!). First you had to sit a multiple choice test on computer (like the UK) and then an eye test which was done by looking into a machine and finally a short drive around the Halifax Mall shooping area. All very friendly! Not aware that this has changed - perhaps recent 'immigrants' can update you!

Good Luck!

Liff
That about covers it, it was very simple, i had a 1 hr lesson beforehand to see what they were looking for, watch speed and stop signs, ensuring exaggerated movements and you will pass.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 11:09 pm
Just Joined

PamNS is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Winston Green
Hi All

I am moving to NS later this year. How do I go about getting a driving licence? Could I do a driving course during a recce trip or do I Have to be there full time first. I have had a UK licence for more than twenty years.

regards
Hi Winston, just a bit to add to the driving test info, do not leave taking your test too close to the end of the 90 grace period. Depending on the area, there can be up to a 6 week waiting list for a driving test.
They do have a cancellation facility, we were lucky last year and got a double cancellation the day after our paper test, the examiner told us that if we had not got it,they were fully booked for the next month!

Also there is a good web site that you can practice the paper test on. Each time it gives you a different set of questions, so eventually you will have answered them all. We found the actual test easier than the web one, so if you can get the pass % on it you will have no probs with the real thing.(www.yd.com) and follow links -Learner's Practice Test.

Pam.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.