Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Introduction

Introduction

Old Aug 10th 2007, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

Jmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud of
Default Introduction

Hi Everybody,

I joined this site a couple fo years ago when I met my US GF no wife. At the time I was going to move to the US but in the end we decided to settle in the UK and have been very happy for the last couple of years.

I recently lost my job and have been doing some consultany work, planning of starting my own business and also keeping one eye on the US and a possible move, basically keeping all options open!!

The other day I noticed a job advertised in San Antonio and it fit me perfectly so I compiled my Americanised CV (sorry I meant resume ) and sent it off to the agency not expecting to hear a thing. My wife and I had actually agreed that if I were to get this job it would muck a lot of things up such as

- We have just bought a house (in Feb) and are locked in on the mortgage for the next 2 years.
- My wife has just found a job doing Pilates.
- I have teamed up with a couple of other people and we are just about to go for funding to starting a new business.

That said we have always planned to go back to the states at some point and to be honest if I had lost my job before I bought the house we would be there now.

Anyway I was sat drinking a beer tonight and I get a phone call from the agency saying that the company are interested in knowing more about me. It has thrown me and my wife into a spin and although absolutly nothing is sorted yet we have to start thinking about a possible move sooner than what we expected.

Anyway - Hello and I I'm sure I will be posting a lot more questions tomorrow once I have slept on it.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 10:16 pm
Open All Hours!

LeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduction

Hello and welcome. Whereabouts in Leeds are you from?
Old Aug 10th 2007, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

Jmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud of

Currently living in Micklefield near Garforth.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 10:18 pm
Open All Hours!

LeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jmaster911
Currently living in Micklefield near Garforth.
Roundhay girl myself.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 10:19 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

hiya, good luck to you both with your dilemma...
Old Aug 10th 2007, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

haha, If there is one thing I have learnt since meeting my wife, its that we all live in a very small world
Old Aug 10th 2007, 10:21 pm
Open All Hours!

I would just relax and see what happens with the company before you start getting stressed out, but wish you both the best of luck.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 10:22 pm
Open All Hours!

Originally Posted by Jmaster911
haha, If there is one thing I have learnt since meeting my wife, its that we all live in a very small world
It's so very true, I had a man come into my office in California a few years ago and we had gone to the same school, hadn't seen him for over 15 oyears.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

And the woman I spoke to at the agency lived and grew up in the same town as my wife
Old Aug 10th 2007, 10:47 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

I'm with LeedsGirl. See what happens first.

On the by and by, Pilates is very popular over here, I'm sure she'd find a position without any problem
Old Aug 10th 2007, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

Your right, I must admit my head went in a spin becuase I never expected the call. That said its a long road before they even think about offering me a job.

Unfortunatly I love to be super prepared so I'll be looking up Visa info, locations, etc etc.

Thanks for the support
Old Aug 10th 2007, 10:58 pm
Pom tiddly pom

ali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Redlippie
I'm with LeedsGirl. See what happens first.

On the by and by, Pilates is very popular over here, I'm sure she'd find a position without any problem
I'm sure the position wouldn't be too much of a stretch for her...

heh!
Old Aug 10th 2007, 10:59 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Tell me about it. I have been slack for a few days and felt it today when I did it
Old Aug 10th 2007, 11:07 pm
Pom tiddly pom

ali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Redlippie
Tell me about it. I have been slack for a few days and felt it today when I did it
Redlippie, have you really managed to post nearly 500 posts in one month??!! Your joining date is July 2007 for heaven's sake!!!

I've been a member for many months more than you, and have a paltry 80 posts to my name, or something similarly pathetic

I'm sure we could work out a 'posts-per-minute' rate for you, or something similar!
Old Aug 10th 2007, 11:10 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ali_j
Redlippie, have you really managed to post nearly 500 posts in one month??!! Your joining date is July 2007 for heaven's sake!!!

I've been a member for many months more than you, and have a paltry 80 posts to my name, or something similarly pathetic

I'm sure we could work out a 'posts-per-minute' rate for you, or something similar!
i don't think it's been a month even, more like 2 weeks, but she's got the gift of the gab

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.