Reload this Page >

PLEASE HELP!! I-94 Issue

PLEASE HELP!! I-94 Issue

Old Oct 16th 2007, 11:45 pm
Just Joined

frank_to_artist is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PLEASE HELP!! I-94 Issue

Dear all,

In Feb this year, I went to New York for a business trip which was quite productive.

On the last day of my trip, I lost my I-94 departure slip. I couldn't find it before I went to JFK airport to catch my flight. I told one of the flight attendents at the airline counter (in my case it was KLM) of my situation. She said that it wasn't problem as she could check me in, but I would have to inform the US Embassy in London (I'm from the U.K) that I had left the U.S.A. She scanned my passport which has the computer bio chip, printed my boarding pass and let me through. I got onto my flight without a problem.

As soon as I got back to the U.K, I wrote to the U.S embassy of how I lost the I-94 and told them that I am now back in the U.K. They sent an automated response telling me to return the I-94; it didn't give any information of what to do if you lost it!

It was only in July this year, I found out that I had to write letter to ACS - CBP SBU, P.O Box 7125, London, KY confirming that I have left the United States and provide information clearly stating that I am now back in my home country. I wrote a letter to ACS - CBP SBU, P.O Box 7125, London, KY stating my situation. I also sent them the original boarding pass I used to leave the U.S, my E- Tickets, luggage tags, photocopies of my passport pages, credit card and bank account statments displaying transactions made outside the U.S.A and the automated response I recieved from the U.S Embassy. I sent them originals, but I did make photocopies just in case......

I'm planning to go back to New York in Feb next year and I am really worried what may happen if things don't go smoothly. I'm thinking of writing a letter to the Customs and Border Protection in Washington asking what is my status in the U.S as well sending them the same information that I gave to the ACS - CBP. I'm also thinking of bringing with me copies of the same documents that I sent to the ACS when I fly over to New York in Feb.

CAN ANYONE please tell me if I have done or doing the right thing? Also if anyone can give me advice on the issue would be greatly appreciated!! I'm really worried that I maybe denied entry to the U.S in my next visit.

Yours,

"A Very Very Worried" Frank
Old Oct 17th 2007, 5:57 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PLEASE HELP!! I-94 Issue

I don`t think anyone in the Europe forum can help as U S customs are a world to their own.
I was going to suggest putting this in the US forum, but see you have already done this.
If they know you have been in and out of the country I can`t see the problem.
good luck.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 4:59 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

The US immigration know exactly where you have been and when by your passport.

I was there last year and my daughter had been to the US 3 times that year before we went with her. The Immigration desk started asking her about her previous trips to NY, Chicago, just by running her passport through a reader.

All the same I would write as you said, and keep a copy of the letter when you go. Was your passport not stamped when you left the US?
Old Oct 17th 2007, 5:24 pm
Just Joined

frank_to_artist is an unknown quantity at this point

No it wasn't. They just "scanned" my passport, gave me my boarding pass and let me through. As I mentioned I've already written to them plus I've got clear evidence that I'm not overstaying my visit in the U.S.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 9:09 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frank_to_artist
No it wasn't. They just "scanned" my passport, gave me my boarding pass and let me through. As I mentioned I've already written to them plus I've got clear evidence that I'm not overstaying my visit in the U.S.
I think when your passport was scanned it probably took a record of your departure
Old Jan 4th 2008, 2:39 am
Just Joined

kasi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Frank,
I realize your question was posted some time ago, but I thought this would make you feel better.
My mother travels to US at least once a year, in 2006 when she left US her
I-94 was not removed from her passport, since she did not know that it was important, she did not do anything about it. In 2007 (About 7 Month later) she went to a US Consulate to receive a Visa and mentioned that she still had her old I-94 in passport. They (Consulate) told her not to worry about it.They removed old I-94 and issued her a visa. She visited USA in 2007 with no problems or questions at all.
It looks like you've done all, you could do to resolve this issue. Please take all the evidence that you sent to "ACS-CBP SBU" with you to US.

Best of luck

Last edited by kasi; Jan 4th 2008 at 2:42 am. Reason: addition