Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Can 136 visa be refused even if meeting all requirements?

Can 136 visa be refused even if meeting all requirements?

Old Nov 14th 2006, 4:35 pm
Francis_r

Default Can 136 visa be refused even if meeting all requirements?

I often hear of people who have made an application and then have their
fingers crossed. Is it really so that even if you meet all requirements
for a visa, that it still can be refused?

If yes, then what factors influence the probability of success? I'm
especially interested in the 136 type.

Cheers,

Francis

Old Nov 16th 2006, 9:55 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can 136 visa be refused even if meeting all requirements?

Originally Posted by Francis_r

Cheers,

Francis
Examples:

Medical condition(s).
Undeclared (i.e. forgotten, state of denial) criminal record.
Over-inflated self assessment of points due to over confidence/ignorance.
Failure to consider the basic requirements.
English language points prematurely claimed.

Peter
Old Nov 16th 2006, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Angela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond repute

We had a close shave at the end with my OH kids from ex marraige (none migratory and estranged), who had to undergo meds n pcc - was not good with the eldest one and we nearly missed our visa - it was just that He was 2 months away from being 18 that swayed it for us.

Angela
Old Nov 17th 2006, 1:04 am
BE Enthusiast

WESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Francis_r

Cheers,

Francis
If the minister is satisfied that you meet all the visa criteria then the visa MUST be granted.
Old Nov 17th 2006, 1:30 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WESTLY
If the minister is satisfied that you meet all the visa criteria then the visa MUST be granted.
... except when the grant of the visa exceeds the number of visas available if capped. In which case, the visa must be granted, eventually.

Peter
Old Nov 17th 2006, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ptlabs
... except when the grant of the visa exceeds the number of visas available if capped. In which case, the visa must be granted, eventually.

Peter
Would these just be held over to the next year/period then when they have the next allocation of places?
Old Nov 17th 2006, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Angela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marvinc
Would these just be held over to the next year/period then when they have the next allocation of places?

As other post says , if you meet the criteria the visa must be granted, its just when ! From reading many post's on here it can slow down June ready for the new years allocation. Delays also can occur with volume of applications which are on the increase - but the aussie timeline site gives you an indication of how long similar applications to yours are taking.
angela
Old Nov 17th 2006, 2:16 pm
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angela Marie
As other post says , if you meet the criteria the visa must be granted, its just when ! From reading many post's on here it can slow down June ready for the new years allocation. Delays also can occur with volume of applications which are on the increase - but the aussie timeline site gives you an indication of how long similar applications to yours are taking.
angela
We have got a few 'issues' that stand out in our case for the 136 or any visa for that matter, i sorted one ( i hope) with a call to DIMIA - very nice lady there, and were sorting the other issue next week re - kids from first marriage and removing from UK 2 OZ....but still have nightmares something will go wrong!
we score 130 points so fingers x'd theyl have us!
Old Nov 17th 2006, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=katsmajic]

pm me - if I can be any help
x