Is Diabetes a Medical Condition?

Old Jun 6th 2006, 6:35 am
Perth......at last!

sponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of light
Default Is Diabetes a Medical Condition?

Hi everyone

This may sound like a really dumb question, but I hope someone can answer it for me.
My husband is a diabetic but he is not on any medication. It is purely diet controlled. Every now and again he has to have a blood test, just to keep an eye on things. He has the odd visit to the nurse. And he should check his sugar level every day .
Question is on the letter from the medical centre where we are due to have medicals, it states
' if you have a medical conditon please bring relevant medical reports which can be obtained from your GP'
Of course I can ask the medical centre direct if his is classed as a medical condtion, but before I do, can anyone else shed any light?

Thanks
Sponge
Old Jun 6th 2006, 6:56 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Diabetes a Medical Condition?

Originally Posted by sponge
Hi everyone

This may sound like a really dumb question, but I hope someone can answer it for me.
My husband is a diabetic but he is not on any medication. It is purely diet controlled. Every now and again he has to have a blood test, just to keep an eye on things. He has the odd visit to the nurse. And he should check his sugar level every day .
Question is on the letter from the medical centre where we are due to have medicals, it states
' if you have a medical conditon please bring relevant medical reports which can be obtained from your GP'
Of course I can ask the medical centre direct if his is classed as a medical condtion, but before I do, can anyone else shed any light?

Thanks
Sponge
Yes...it is a very important medical condition.

G
Old Jun 6th 2006, 7:21 am
Visa Granted 04/07/2006

zeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant future

It's a "yes"...

The fact that he's not on medication does not mean it's not a medical condition. As a matter of fact, diabetes is a very serious medical condition.

Having said that, don't worry about the medical, just disclose everything. There are many cases of people having diabetes getting visas... but that's up to the LCU though...

Good Luck with the medical.

Regards.
Old Jun 6th 2006, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Yes...it is a very important medical condition.

G

It certainly is!!

Try having a look at the diabetes uk website.

http://www.diabetes.org.uk/home.htm
Old Jun 6th 2006, 8:32 am
Perth......at last!

sponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you everyone for your replies

I feel very silly not knowing the answer.

Have also just spoken to the Medical Centre and they have been very polite and helpful.
They said I should try and get a 'photocopy' of GP's notes and if not able to before the appointment not to worry about it but we can explain to the doctor who will do medical.

Thanks again
Sponge
Old Jun 6th 2006, 11:58 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zeny
It's a "yes"...

The fact that he's not on medication does not mean it's not a medical condition. As a matter of fact, diabetes is a very serious medical condition.

Having said that, don't worry about the medical, just disclose everything. There are many cases of people having diabetes getting visas... but that's up to the LCU though...

Controlled diabetes without complications or associated conditions does not normally cause a person to fail to meet the health criteria (it is a medical condition, however).