Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Melange Pour Pouding for Rae!

Melange Pour Pouding for Rae!

Old Dec 18th 2007, 4:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Rob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Melange Pour Pouding for Rae!

What a surprise to find these in Walmart Superstore today!
Might this be a help for you Rae?
Attached Thumbnails Melange Pour Pouding for Rae!-melange-pour-pouding.jpg  
Old Dec 18th 2007, 1:50 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melange Pour Pouding for Rae!

What you mean you don't like yorkshire frisbees?
I was thinking of patenting the recipe
Old Dec 18th 2007, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
What you mean you don't like yorkshire frisbees?
I was thinking of patenting the recipe
Those weren't frizbees - they were Yorkshire Pucks!!!
Tasty, but odd!
Old Dec 27th 2007, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: PC Yorkies!

Okay, I know some might think that I'm on a crazed mission, but while in Great Canadian Superstore this morning I just happened to see these - well, there was a whole section in the fridges!

Will give them a try and let you know if they are any good.

Oh, and as an aside - we found Bisto Gravy Granules in the Scottish shop in Niagara-on-the-Lake (only $4.99). What a wonderful little town, albeit quite touristy. See pic of Prince of Wales Hotel in the main street with horse drawn carriage for town tours!
Attached Thumbnails Melange Pour Pouding for Rae!-dsc00358.jpg   Melange Pour Pouding for Rae!-niagara-lake-2.jpg  
Old Dec 27th 2007, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

I really dont understand why yorkshire puddings are so hard for some to make.

Beat 2 eggs with some milk - about 2 cups, till you see some bubbles in the mixture.

Add plain white flour, here I use Robin Hood all purpose flour, about 2 cups, and beat till you see froth on the top. Never use self raising or baking powder or suchlike.

Add salt and white pepper

No need to let it rest or anything fancy

Heat oil, or lard or beef dripping until its HOT, smoking almost. Oven around 200 - 220 degrees C,

Beat the mixture once more then add to the hot fat dishes. Close the oven door and dont open it to check how things are doing. If you must then dont have a window or door open in the kitchen that lets the cold air in. Close the oven door carefully

20 minutes or so and you will have lovely yorkshire puddings
Old Dec 27th 2007, 8:19 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daft batty
I really dont understand why yorkshire puddings are so hard for some to make.

Beat 2 eggs with some milk - about 2 cups, till you see some bubbles in the mixture.

Add plain white flour, here I use Robin Hood all purpose flour, about 2 cups, and beat till you see froth on the top. Never use self raising or baking powder or suchlike.

Add salt and white pepper

No need to let it rest or anything fancy

Heat oil, or lard or beef dripping until its HOT, smoking almost. Oven around 200 - 220 degrees C,

Beat the mixture once more then add to the hot fat dishes. Close the oven door and dont open it to check how things are doing. If you must then dont have a window or door open in the kitchen that lets the cold air in. Close the oven door carefully

20 minutes or so and you will have lovely yorkshire puddings
I just tried your recipe. Was I supposed to do something about the eggshells before beating the eggs with milk, because the pouding turned out a bit crunchy like?
Old Dec 27th 2007, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
I just tried your recipe. Was I supposed to do something about the eggshells before beating the eggs with milk, because the pouding turned out a bit crunchy like?
Typical geordie. If you had a brain you would be dangerous.

BTW, did you take the milk out of the cow first??
Old Dec 27th 2007, 8:53 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

BTW, did you take the milk out of the cow first??
Of course. Do you think I'm thick? I beat the eggs with milk bottle like you said.
Old Dec 27th 2007, 8:55 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

I can make flawless yorky puds back in the Uk , never had any probs.
Invite people over for dinner , they turn into the aforementioned yorkshire frisbees!!
We are on the 19th floor , I blame the altitude!!!
Old Dec 27th 2007, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light

as a yorkshireman you are better letting the batter mixture rest for about half hour.
Old Dec 27th 2007, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by redarmy990
as a yorkshireman you are better letting the batter mixture rest for about half hour.
As a NOT Yorkshireman am I exempt from resting my batter?
Old Dec 27th 2007, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Of course. Do you think I'm thick? I beat the eggs with milk bottle like you said.
Then it should have worked just fine
Old Dec 27th 2007, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
I can make flawless yorky puds back in the Uk , never had any probs.
Invite people over for dinner , they turn into the aforementioned yorkshire frisbees!!
We are on the 19th floor , I blame the altitude!!!
Its prob the flour, try the Robin Hood brand, also the oven temp could be inaccurate so whack it up a bit
Old Dec 27th 2007, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by redarmy990
We NE folk never argue with our neighbours to the south

I often forget to make the batter ahead of time and so it doesnt get eft to rest very often. Doesnt seem to make any difference as long as you bray the living daylights out of it when you mix it all in. Plus- the secret is in mixing the eggs and milk together first, before you add the flour. This is how my mum does it, its not the recipe she gave to me originally, and I only realised some years later when I was helping her cook. Sneaky woman keeping that to herself!
Old Dec 27th 2007, 9:52 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Shouldn't that be if he had a brain he'd be down on the floor playing with it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.