Landing/Photos/PR Card

Old Apr 24th 2006, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold
Question Landing/Photos/PR Card

We're getting ready to land at YYZ on May 7th. I've got a quick question about the photos required for the PR card.

We sent the requested two photos off with my husband's passport, the passport was returned with the visa enclosed, the COPR form, and a page of instructions. The instructions did not mention anything about bringing along photos when you land, to be submitted with the PR card application.

The photos that we sent with his passport (and have been using all along, because we didn't know better) are of him wearing a white t-shirt against a white background. I've read that this makes the photo unacceptable for PR cards, as they require a contrasting colour against a white background.

Should we get a couple of new photos taken, matching the standard photo specifications (but with him wearing a black shirt), in advance of landing, or just risk it? How many photos do we need to bring when landing (I seem to think 2, but I can't figure out why)?

Thanks!
Old Apr 24th 2006, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

VCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really niceVCox is just really nice
Default Re: Landing/Photos/PR Card

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
We're getting ready to land at YYZ on May 7th. I've got a quick question about the photos required for the PR card.
Hi Cov, I'd be interested to see the responses to this as I wasn't planning on bringing any extra photos when I land (2 May).

From what other people have said, if your photo isn't suitable they do another one there and then (using a black cape) - just adds a bit of time to you getting through immigration but otherwise no problem. It seems quite common that people's photo are too glossy, and that's why they have to be redone. Hope mine's OK cos it's quite a nice one and after the long flight no doubt I'll look a right b*gger!

V
Old Apr 24th 2006, 2:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Mr B had to have his retaken at YYZ - London had stapled the pics to his COPR and staple holes were unacceptable, also a bit of ballpoint pen ink had been smeared across about 1mm in the corner (also by London!) so the officer just wanted to redo them.

It took an extra 10secs with Immigration's digicam - and I'm glad he did it that way rather than provide his own pics as there was no doubt from the off that these new ones were going to be acceptable
Old Apr 24th 2006, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
Mr B had to have his retaken at YYZ - London had stapled the pics to his COPR and staple holes were unacceptable, also a bit of ballpoint pen ink had been smeared across about 1mm in the corner (also by London!) so the officer just wanted to redo them.

It took an extra 10secs with Immigration's digicam - and I'm glad he did it that way rather than provide his own pics as there was no doubt from the off that these new ones were going to be acceptable
Good point...I think Oxocube was more worried about having to present a card for the next several years with a photo of him wearing a silly black cape, after just getting off an 8 hour flight! Theoretically if he wears a dark top he can at least avoid the cape