Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Moved: Nova Scotia Community Identified Stream

Moved: Nova Scotia Community Identified Stream

Old Feb 7th 2008, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

LiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of light
Question Moved: Nova Scotia Community Identified Stream

Has anybody been down this route? and if so how long did it take you to be approved. We lived in NS for 3 years and are now looking to return, I already have a Social Insurance No for Canada when I worked there previously will this be of some assistance?

Liff
Old Feb 7th 2008, 3:52 pm
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nova Scotia Community Identified Stream

I think I am right in saying that a Wiki article was either being done or has been done on this very subject - try searching in BE wiki or just search the threads, there has been lots about this I beleive. Sorry I can offer more info, I havent used this route, but there are members here who have I know.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 9:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

High numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond repute

Hi I have not used this route but ontheboathas and if you do a search for his posts you will find a lot of inforamtion from them.

Also there is a Wiki article that covers this subject just follow this link http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Catego...ntified_Stream

Good luck
Old Feb 8th 2008, 11:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ontheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud of

Yes, we came this way - send me a private message and I'll give you some contacts etc. It's a great way to come here.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 8:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

High numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by High numbers
Hi I have not used this route but ontheboathas and if you do a search for his posts you will find a lot of inforamtion from them.

Also there is a Wiki article that covers this subject just follow this link http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Catego...ntified_Stream

Good luck

Sorry that should have read ontheboatout! I note that he has already replied above so PM him and I am sure he will help plus read the Wiki.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

LiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Ontheboatout
Yes, we came this way - send me a private message and I'll give you some contacts etc. It's a great way to come here.
Thanks for that ! I've PM'd you - and look forward to hearing froom you! Any assistance would be appreciated!

Regards
Liff
Old Feb 10th 2008, 11:30 pm
Just Joined

PamNS is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, we obtained PR through the community stream, our paperwork was submitted last June and went to London to get visas in November, so about 5/6 months. Now living in the Annapolis Valley and loving it! Pam NS
Old Feb 11th 2008, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

Holy Smoke! that's quick! We were thinking that it would take at least a year on this scheme. 'Ontheboat' has been very helpful with some good advice for us. Last time we lived in NS all the paperwork was done by OH's company - now we have to do it all by ourselves! I must say this website is extremely helpful - we've been able to get the answers to nearly all of our questions by just trawling through the streams.

How are you finding 'The Valley'? I remember it being glorious in The Fall - particualrly all the fields of pumpkins growing! We shall be returning to the Bedford area hopefully to be amongst old friends and return to sailing on the Basin.

I appreciate everyones advice - and I shall pass on mine and any contacts that I have that people may need!

Liff
Old Feb 11th 2008, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by LiffyB
Holy Smoke! that's quick! We were thinking that it would take at least a year on this scheme. 'Ontheboat' has been very helpful with some good advice for us. Last time we lived in NS all the paperwork was done by OH's company - now we have to do it all by ourselves! I must say this website is extremely helpful - we've been able to get the answers to nearly all of our questions by just trawling through the streams.

How are you finding 'The Valley'? I remember it being glorious in The Fall - particualrly all the fields of pumpkins growing! We shall be returning to the Bedford area hopefully to be amongst old friends and return to sailing on the Basin.

I appreciate everyones advice - and I shall pass on mine and any contacts that I have that people may need!

Liff
Hi Libby, the valley is stormy this week and the log pile is getting smaller! But it is still lovely even at this time of the year. We are near to Middleton in a very rural setting.
We dealt directly with the Annapolis regional development agency at Cornwallis for the paperwork and did not use any middlemen, they were very helpful and positive. Other friends who have used the same route seem to have had similar experiences. We did go to the UK immigration expo at Sandhurst last march and met F.... W....,(who is head of department for the NP/program at provincial level, based in Halifax). I think it may have helped for them to put the "face" to the file. I don't know if they will be going this year. . Good luck, Pam.

Last edited by Pollyana; Feb 11th 2008 at 8:21 pm. Reason: Please respect the privacy of others and don't post email addresses on the forum, thanks
Old Feb 11th 2008, 6:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PamNS
Hi Libby, the valley is stormy this week and the log pile is getting smaller! But it is still lovely even at this time of the year. We are near to Middleton in a very rural setting.
We dealt directly with the Annapolis regional development agency at Cornwallis for the paperwork and did not use any middlemen, they were very helpful and positive. Other friends who have used the same route seem to have had similar experiences. We did go to the UK immigration expo at Sandhurst last march and met F.... W...,(who is head of department for the NP/program at provincial level, based in Halifax). I think it may have helped for them to put the "face" to the file. I don't know if they will be going this year. . Good luck, Pam.
Oops, just noticed it is LiffyB not LIbby, sorry.
Pam

Last edited by Pollyana; Feb 11th 2008 at 8:22 pm. Reason: editing quote
Old Feb 11th 2008, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Moved: Nova Scotia Community Identified Stream

Thanks Pam! I'll try emailing her. Most people seem to be preety positive about this form of entry so far. I have a question that you or others may be able to answer - how long from getting your PR do you have to activate it? Got a sister moving to New Zealand and they have a year to activate theirs from getting the OK, is this the case with NS?
Old Feb 11th 2008, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by LiffyB
Thanks Pam! I'll try emailing her. Most people seem to be preety positive about this form of entry so far. I have a question that you or others may be able to answer - how long from getting your PR do you have to activate it? Got a sister moving to New Zealand and they have a year to activate theirs from getting the OK, is this the case with NS?
Hi - 12 months from the date of your Medical exam.
Pam.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 9:41 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

For the records guys, rather than post the email addresses and names of others on the forum, it is better to send that information through PM. A poster who wants to share this information can suggest that you contact them for the info.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:48 pm
So near yet so far.......

Rubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Ontheboatout
Hi Ontheboatout.

we have also just started looking at all the possible ways to move to Canada and would be very interested in any info you have on the Community Stream. I've got loads of questions but as a newbie to the site I'm not able to PM you - is there any way round this?

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Rubie
Hi Ontheboatout.

we have also just started looking at all the possible ways to move to Canada and would be very interested in any info you have on the Community Stream. I've got loads of questions but as a newbie to the site I'm not able to PM you - is there any way round this?

Thanks in advance
Either post some more or try and email him via this site.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.