Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Are you planning to move back to the UK in the near future and are you excited?

Are you planning to move back to the UK in the near future and are you excited?

Old Dec 18th 2006, 11:09 pm
Just Joined

iwantone has much to be proud ofiwantone has much to be proud ofiwantone has much to be proud ofiwantone has much to be proud ofiwantone has much to be proud ofiwantone has much to be proud ofiwantone has much to be proud ofiwantone has much to be proud ofiwantone has much to be proud ofiwantone has much to be proud ofiwantone has much to be proud of
Default Are you planning to move back to the UK in the near future and are you excited?

Hi there,

Just wandering how many of us on here are planning on moving back to the Uk any time soon? We have lived in the US now for nearly 5 years, we initially came with an open mind on how long we would stay, maybe indefinitely if we loved it that much. Now with a baby on the way & missing our family (hubby is english too) we are planning a move back probably this time next year in time for christmas. I have to say I am really excited to get back to blighty although I am not looking forward to packing everything up and all the mess that goes with it but I know it will all be worth it.

Merry christmas everyone.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 11:10 pm
Tool

Old William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are you planning to move back to the UK in the near future and are you excited?

Originally Posted by iwantone
Hi there,

Just wandering how many of us on here are planning on moving back to the Uk any time soon? We have lived in the US now for nearly 5 years, we initially came with an open mind on how long we would stay, maybe indefinitely if we loved it that much. Now with a baby on the way & missing our family (hubby is english too) we are planning a move back probably this time next year in time for christmas. I have to say I am really excited to get back to blighty although I am not looking forward to packing everything up and all the mess that goes with it but I know it will all be worth it.

Came back from the States 7 weeks ago...and loving every minute of being back.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 11:16 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Are you planning to move back to the UK in the near future and are you excited?

Hi there,

sure sounds exciting for you all....i've been here 5 yrs although manage to return home to blighty frequently and hope the day isn't too far off when i'll stay that side of the pond for good

all the best with your plans and happy christmas
Old Dec 18th 2006, 11:19 pm
Just Joined

iwantone has much to be proud ofiwantone has much to be proud ofiwantone has much to be proud ofiwantone has much to be proud ofiwantone has much to be proud ofiwantone has much to be proud ofiwantone has much to be proud ofiwantone has much to be proud ofiwantone has much to be proud ofiwantone has much to be proud ofiwantone has much to be proud of

That's great old william. How are you finding settling back into good old UK life? Do you think that you appreciate england more so than before you were an expat?
Old Dec 18th 2006, 11:58 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

Have you got U.S. green cards or are you still on temporary visas?

If you have your child born in the US then he or she will be an automatic American citizen. Although assuming at least one of you is UK born/naturalised, you should be able to get a British passport and British birth certificate for the child from the Embassy in Washington DC as well.
Old Dec 19th 2006, 12:03 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

Stuck here for a few years yet, but planning an extended sabbatical back in Blighty next year
Old Dec 19th 2006, 12:24 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Excited? I can't wait, but am really nervous too.

I leave on Thursday - only been in Oz since January but feels like a lifetime. There are things that I will definitely miss, like the city, the weather, driving by the sea every day but I won't miss the crap wages, being skint and the lack of culture.

Good luck to everyone who is returning for Christmas and also to those who hope to return in the near future - fingers crossed for you all
Old Dec 19th 2006, 1:29 am

pomijean is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LouiseD

I leave on Thursday - only been in Oz since January but feels like a lifetime. There are things that I will definitely miss, like the city, the weather, driving by the sea every day but I won't miss the crap wages, being skint and the lack of culture.

Good luck to everyone who is returning for Christmas and also to those who hope to return in the near future - fingers crossed for you all
Good luck,you lucky bugger.
I,m dreaming of a WET Christmas,anything but this rotton heat.
Old Dec 19th 2006, 2:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck.
Have a fantstic trip home.

Are you coming back to collect your hubby?
Old Dec 19th 2006, 2:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

How exciting, a baby on the way! Congratulations! And the best of luck with your plans.

I my own mind I am planning on moving back, the only problem is that nobody else in my family wants to! So it really is all in my imagination, still I can dream I suppose.

We are planning to go for a long holiday there next year (was going for Christmas, but change of plan), I doubt that I will ever live there permanently again, unless I want a divorce and the kids to have no father .

I don't know if I will take to the place again after not having been there for more than five years, but I can't stand the thought that I may not ever live there again. That really is sad.

Anyway, if I had actual solid plans, like the packers and a flight booked, I would be extremely excited! But nothing that exciting is happening any time soon.
Old Dec 19th 2006, 4:48 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

i just wondered what it is you prefer about UK to the US? We are in OZ and the list is endless for us. But you have done 5 years so that is a good time to be able to judge the difference.
Hope you do make it back next Christmas, by the sounds of it there will be loads of us going back!!
Happy Christmas to you and yours too
Old Dec 19th 2006, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

Jessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud of

Hi there,

That sounds just like us except that we are in Oz - we moved with a similar attitude and are not pregnant as yet but havin fun trying we also plan to be home for next Christmas.

I am very excited especially at this time of year as this is the first year here that doesn't seem quite so crap! I can embrace it for all it is (and isn't) safe in the knowledge that next years will be fantastic!

Of course I realise I may feel differently when the reality of the move itself and the logistical nightmare hits home but for now I'm just excited!
Old Dec 19th 2006, 7:11 am
Hull lass

workboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond reputeworkboresme has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not wanting to move back, but am making plans to (overstay in US, immigration, I-601 waiver probably being denied etc).

If I do get deported (eligible for voluntary departure, woo!), I so don't want to go back to Hull. Although my family is there, there is a reason I chose to move 6,000 miles away! LOL!

Good luck on your move and have a wonderful time back home
Old Dec 19th 2006, 7:40 am
Bendy Bully

Eric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Are you planning to move back to the UK in the near future and are you excited?

Good luck and all the best Louise.
Old Dec 19th 2006, 9:37 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the good wishes folks - not sure yet if I'm coming back to collect hubby. I'm going to see how I travel (nervous flyer :scared: ). If I can make it back to help him pack up, I will but if not, I'm sure he'll be fine to follow me over in Feb.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.