Migration Agent?

Old Aug 28th 2007, 9:07 pm
Tracey and Chris

traceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to all
Smile Migration Agent?

Hi,
We are newbies and we are just about to sign a contract with Migration Agents "Global Visas" as they have told us that they believe we stand a good chance of getting a visa - my partner is a locksmith - now on the skilled jobs list!
I just wondered if anyone has any experience with this Agent and whether they could give me any feedback about them before we sign the contract!
Also - any reccommendations about what to do / not to do - at this early stage would be appreciated!
Thanks
Tracey
x
Old Aug 28th 2007, 9:41 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Migration Agent?

Make sure you get a fixed fee quote... none of this time billing stuff...

R
Old Aug 28th 2007, 10:19 pm
Visa Granted 01/07/08

mr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nice

Hi

Welcome to the forum.

Can't give you any advice on agents as we have processed all our paperwork ourselves, not found it too bad so far just need to triple check everything.

Good luck.

Mary
Old Aug 29th 2007, 8:13 am
Tracey and Chris

traceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to alltraceyandchris is a name known to all

Thanks - good luck you too
Old Aug 29th 2007, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, we have used www.gomatilda.com , they have been brilliant and were highly recommended to us, I think a few have used them on here, you know your fees before you start and you pay at each stage of the process spreading the cost out.

good luck
Old Aug 29th 2007, 10:22 am
Tracey and Chris

Wink Re: Migration Agent?

Thanks for the advice!
We can pay in installments with this agent - which is what attracted us to them really! A friend has used them also and says they were great!I have just discovered this forum and i think I will be logging in regularly from now on! Have been scanning through other threads and have picked up a wealth of information already!
Thanks
Old Aug 29th 2007, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

pukka pom will become famous soon enoughpukka pom will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by traceyandchris
Thanks for the advice!
We can pay in installments with this agent - which is what attracted us to them really! A friend has used them also and says they were great!I have just discovered this forum and i think I will be logging in regularly from now on! Have been scanning through other threads and have picked up a wealth of information already!
Thanks
I don't have any experience with Global Visa's but George Lombard of Austimmigation is a highly respected member here and we received an excellent service from him, I have passed his details to lots of friends who have been totally satisfied with the fast/friendly and reasonably priced service.

Sally
Old Aug 29th 2007, 11:24 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I can't see anywhere on their website where it says they are registered with MARA. If it were me, I would not give one penny to any "agent" who didn't have registration in good standing with MARA. www.themara.com.au
Old Aug 29th 2007, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I can't see anywhere on their website where it says they are registered with MARA. If it were me, I would not give one penny to any "agent" who didn't have registration in good standing with MARA. www.themara.com.au
If they are not MARA registered you are deffinately playing with fire in my opinion!
Old Aug 29th 2007, 11:48 am
Tracey and Chris

OK - I will check to see if they are registered with MARA - I think it stated in their letter that they didnt need to be registered with them but that they have employees that are registered with them - or something similar! I am at work at the moment and the letter is at home!
I will definately check that out though!
Thanks
Old Aug 29th 2007, 12:13 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Any agent who says "we don't need to be registered" is in my opinion not worth hiring. Who do you go to if they do not live up to the promises they make? If they take your money and don't lodge anything at all who will you complain to?
Would you trust a doctor who said "I don't need to be registered with the state licencing board" or a solicitor who said "I don't need to be registered with the Law Society"?
Old Aug 29th 2007, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

rescueranger is an unknown quantity at this point

be very careful about any agent that says they don't need to be registered with MARA - the MARA registration protects you.

It's ok if the company itself is not registered but employ MARA registered agents like thinkingaustralia.com

It's often a good way of seeing how big a company is: if they only have one MARA number on their site , it's probably a one-man band (not necessarily a bad thing, just worth knowing)
Old Aug 30th 2007, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

gina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by traceyandchris
Hi,
We are newbies and we are just about to sign a contract with Migration Agents "Global Visas" as they have told us that they believe we stand a good chance of getting a visa - my partner is a locksmith - now on the skilled jobs list!
I just wondered if anyone has any experience with this Agent and whether they could give me any feedback about them before we sign the contract!
Also - any reccommendations about what to do / not to do - at this early stage would be appreciated!
Thanks
Tracey
x
hi my oh is a locksmith ( though specializes in safes) we have been considering moving to aus for ages, we went over in may and there is lots of work for locksmiths over there, we were going to use an agent and when we went to the meeting they just told us everything we knew already so we are going to do ours ourselves ( when he pulls his finger out of his a**e ) and theres always the good people on here to help you out when you get stuck. if you need any more info then just pm me.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

blakey1 has a brilliant futureblakey1 has a brilliant futureblakey1 has a brilliant futureblakey1 has a brilliant futureblakey1 has a brilliant futureblakey1 has a brilliant future

hi there plese be careful alot of cowboys out there check fees are no more than quoted we have used overseas emigration as our agents and they have been fab just passed our tra and more than happy with service .
took quite alot of the stress of preparing references and that helped alot it is hard going getting all the info together but it really is worth the effort to get the result you need.

i agree if not mara registered don't touch them need to be proteceted as it is alot of money. oe allow installments payments too .
Old Aug 30th 2007, 3:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

claire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud of

Hi Tracey & Chris,

Welcome! Why pay an agent when you can do it all yourselves it is very straightforward and the help on this forum is exceptional, the hardest part is getting your skills assessed. I would think twice before signing anything, as far as I can tell you still do all the paper chasing with an agent they just check it and send it for what seems a hell of a lot of money.

I hope I haven't offended anyone just my opinion.

Thanks Claire.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.