Reload this Page >

SHOULD I BE WORRIED--BOURBRIAC

SHOULD I BE WORRIED--BOURBRIAC

Old Aug 28th 2007, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

BOYSESBABE is an unknown quantity at this point
Question SHOULD I BE WORRIED--BOURBRIAC

Hi
we are near completion of our property in St Gilles Pligeaux.
It will be used as a holiday home until we are able to move permanantly(5 years)
My question..after doing a search on for Bourbriac (closest town)a newspaper article came up all about "ANTI BRIT" Saying how there was a demo against brits buying property in the area and surrounding areas.Buying homes as seconds homes,only staying 3 weeks a year,stopping locals getting on the property ladder.
Should I be worried??
Old Aug 29th 2007, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

artemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to all
Default Re: SHOULD I BE WORRIED--BOURBRIAC

I hope not. Can't really help as I don't live in France, but hopefully someone should be able to give you some advice. If it is of any comfort I have not read of this happening on any other threads that I have read.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BOYSESBABE
Hi
we are near completion of our property in St Gilles Pligeaux.
It will be used as a holiday home until we are able to move permanantly(5 years)
My question..after doing a search on for Bourbriac (closest town)a newspaper article came up all about "ANTI BRIT" Saying how there was a demo against brits buying property in the area and surrounding areas.Buying homes as seconds homes,only staying 3 weeks a year,stopping locals getting on the property ladder.
Should I be worried??
It sounds like Cornwall where second homes are a problem for the locals for the same reasons. It might be worth having a chat with the local mayor to see what (s)he has to say. I read up on the village and out of 214 homes 62 are second homes, so it will be a bit quiet out of season I would imagine.

Last edited by wheatsheaf42; Aug 29th 2007 at 9:28 am. Reason: added a bit
Old Sep 8th 2007, 2:31 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

There is no way I guess that an open forum can deal with these issues. Either that or they don't really exist. From what I read in the press reports of the time (the Guardian and BBC) it sounded like the latter: there wasn't really any malice against the British particularly. I didn't read the French press - it would be interesting to see how they reported it. Nice weather today though and the pool is perfect for the children.

T
Old Sep 8th 2007, 2:35 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

by the way - I forgot - a good thread here if you are interested:
http://brittany.angloinfo.com/forum/...?topic_id=8422

T