Pensions

Old Apr 6th 2007, 6:59 am
Just Joined

lemontart will become famous soon enough
Default Pensions

Can anyone point me in the direction of info and advice on pensions in nz i.e. retirement age, state pensions advice etc

Liz
Old Apr 7th 2007, 10:47 am
Toni & Tersa D

ToniD will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Pensions

State pensions and retirement ages are similar to the UK, you might have to be a bit more specific with your question, the status of transfering superannuation pensions from the UK to NZ also changed last year. You can get lots of info from the web or seek independant financial advice.
Old Apr 7th 2007, 10:55 am
Just Joined

lemontart will become famous soon enough

I am planning to continue paying ni to ensure uk pension is linked , but naturally will pay into nz state pension when I migrate - however I appreciate that in order to recieve pensions some will have min time or amount of payments that have to be made in order to qualify.

Are there any websites with appropiate info that will help for nz pensions

Liz

thanks in advance
Old Apr 7th 2007, 11:12 am
Toni & Tersa D

ToniD will become famous soon enough

Hi Liz

We emmigrated in Feb 2003 to nz, I would recommend very strongly the following link for advice around your questions.

http://www.orientationnz.co.nz/

If u are in a position to maintain NI contributions to UK from NZ then well and good, u will have to declare yours status and as things go these days the UK may not be in a position to pay any state pensions to persons not resident in the future. My wife and I have a combined total of approx 40 yrs for UK contributions, however we don't expect a penny in the future. Also go to;

http://www.sorted.org.nz/retirement_nz_super.html

To be eligible for New Zealand Superannuation you need to be aged 65 or over and a legal resident of New Zealand, having lived here for ten years since age 20. Five of those years have to be since you turned age 50. If you are close to retirement and want to know more precisely the level of New Zealand Superannuation you would be entitled to (and information about supplements, overseas pension issues, etc) contact Work and Income on +64 0800 552 002 or at www.workandincome.govt.nz

Good luck