Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Official Loners Thread

The Official Loners Thread

Old May 22nd 2008, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice
Default Re: The Official Loners Thread

Originally Posted by leigh-c
cheers doc, i feel like i shoud have another drink now, I jus applied for the 175 online wow im gone googly eyed after that lol, i had a bit of trouble attaching docs at end, it kept crashing jus as i added them:curse: took 3 attempts but got there in the end so a small powers whiskey for me please
well now youve done it you can sit back and relax..............

............... for months

doc

Originally Posted by Aquamarine
Traitor !! You promised you were coming to ours!!
i hope to make it to yours too!

sounds a good one

doc
Old May 22nd 2008, 7:29 pm
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Aquamarine
I love Castle Howard - you lucky thing!!
it is a nice place shame I don't get to see much other than the kitchen
Old May 23rd 2008, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Aquamarine will become famous soon enoughAquamarine will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by docgp
well now youve done it you can sit back and relax..............

............... for months

doc

i hope to make it to yours too!

sounds a good one

doc
Good stuff!! We will only be a "select" few Apart from the thongs, how will we recognise each other
Old May 23rd 2008, 4:49 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Well guys I have a little news of my own today..........................

Yesterday - I had an interview

Today - I got a job offer

Tonight - I am getting freaking rat assed cos I'm on my way to Oz on a PR sponsorhip and I aint coming back not never not ever even for a holiday so ner!
Old May 23rd 2008, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ponyrama

Tonight - I am getting freaking rat assed cos I'm on my way to Oz on a PR sponsorhip and I aint coming back not never not ever even for a holiday so ner!
Congratulations!!

When are you leaving?
Old May 23rd 2008, 6:12 pm
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

That's great news for you so when do you plan on heading out
Old May 23rd 2008, 6:50 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xzibit
Congratulations!!

When are you leaving?
Originally Posted by paul30
That's great news for you so when do you plan on heading out

I reckon I will be in Oz by October. Fingers crossed. RSMS visas are taking between 8 and 12 weeks, but its paper application so that will add time on getting stuff together etc. But already have my police checks, IELTS etc so should be plain sailing. I'm just off out to get puckin fissed!

Old May 24th 2008, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

sharonm5 will become famous soon enoughsharonm5 will become famous soon enough

I reckon I will be in Oz by October. Fingers crossed. RSMS visas are taking between 8 and 12 weeks, but its paper application so that will add time on getting stuff together etc. But already have my police checks, IELTS etc so should be plain sailing. I'm just off out to get puckin fissed!

drinking is not all its made out to be... I am still feeling the consequences of last nights 'quick drink'
Old May 25th 2008, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

october then pony!!!

i hope to be out in september

ill still beat you

doc
Old May 25th 2008, 5:19 pm
beach bum

Originally Posted by docgp
october then pony!!!

i hope to be out in september

ill still beat you

doc
We'll see docgp - we'll see!!!
Old May 25th 2008, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

We'll see docgp - we'll see!!!
even if you do win the race i still thinki you would have cheated

sponsorship is cheating

i, however am not cheating, doing it off my own back with no help

there might have to be a stewards enquiry!!!!!!!!!!!

doc
Old May 25th 2008, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

chris notts forest is just really nicechris notts forest is just really nicechris notts forest is just really nicechris notts forest is just really nicechris notts forest is just really nicechris notts forest is just really nicechris notts forest is just really nicechris notts forest is just really nice

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
Post in here if you're not travelling with the OH or family.

*Desperately hopes not to be the only loner*
Hi everybody I am a 29 year old plumber and currently going down the route of skilled migrants visa
I am travelling to oz alone which is something I am a little scared of to be honest and I am very concerned about the posts on here of people that have found it difficult to meet people and make friends because that’s something I dread I am aiming to be there by April next I haven’t decided were I am going to go yet any suggestions?
Old May 25th 2008, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chris notts forest
Hi everybody I am a 29 year old plumber and currently going down the route of skilled migrants visa
I am travelling to oz alone which is something I am a little scared of to be honest and I am very concerned about the posts on here of people that have found it difficult to meet people and make friends because that’s something I dread I am aiming to be there by April next I haven’t decided were I am going to go yet any suggestions?
welcome to TOLT chris, glad you could join us

if you can make friends here on BE you will have no problems making friends over in OZ

as for where to move to its up to you. do you like cities or prefer the quieter life? surfing, nature, nigtlife? Each place has its pros and con it just finding the right balance

have you been out to visit? an expensive trip to do but would be worth it

any way, good luck with the whole process and enjoy the ride

doc
Old May 26th 2008, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Aquamarine will become famous soon enoughAquamarine will become famous soon enough

WOW!! Well Done!!! Soooo pleased for you!! What and where's the offer? Where you want to be?? Being focused pays off, huh!?!
Old May 26th 2008, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Hey well done. Yes, I'm insanely jealous. Would love to be there by October but I really have no idea. Good luck with the job and hope you get everything you want.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.