Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Anyone out in Nebraska???

Anyone out in Nebraska???

Old Jan 8th 2008, 12:27 am
Forum Regular

linakemp is a name known to alllinakemp is a name known to alllinakemp is a name known to alllinakemp is a name known to alllinakemp is a name known to alllinakemp is a name known to alllinakemp is a name known to alllinakemp is a name known to alllinakemp is a name known to alllinakemp is a name known to alllinakemp is a name known to all
Default Anyone out in Nebraska???

Hi I have just moved to Clay Center in Nebraska and was wondering if anyone lives anywhere near here???
Lina
Old Jan 8th 2008, 1:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Anyone out in Nebraska???

Originally Posted by linakemp
Hi I have just moved to Clay Center in Nebraska and was wondering if anyone lives anywhere near here???
Lina
Having taken a look at where Clay Center is, I would be surprised if anyone lives near you.......that goes for US Citizens, as well as Brits!

Seriously though, I passed by on Thursday morning on I-80, on my way back from Colorado. Welcome to the Group.

Jim.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:10 pm
You're all mugs!

dukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone out in Nebraska???

Lina
I recognise this name!!!!
Old Jan 17th 2008, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

it's just not cricket is a jewel in the roughit's just not cricket is a jewel in the roughit's just not cricket is a jewel in the roughit's just not cricket is a jewel in the rough

Lina
What has taken you to Clay Center?

My OH has family in Clay Center and you must be the only non American in the 1000 or so people that live there.

If you see a couple named Karl and ArVera tell them Elizabeth says hi.
Old Jan 17th 2008, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

linakemp is a name known to alllinakemp is a name known to alllinakemp is a name known to alllinakemp is a name known to alllinakemp is a name known to alllinakemp is a name known to alllinakemp is a name known to alllinakemp is a name known to alllinakemp is a name known to alllinakemp is a name known to alllinakemp is a name known to all

I have a job at US MARC which is based in Clay Center and yes I think I am the only non-US person out here (population 861!!!)

Have found the bar in Clay Center so if they ever go in there then I'll say hi!!
Old Dec 28th 2008, 12:08 am
Just Joined

fat_and_scottish is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not sure where Clay Center is. I'm in Lincoln, NE
Old Jan 9th 2009, 4:06 am
Forum Regular

slidingbyee has a brilliant futureslidingbyee has a brilliant futureslidingbyee has a brilliant futureslidingbyee has a brilliant futureslidingbyee has a brilliant futureslidingbyee has a brilliant future

Omaha here - why and how I got here, still stunned! Only -1F with wind yesterday
Old Apr 15th 2009, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

The Laird is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Anyone out in Nebraska???

I'm in Omaha, not very near to Clay Center, but at least I know where it is. Loving it here, in spite of the weather.
Old May 22nd 2009, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

Frannie has much to be proud ofFrannie has much to be proud ofFrannie has much to be proud ofFrannie has much to be proud ofFrannie has much to be proud ofFrannie has much to be proud ofFrannie has much to be proud ofFrannie has much to be proud ofFrannie has much to be proud ofFrannie has much to be proud ofFrannie has much to be proud of

Hiya,

I'm in Bellevue just on the outskirts of Omaha.. been here nearly 4 yrs now.
Old May 23rd 2009, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

The Laird is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Frannie,
I'm up in the North West of Omaha, officially classified as Bennington. I came over in Oct. 2007, and still feel a bit like a new boy. I lived in Lincoln in the U.K., retired in 1992, met my partner on the internet in 1999...one thing led to another, and here I am. Enjoying every minute of it, especially now that the weather has improved.
Nice to hear from a fellow Brit.
The Laird.
Old May 23rd 2009, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

Frannie has much to be proud ofFrannie has much to be proud ofFrannie has much to be proud ofFrannie has much to be proud ofFrannie has much to be proud ofFrannie has much to be proud ofFrannie has much to be proud ofFrannie has much to be proud ofFrannie has much to be proud ofFrannie has much to be proud ofFrannie has much to be proud of

I have heard of Bennington, my boys play select footie ( soccer) lol so travel all over Omaha and Iowa etc. It will be 4yrs this coming August we have been here. I have 2 boys 9 and 13yrs and I'm married to a lovely american chap who works for UP so thats how we ended up in Nebraska.

How are you liking the Cornhusker state???
Old Aug 17th 2009, 6:01 pm
Just Joined

gingermcmillan is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband and I live in Chicago (he's from the Scottish Borders) but I'm from Nebraska and we try to visit a few times a year. I know a Scottish lass in Grand Island which isn't too far from Clay Center.

My family is all in Crete (home of Doane College) and I graduated from Dorchester High School. I think we played Clay Center in random sports tournaments...I think their school color was orange as well?

If there is ever serious discussion of a meet up I think we would like to try to attend. We've discussed moving to Nebraska someday (though we haven't quite decided whether it is there or the UK).
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

Cherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud of

Papillion NE here, its the suburbs of Omaha
Old May 6th 2010, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

huyton is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Scouse Express!
Nice to know some of us are out there!
I am from Huyton. Have lived in the Black Hills of South Dakota for 21 years.
I'm getting ready to go home, hopefully within the next few months, but won't be living in Liverpool, going to Hereford to be near my granddaughters. Their father, my son, was killed in Hereford in 2003. A horrific car crash. I went home then, and have never been back. Surgery's and funds have not allowed me to.
What part of Liverpool are you from? .
All the best,
Liz
Liverpool Liz
Old May 7th 2010, 3:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by huyton
Hello Scouse Express!
Nice to know some of us are out there!
I am from Huyton. Have lived in the Black Hills of South Dakota for 21 years.
I'm getting ready to go home, hopefully within the next few months, but won't be living in Liverpool, going to Hereford to be near my granddaughters. Their father, my son, was killed in Hereford in 2003. A horrific car crash. I went home then, and have never been back. Surgery's and funds have not allowed me to.
What part of Liverpool are you from? .
All the best,
Liz
Liverpool Liz
Fairfield, between Kenny and Old Swan.......just down Prescot Road, from the old Silver Blades Ice Rink.

Jim.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.