Weather: Perth vs Brisbane

Old Dec 17th 2007, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

Jessy69 is on a distinguished road
Default Weather: Perth vs Brisbane

Are these the same for weather?
Old Dec 17th 2007, 12:21 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Weather: Perth vs Brisbane

Originally Posted by Jessy69
Are these the same for weather?
No.
Brisbane - Hot and humid. Mild winters.
Perth - Hot and dry - although some humid days. Cold and wet winters.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

Jessy69 is on a distinguished road

Whats more pleasant, dry or humid?

Cold and Wet? but not as much as Melbourne?
Old Dec 17th 2007, 12:31 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Perth is not as wet as Melbourne. When I say cold, it's not cold like the UK (although it can get really cold at night). You would probably call it mild.

I prefer Perth weather. I don't like humidity - others will prefer the opposite.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 12:38 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Perth - Hot and dry - although some humid days. Cold and wet winters.
Perth: Cold and wet summers too!
Old Dec 17th 2007, 12:46 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by renth
At the moment yes! Looks like it's improving this week:

Perth Forecast
Issued at 4:50 am WDT on Monday 17 December 2007

Warning summary
Nil.

Forecast for Monday
Cloudy with a few showers easing to a shower or two for the afternoon. Light
winds shifting SW'ly during the morning and becoming moderate to fresh in the
afternoon.

Precis: Few showers easing.
City: Max 23
Mandurah: Max 22

UV Index: 10 [Very High] UV Alert from 9:20 to 17:10
Fire Danger: Coastal Plain: LOW
Hills: HIGH

Tuesday Becoming fine. Partly cloudy. Min 15 Max 24
Wednesday Fine. Min 12 Max 25
Thursday Fine. Min 13 Max 25
Friday Fine. Min 12 Max 27
Saturday Fine. Min 15 Max 30
Sunday Fine. Partly cloudy. Min 19 Max 31

The next routine forecast will be issued at 11:20 am WDT Monday.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 12:47 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by renth
Yep, whats happened to Perth's summer? It's all wet and abit chilly willy
Old Dec 17th 2007, 12:48 am
BE Enthusiast

leigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud of

Much prefer dry, can't stand humidity. We have more sunshine in Perth too
Look at these tables for comparisons on temp, rainfall, humidity & sunshine - http://www.livingin-australia.com/cl...lia-cities.htm

Leigh
Old Dec 17th 2007, 1:24 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

I prefer dry heat but the humidity doesn't last forever here and it's managable for me ... the upside to a really stinking day is usually a cracker of a thunderstorm.

S'all about contrasts and variety innit?
Old Dec 17th 2007, 3:51 am
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

We thought that it would be the same but warmer-how wrong can a girl get !
QLD is more overcast and grey but at the same time being warmer, more humid. One noticeable thing is the lack of wind (yay !) and the fact it stays cooler in the evening-it drops quickly at night in Perth.
But can only tell you what it is like at the moment as only just got here-God I miss Perth's blue skies though. Why did no-one tell me QLD is so grey !??!?!?
Old Dec 17th 2007, 4:14 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Well...it is the wet season , it's overcast down here too at the moment but warm and only slightly humid today. The mornings start out very bright and then it clouds over as the heat builds up. I prefer the weather here to where I used to live before, even when it's cloudy its so warm it doesn't really matter and we carry on regardless. When I was here in the winter it was still t-shirt and outdoor pool weather and just warm instead of baking hot. The closer to the coast you go the clearer it becomes, can be blue skies there and cloud inland

To be honest its a welcome relief when it's overcast, we're still acclimatising and getting used to the heat....but we're getting there & I love the warmth.

Not been to Perth but I hear the winters are a lot cooler there.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 4:19 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Brissy at 3.20pm. Pretty overcast all day, but perhaps some rain on the way.

Temp.:27.4°C
Wind:E 26kph
Humidity:66%
Rainfall:0.0mm

Max. 31°C
UV Index:UV INDEX - 15 [Extreme] UV Alert from 7:20 to 16:10
Pollution index:LOW

Sunrise:4:46am
Sunset:6:38pm

http://www.ourbrisbane.com/news/weat...entweather.htm
Old Dec 17th 2007, 4:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by melaniee
We thought that it would be the same but warmer-how wrong can a girl get !
QLD is more overcast and grey but at the same time being warmer, more humid. One noticeable thing is the lack of wind (yay !) and the fact it stays cooler in the evening-it drops quickly at night in Perth.
But can only tell you what it is like at the moment as only just got here-God I miss Perth's blue skies though. Why did no-one tell me QLD is so grey !??!?!?

Its summer - the wet season, afternoon storms should roll in, not getting many tho. Winter - when perth and melb are cool (or cold) and wet, qld gets the dry sunny crystal clear blue skys, temps around 22.

Havent found brisbane really hot or humid for 3 summers now, top temps seem 28/29 occasional 30, and far less storms than we used to get. Nothing like the rather dramatic summers when you got daily storms of a tropical force.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 5:06 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by melaniee
Why did no-one tell me QLD is so grey !??!?!?
Qld really comes in to its own in Winter - from May to Sept you will wake up to wall to wall sunshine almost every day and as others have said very nice temperatures too.

It does get often get cloudy throughout the day in Summer as the storms build up - or these days more like try to build up. A bit like right now!
Old Dec 17th 2007, 5:22 am
Forum Regular

muffinoz has a brilliant futuremuffinoz has a brilliant futuremuffinoz has a brilliant futuremuffinoz has a brilliant futuremuffinoz has a brilliant futuremuffinoz has a brilliant futuremuffinoz has a brilliant future

As bcworld says ... almost wall to wall sunshine throughout the winter ... temperatures low to mid 20's during the day ... got a bit cool at night this year, in July I think it was ... down to about 5c where we are ... but that's an exception ...

Yea this week's overcast and a bit humid ... it'll clear in a day or so ... the heat will start to build thru Jan and Feb ... can get up to mid 30's (or higher at times) ... tends to clear after the storms ... but we need the rain ...

My experience of Perth is more consistent blue skies in the summer ... but I'll live with some overcast summer weather for much better winter weather ..

Enjoy what Qld has to offer ... David

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.