Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Do Yorkshire Puddings rise in Canada?

Do Yorkshire Puddings rise in Canada?

Old May 27th 2006, 12:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Washington, the original one, for now. The future - who knows?
Wearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to behold
Default Do Yorkshire Puddings rise in Canada?

Just wondering?
Old May 27th 2006, 12:46 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do Yorkshire Puddings rise in Canada?

Originally Posted by Wearsider
Just wondering?
Yes but only if you adjust the recipe
Old May 27th 2006, 12:56 am
smokes, let's go

Tidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really nice

Two eggs. That's the key!
Old May 27th 2006, 12:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Wearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to behold
Exclamation Re: Do Yorkshire Puddings rise in Canada?

Originally Posted by Tidge

Do they come out flat and stodgey or light and airy?
Old May 27th 2006, 12:58 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Thats how you end up with twins.
Old May 27th 2006, 12:59 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

I always use 2 eggs, even when I was in England.

Yes they do rise in exactly the same way as British ones do - crispy on the outside and soft on the inside and yes they rise VERY high.....same as in the UK.
Old May 27th 2006, 1:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tiaribbon
I always use 2 eggs, even when I was in England.

Yes they do rise in exactly the same way as British ones do - crispy on the outside and soft on the inside and yes they rise VERY high.....same as in the UK.
Can I come around for Sunday dinner then as "wor lass" cannot cook Yorkies to save her life (by her own admission- she is a brill cook at everything else!)
Old May 27th 2006, 1:28 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

Can I come around for Sunday dinner then as "wor lass" cannot cook Yorkies to save her life (by her own admission- she is a brill cook at everything else!)
LOL!!!

Does she have the oven on high enough? And does she heat the oil up so that it is boiling when she places the mixture into the trays?

Oh and does she mix the mixture so that there are lots of bubbles on the top?
Old May 27th 2006, 1:34 am
BE Enthusiast

LOL!!!

Does she have the oven on high enough? And does she heat the oil up so that it is boiling when she places the mixture into the trays?

Oh and does she mix the mixture so that there are lots of bubbles on the top?
I have never asked her as she is too busy doing the ironing, cleaning, hoovering, shopping, gardening, painting...................
Old May 27th 2006, 1:44 am
Premium Member

I have never asked her as she is too busy doing the ironing, cleaning, hoovering, shopping, gardening, painting...................
Oh you wicked man!!! Women are not put on this planet to do ironing, cleaning, hoovering, shopping, gardening OR painting!! Well at least I wasn't !!
Old May 27th 2006, 1:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Oh you wicked man!!! Women are not put on this planet to do ironing, cleaning, hoovering, shopping, gardening OR painting!! Well at least I wasn't !!
I know, but some are!

As well as working full time and earning £10,000 more than me!
Old May 27th 2006, 1:54 am
Premium Member

I know, but some are!

As well as working full time and earning £10,000 more than me!
Well you are certainly a lucky bunny!!

Is she mad?
Old May 27th 2006, 2:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Well you are certainly a lucky bunny!!

Is she mad?
No, just not lazy like me!
Old May 27th 2006, 2:01 am
Premium Member

No, just not lazy like me!
Ahh now you see in my marriage that person is me!!
Old May 27th 2006, 2:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Ahh now you see in my marriage that person is me!!
Well done!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.