Taking mother with me??

Old Mar 2nd 2007, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

nigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud of
Default Taking mother with me??

Hi,

My wife and I are starting the process of RSMS, she is a Nurse. Is there any chance I can bring my mother out as a dependent relative. If so, what sort of evidence would we need to prove she is dependent on us for her everyday needs???

Regards

Nigel
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 7:34 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Taking mother with me??

Originally Posted by nigelb
Hi,

My wife and I are starting the process of RSMS, she is a Nurse. Is there any chance I can bring my mother out as a dependent relative. If so, what sort of evidence would we need to prove she is dependent on us for her everyday needs???

Regards

Nigel
Nigel

Can I suggest you check out www.immi.gov.au for this. I believe that for a "dependent relative visa" there is an age consideration - but not certain of what it is!

Regards

Jim
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 11:13 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

It's usually near-impossible to prove dependency for a parent in the UK (because parents usually have their own income to cover basic needs).

And if you do prove dependency, then your RSMS visa could be refused if your mother's health wasn't up to scratch.

The most feasible route is usually a Contributory Parent visa application 2-3 years down the line. You don't need to prove dependency but do need to meet the balance of family test and health requirements (plus pay the high fees).

Download and read booklet 3. And if you need professional assistance, Ian Harrop is a good option: http://www.ianharrop.co.uk
Old Mar 4th 2007, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

nigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud of

Thanks for the informative advice. I fully understand that it would be hard to prove Mothers dependancy, plus I would not want it to effect our visa. If that is the case, how do I get her out? she doesnt have the money for the Retiree investor visa, she is 59 this year, and has no particular trade. The only other option that my be worth a try, I have a cousin and her partner that live on Alice Springs. Can they sponser her? if so how? and I have heard they would need to earn a certain amount, is that right???

Regards

Nigel
Old Mar 4th 2007, 7:03 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the informative advice. I fully understand that it would be hard to prove Mothers dependancy, plus I would not want it to effect our visa. If that is the case, how do I get her out? she doesnt have the money for the Retiree investor visa, she is 59 this year, and has no particular trade. The only other option that my be worth a try, I have a cousin and her partner that live on Alice Springs. Can they sponser her? if so how? and I have heard they would need to earn a certain amount, is that right???

Regards

Nigel
Hi Nigel,

No, she needs to be dependent on you or someone else, or fit the categories in Booklet 4 - I don't think it's going to work out initially, better to apply for her migration as soon as you're "settled" here.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Mar 4th 2007, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks George,

It seems that would be the answer. How long have we got to be settled in Oz before we can sponser her, and how do we do it? do we need to earn a certain amount to guarantoor her??

Regards

Nigel
Old Mar 4th 2007, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

CASPER99 is an unknown quantity at this point

You could try the contributory parent visa.

try this link

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/fami.../143/index.htm

YOu would need to have been a permanent resident for 2 years and earn a minium of $40,000 for the year to be able to be assurance of support (AOS)

After you have been a permanetn resident for 2 years (and your mother meets the balance of family test, which means she must have at least half of her children living in oz) she can apply for this visa (which is currently taking 12-15 months to come through (she would also have to pass a medical.

For the visa she would have to pay for the first installment -$1,340
the second installment is - $29,330 (no that is not a spelling mistake)

Then she would have to put down a bond (which she gets back after 10 years) of well I am not really sure how much it is for a single but it is $14,000 for a couple so probably about $7000

Forget about the normal parent visa as there is about a 10 year waiting list

Hope this helps
Old Mar 4th 2007, 11:33 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

It seems that would be the answer. How long have we got to be settled in Oz before we can sponser her, and how do we do it? do we need to earn a certain amount to guarantoor her??
All the answers are in booklet 3, which has already been mentioned to you. Strongly recommended to download and read it.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 6:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Thank you all for the advice. I have now read the booklet and it all seems to be clearer now.

Cheers