Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Good news and BAD news!

Good news and BAD news!

Old Mar 1st 2006, 7:58 pm
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future
Default Good news and BAD news!

Good news is easy, we exchanged contracts on the house today! ...

Now the bad news ...

We have our dog vaccinated last Wednesday and the blood tests done on Monday. After the vaccination we sent the card to Golden Arrow and today I woke to a msg from them telling me to phone straight away!

I phoned them and they said the vaccination he's had is a general booster which includes the Lepto vaccination which a dog CANNOT have to go to Oz. When I took the dog to the vet for his jabs I asked for JUST the ones needed, but forgot to make it clear he CANNOT have this bloody Lepto jab, but he's now had a booster which includes this Lepto vaccination.

So current state of play is we're praying that the fact that the blood test was taken only a few days after it was given, it won't show, but if it does, then doggy cannot go to Oz for god knows how long ...

Doggy can't go, we don't go!

I am soooooooo gutted and feel like a right idiot for not making it so clear to the vet, and at the end of the day it's all my fault!

Gutted.

Gutted gutted gutted!
Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good news and BAD news!

Originally Posted by Paul&Nic

Now the bad news ...

We have our dog vaccinated last Wednesday and the blood tests done on Monday. After the vaccination we sent the card to Golden Arrow and today I woke to a msg from them telling me to phone straight away!

I phoned them and they said the vaccination he's had is a general booster which includes the Lepto vaccination which a dog CANNOT have to go to Oz. When I took the dog to the vet for his jabs I asked for JUST the ones needed, but forgot to make it clear he CANNOT have this bloody Lepto jab, but he's now had a booster which includes this Lepto vaccination.

So current state of play is we're praying that the fact that the blood test was taken only a few days after it was given, it won't show, but if it does, then doggy cannot go to Oz for god knows how long ...

I am soooooooo gutted and feel like a right idiot for not making it so clear to the vet, and at the end of the day it's all my fault!

Gutted.

Gutted gutted gutted!

Not much I can say hun. BUGGER IT
Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:02 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

I feel gutted for you Paul....what the hell are you going to do?...Have you got anyone that can take care of your dog for a while?

Congrats on the house though...
Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:05 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

oh sugar!

is there anyone that could babysit mutters until he can fly???

Now the bad news ...

Gutted.

Gutted gutted gutted!
Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute

Now the bad news ...

Gutted.

Gutted gutted gutted!
OH NO, thats just really rotten.
Hopefully it won't show up. Fingers X'd for you.
Lou
Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:18 pm
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

Now the bad news ...

Gutted.

Gutted gutted gutted!

PAUL !!!!!!
I am gutted for you mate, what can you do now ??? blimey you will need a good drink on Sunday !!
Jane xx
Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:23 pm
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
oh sugar!

is there anyone that could babysit mutters until he can fly???
I 'think' the shippers can kennel dogs till time to go, but with the vaccine only just gone in, I'm guessing it'll be months or even a year before he'll show negative ...

I've said all along if the dog can't come with us we simply won't go and it's all balancing on these blood tests now. Plus we're homeless on the 10th of March!

What a ***** I am!

Been looking into how to get my and the family to Oz for 2 years and could fall at a STUPID hurdle, and all down to me!

How I ever thought i'd do it, I obv couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery!

TWAT!
Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:24 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jane and Russ Middleton
PAUL !!!!!!
I am gutted for you mate, what can you do now ??? blimey you will need a good drink on Sunday !!
Jane xx
I've started already
Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:31 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I 'think' the shippers can kennel dogs till time to go, but with the vaccine only just gone in, I'm guessing it'll be months or even a year before he'll show negative ...

I've said all along if the dog can't come with us we simply won't go and it's all balancing on these blood tests now. Plus we're homeless on the 10th of March!

What a ***** I am!

Been looking into how to get my and the family to Oz for 2 years and could fall at a STUPID hurdle, and all down to me!

TWAT!

Paul, please dont get cross with me and this is coming from a veterinary nurse, if you shelve your plans for a year, with the fast pace that Aussie migration changes, you could well risk every chance, every dream you have of going there.

You know yourself how the system changes and this is your last chance, to do it and even then its a gamble.

I too am an animal lover but if we cant fund Gordons migration, then I am under no illusions that I will have to let my friend have him.

I have in my time working in the vets, sacraficed many an opportunity to better myself due to my animals. Pets I thought would be with me for 12 years or more, have had cancer and I lost them at 8 and 10 respectively.

I love my pets more than anything but am aware of their short lifespan for their species and have learned that my life is also short to give up on a long term goal.

Please dont think I am being heartless, but anything could happen to your dog at any point and you could live to regret risking your future and that of your family.

If you can find someone to foster your dog or a friend that might look after him/her, then you can begin your new life.

I dont know how long the lepto part lasts on a dog but it may or may not be as long as a year.

Its just I have seen you struggle to get where you are now with your visa and it would be a shame to make such a big decision on the basis that your dog needs to spend longer in the UK.

No offence meant with this post Paul, its just I feel I can be upfront with you on this one.

Sam
Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Paul, please dont get cross with me and this is coming from a veterinary nurse, if you shelve your plans for a year, with the fast pace that Aussie migration changes, you could well risk every chance, every dream you have of going there.

You know yourself how the system changes and this is your last chance, to do it and even then its a gamble.

I too am an animal lover but if we cant fund Gordons migration, then I am under no illusions that I will have to let my friend have him.

I have in my time working in the vets, sacraficed many an opportunity to better myself due to my animals. Pets I thought would be with me for 12 years or more, have had cancer and I lost them at 8 and 10 respectively.

I love my pets more than anything but am aware of their short lifespan for their species and have learned that my life is also short to give up on a long term goal.

Please dont think I am being heartless, but anything could happen to your dog at any point and you could live to regret risking your future and that of your family.

If you can find someone to foster your dog or a friend that might look after him/her, then you can begin your new life.

I dont know how long the lepto part lasts on a dog but it may or may not be as long as a year.

Its just I have seen you struggle to get where you are now with your visa and it would be a shame to make such a big decision on the basis that your dog needs to spend longer in the UK.

No offence meant with this post Paul, its just I feel I can be upfront with you on this one.

Sam
Sam,
That was a really lovely post.
Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:39 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Professional Princess

Sam
Thanks Sam, and yeah I hear what your saying. I've spent bloody hours on here trying to find a way as you know, but as I say we've said from the word go that if either the dog cannot go or the kids aint up for it, we simply won't do it!

He's 4 and a half, and will be with us for another 10 years if we're lucky. I know this is a small fraction of our lives if we too are lucky, but he IS every part of the family.

This is too emotional for me now and I have kids in the room, best go till they've gone to bed.

We'll sort it out, one way or another! ...

Cheers
Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:40 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Louise M
Sam,
Sam IS a 'keeper' ...
Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:42 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

What a ***** I am!

TWAT!
Stop beating on yerself, you may be right about it being too soon to have come up in the tests, even the flu jab we get at the doctors takes 4 days to take affect (so I,m told by my arm jabber) wait and see, my fingers are firmly crossed
Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:43 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Louise M
Sam,

I just know that pets are unpredictable and how hard Paul has worked to get where he is now.

He deserves to get there he really does.

I dont think its seen as abandoning his dog any more than putting it on a plane and putting it in quarantine is, the upshot of it would be is that he and his family would be settled and sorted when his dog arrived, thus eliminating the stress of the dog absorbing the emotions from the owners.

I suppose Ive learned a few things the past couple of months and one of them is life is too short not to grab your chances.
Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:45 pm

Sam IS a 'keeper' ...

Whats a 'keeper'? (getting worried there)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.