Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Average house price comparison - Between Perth and Brisbane.

Average house price comparison - Between Perth and Brisbane.

Old Apr 22nd 2006, 11:38 am
Mad Nurse now in NSW

eljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of light
Default Average house price comparison - Between Perth and Brisbane.

Hi

Visa has gone in, applied for just the wait now,

I have some doubts about the house prices they seem to have gone through the roof. Can someone please give me an idea of the average house price costs in both Perth and Brisbane. With my projected income being single etc I beleieve I can get a morgage for about 250k. Will I be able to afford a decent house in a decent suburb, or should I just stay in England?

I am obviously going to Australian for the different lifestyle option, and same shit shinier bucket is fine by me. I want to be able to get on the housing ladder over there, or have the recent price hikes, put shine to that. WIlll I have a better chance of getting on the ladder in Perth or Brisbane.

Cheers

Justin
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 11:44 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Average house price comparison - Between Perth and Brisbane.

Originally Posted by eljustino
Hi

I have some doubts about the house prices they seem to have gone through the roof. Can someone please give me an idea of the average house price costs in both Perth and Brisbane. With my projected income being single etc I beleieve I can get a morgage for about 250k. Will I be able to afford a decent house in a decent suburb, or should I just stay in England?

I am obviously going to Australian for the different lifestyle option, and same shit shinier bucket is fine by me. I want to be able to get on the housing ladder over there, or have the recent price hikes, put shine to that. WIlll I have a better chance of getting on the ladder in Perth or Brisbane.

Cheers

Justin
http://www.aussiehome.com/trendCharts/
Dunno about stinky Brizzy , but this may give you a guide on perth
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 11:49 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Cheers
Justin
Dunno about Brisbane but in Perth you'd be paying $200k for a bloody unit/council estate type flat but with 'better' neighbours maybe.

For further info on current prices and to view properties:

www.realestate.com.au

www.domain.com.au

best of luck
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

chaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond repute

recently been to brizzy on a reccie...didint smell that bad..lol

Anyway to give you some indication there is a new develpment north of brisbane...ive coped part of the email i recenlty got from the developers...

Bridgehaven's first stage release of land will start at a very affordable
$129,000, and will feature a range of allotment sizes to suit all tastes and
needs starting from 324m² to 976m². Not only will the first buyers at
Bridgehaven be part of creating North Lakes history, but the first 10 to
purchase land in Bridgehaven at Saturday's Community Fair will also receive a
$5,000 Myer shopping voucher.*(Conditions apply)

Cheers

C
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by chaval
recently been to brizzy on a reccie...didint smell that bad..lol

Anyway to give you some indication there is a new develpment north of brisbane...ive coped part of the email i recenlty got from the developers...

Bridgehaven's first stage release of land will start at a very affordable
$129,000, and will feature a range of allotment sizes to suit all tastes and
needs starting from 324m² to 976m². Not only will the first buyers at
Bridgehaven be part of creating North Lakes history, but the first 10 to
purchase land in Bridgehaven at Saturday's Community Fair will also receive a
$5,000 Myer shopping voucher.*(Conditions apply)

Cheers

C
To give brizzy its due on my last time there , my hat did blow off into a very brown thing they called a river as i walked over a bridge.
Yet i got the hat back how good is that !!!!
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 12:43 pm
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

Hi

Cheers

Justin
you really need a minimum of 350000 -400000 to get anywhere decent in perth now the prices have soared and are soaring at the rate of a grand a week in some burbs if not more .we have sold here and are heading back to the uk and looking at rightmove website the housing in the south of england ie poole ,looks affordable now .perth is riding onthe back of the resources boom with china .I have looke on webbys for brizzy and it is far more affordable than perth when usually it is marginally more expensive so it could be a good time to buy in brizzy as there will be a correction at sometime but when is the million dollar question
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by sassenach
you really need a minimum of 350000 -400000 to get anywhere decent in perth now the prices have soared and are soaring at the rate of a grand a week in some burbs if not more .we have sold here and are heading back to the uk and looking at rightmove website the housing in the south of england ie poole ,looks affordable now .perth is riding onthe back of the resources boom with china .I have looke on webbys for brizzy and it is far more affordable than perth when usually it is marginally more expensive so it could be a good time to buy in brizzy as there will be a correction at sometime but when is the million dollar question
LOL I've just moved from that part of UK , now living in a 4x2 and loving it all for £30k less than my 2bed box with postage stamp lawn!
Our furniture we did bring that swamped the old house now looks tiny.
Have fun in Poole parts of it are realy very nice , just watch your step on the high street for dog poop !
Enjoy the trafficjams
Still bike night at the quay is good !
My bro is now paying £2k pluss a year in council tax in dorset , me $800 but we do have to pay to go to the dump ! All you will have to do is remember to take your council tax bill with you to prove you pay it at the dump in poole or no entry.
Awe i'm miss it so
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 1:45 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Very informative and helpful post. Good onya
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 2:43 pm
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Perthforme
LOL I've just moved from that part of UK , now living in a 4x2 and loving it all for £30k less than my 2bed box with postage stamp lawn!
Our furniture we did bring that swamped the old house now looks tiny.
Have fun in Poole parts of it are realy very nice , just watch your step on the high street for dog poop !
Enjoy the trafficjams
Still bike night at the quay is good !
My bro is now paying £2k pluss a year in council tax in dorset , me $800 but we do have to pay to go to the dump ! All you will have to do is remember to take your council tax bill with you to prove you pay it at the dump in poole or no entry.
Awe i'm miss it so
i suppose really it is what floats your boat really .I dare say a postage stamp house in poole ie A semi in heckford park would probably sell for about 190000 or 450000 dollars and true you arnt living in a huge house by australian standards but if you want the infrasrusture that say heck park has and the amenities close to hand youd be paying close to 600000- 700000 here for the likes of mt lawley ,inglewood and the 2k a year council x does depend on the size of house my mate pays 1300 pounds a year for his stamp in wallisdown ,but then he pays less on his mortgage because the rate is lower plus his water is nt metered ,oh and his road tax is cheaper and his car is cheaper but his insurance is dearer .I wouldnt call 200000 pounds dear to llive in the uk especially for what dorset has to offer compared to the faceless suburbs of the north and south of perth .This place is catching up quickly with the uk and when factoring slightly lower wages and interest rates there aint much in it ,i know i was there last year for six months and on a weekly basis i found the uk only marginally more expensive the only real piss off was fuel ,admitly rates are a nightmare there but its only a matter of time before it goes up here after all if the brits will pay it dont think the councils of west australia wont try and implement the same type of system here .Really its horses for courses just depends what you want .
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

Quokka will become famous soon enoughQuokka will become famous soon enough

i suppose really it is what floats your boat really .I dare say a postage stamp house in poole ie A semi in heckford park would probably sell for about 190000 or 450000 dollars and true you arnt living in a huge house by australian standards but if you want the infrasrusture that say heck park has and the amenities close to hand youd be paying close to 600000- 700000 here for the likes of mt lawley ,inglewood and the 2k a year council x does depend on the size of house my mate pays 1300 pounds a year for his stamp in wallisdown ,but then he pays less on his mortgage because the rate is lower plus his water is nt metered ,oh and his road tax is cheaper and his car is cheaper but his insurance is dearer .I wouldnt call 200000 pounds dear to llive in the uk especially for what dorset has to offer compared to the faceless suburbs of the north and south of perth .This place is catching up quickly with the uk and when factoring slightly lower wages and interest rates there aint much in it ,i know i was there last year for six months and on a weekly basis i found the uk only marginally more expensive the only real piss off was fuel ,admitly rates are a nightmare there but its only a matter of time before it goes up here after all if the brits will pay it dont think the councils of west australia wont try and implement the same type of system here .Really its horses for courses just depends what you want .
Nomination for the most incomprehensible post this year
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 4:17 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Quokka
Actually I understand the post quite well.
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 5:16 pm
Banned

What do you not understand ,is it that you may find it unbelievable that cost wise its as expensive to live in perth as it is to live in a 200000 pound house in poole .Unless you live out in the northern or southeren suburbs where the infrstructure isnt on par with any town in the uk .Bearing in mind 200000 is only 480000 dollars you only got to look on the net to see what and where youll get a house for 480 in perth these days and unless you are a first time buyer you will have a fair bit of stamp duty to pay on that too unlike the uk which i believe is only 1% up to 250000 pounds .There are a lot of debates on this forum in regards to cost of living in regards to the uk and aussie i can only compare perth to poole as they the places i am interested in .Most brits who migrate here want the dream of being close to the beach youd be struggling to get by the beach with 480000 unless you go woop woop .So beens this thread was supposed to be about perth and brizzy i would at the moment if i was anew migrant head for brizzy as it is more likely to offer the aussie dream than perth as perth is over priced .
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 5:27 pm
Banned

If I was a new migrant head for Brizzy as it is more likely to offer the Aussie dream than Perth as Perth is over priced .
Totally Agree
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 5:33 pm
Banned

Hmmm Judging by the name 'Quokka' ( a small marsupial that only exists on rottnest island off the coast of Perth) and that 'The Quokka" is a trading post magazing that is only published and distributed in Perth, I'd say we are dealing with either a genuine Perthite or else someone who for their own reasons feels compelled to 'stick up' for all things Perth so they feel like they really belong here.
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

jojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kiwichild
Hmmm Judging by the name 'Quokka' ( a small marsupial that only exists on rottnest island off the coast of Perth) and that 'The Quokka" is a trading post magazing that is only published and distributed in Perth, I'd say we are dealing with either a genuine Perthite or else someone who for their own reasons feels compelled to 'stick up' for all things Perth so they feel like they really belong here.
As opposed to those anti-perthites who use every God given opportunity to slate the place !!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.