Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Newborn outside Canada by PR holder--visa refused

Newborn outside Canada by PR holder--visa refused

Old Apr 29th 2007, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

emran is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newborn outside Canada by PR holder--visa refused

I know this thread been answered few times but here situation is a bit different. Consulate in Pakistan refused visit visa for my new born daughter and I'm kind of stuck in the middle.

My wife had serious medical condition after delivery of the second child and immigration rules says that new born must be sponsored from canada. Problem here is I can't leave my family alone and settle in Canada.

Also if I leave leave my family alone here how long of minimum will I have to stay in get sponsorship approved.....

Is there any way to sponsor my new born daughter from abroad??

PS: When i called High commission, they told me that in some cases they do allow PR holder to sponsor from abroad, Is it true?

Very confused thinking of giving up my canadian residency.....
Old Apr 29th 2007, 4:59 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newborn outside Canada by PR holder--visa refused

That is the risk you take when you decide to have the child outside of Canada. You do not give enough details to know how strong is your connection to Canada and that might well be the trouble with your child's application. You cannot sponsor anyone from outside of Canada - that is allowed only for Canadian citizen sponsors of spouses and dependent children.
Old Apr 29th 2007, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

How does it take to get sponsorship approved. How many month do I have to leave my family alone? Also what are minister permit chances?

Thanks Jim, You are right we made a mistake but was geniune family problems.

Regards,
Old May 3rd 2007, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by emran
How does it take to get sponsorship approved. How many month do I have to leave my family alone? Also what are minister permit chances?

Thanks Jim, You are right we made a mistake but was geniune family problems.

Regards,
any comments
Old May 3rd 2007, 6:18 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

To sponsor your wife and son you will have to return to Canada and settle in. With a real address and bank account there etc you can sponsor them. Processing takes about a month or slightly more for the sponsorship and then another 8 months more or less at the visa office.