Processing Times

Old Feb 3rd 2006, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Processing Times

Hi All

I need to clarify a few things. I recently posted a table of processing times (from application to Case Officer/assessment). This was obtained by Emailing the Managers of the regions. I saw no problem with sharing this with this site as I thought it useful and also did not think it as privileged information.

DIMIA have received a complaint, presumably from a Registered Migration Agent, that my postings, and publication of an "official Table" implied that I may be receiving privileged information from ASPC. So, to set the record straight, any Migration Agent, or client for that matter, could have got the information that I posted, by contacting the ASPC direct. The ASPC would have preferred me not to release the table without a narrative on how it should be interpretted - which is fair enough, as they don't want clients following-up on cases when it looks like, from the table, that their Health and Character letter is one day overdue.

The ASPC was keen to point out that they do not wish to sensor information on processing times and are very keen to provide clients and agents with better general information with regard processing times etc for General Skilled
Migration Applications. To this end, they have been working on developing a
tool to put on the Immigration website that provides updated information as
to where applications are up to. This would be available online to all
applicants and all agents.

My publishing of the table has highlighted the discrepancies of processing times accross the regions and may have exagerated this a bit. The ASPC is trying to get the allocations for each of the regions at roughly the same date so that we can provide an overall date range for the caseload as whole (distinguishing between priority and non priority) rather than on a region by region basis.

ASPC expect that this information will be available on the website
in approximately two months. When there is an overall date range for Priority and Non-Priority cases, it will be expected that no clients or Agents should follow-up on cases until they were at least 2 weeks outside the time-scales.

So there you have it, I'm a bit peeved that somebody felt the need to complain to the ASPC. I'm sure that whoever it was, will also now have been briefed on the above initiatives, in much more detail and will maybe share this info with the site.

Tony
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 8:44 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Processing Times

Originally Posted by welshtony
Hi All

I need to clarify a few things. I recently posted a table of processing times (from application to Case Officer/assessment). This was obtained by Emailing the Managers of the regions. I saw no problem with sharing this with this site as I thought it useful and also did not think it as privileged information.

DIMIA have received a complaint, presumably from a Registered Migration Agent, that my postings, and publication of an "official Table" implied that I may be receiving privileged information from ASPC. So, to set the record straight, any Migration Agent, or client for that matter, could have got the information that I posted, by contacting the ASPC direct. The ASPC would have preferred me not to release the table without a narrative on how it should be interpretted - which is fair enough, as they don't want clients following-up on cases when it looks like, from the table, that their Health and Character letter is one day overdue.

The ASPC was keen to point out that they do not wish to sensor information on processing times and are very keen to provide clients and agents with better general information with regard processing times etc for General Skilled

My publishing of the table has highlighted the discrepancies of processing times accross the regions and may have exagerated this a bit. The ASPC is trying to get the allocations for each of the regions at roughly the same date so that we can provide an overall date range for the caseload as whole (distinguishing between priority and non priority) rather than on a region by region basis.

in approximately two months. When there is an overall date range for Priority and Non-Priority cases, it will be expected that no clients or Agents should follow-up on cases until they were at least 2 weeks outside the time-scales.

So there you have it, I'm a bit peeved that somebody felt the need to complain to the ASPC. I'm sure that whoever it was, will also now have been briefed on the above initiatives, in much more detail and will maybe share this info with the site.

Tony

big brother is watching you then tony??!!!

thanks for the information anyway. sorry it landed you in hot water. seems sad that somebody 'reported' you for doing this. i will keep the rest of my thoughts to myself, methinks.

xx
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 9:00 am
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

Hi All

Tony
There are too many 'dobbers' in this world Tony. That table helped numerous people on this forum.. it just puts your mind at rest (a little anyway)...So i for one would like to thank you for helping us try and understand processing times etc etc! And sorry you got in trouble.. i'm sure whoever dobbed you in will contact you and apologise...
Sonic x
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 9:02 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SonicBird
There are too many 'dobbers' in this world Tony. That table helped numerous people on this forum.. it just puts your mind at rest (a little anyway)...So i for one would like to thank you for helping us try and understand processing times etc etc! And sorry you got in trouble.. i'm sure whoever dobbed you in will contact you and apologise...
Sonic x
probably not sonic...........
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

greenpeas is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

Tony
Hi Tony,
Ah Yes nothing in the life is for Free!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to find and publish the information. It did indeed reduce some of the stress I am feeling. I imagine the only ones would would really have been impacted were the ASPC and some agents, as I imagine they would have been hit with increased inquiries. I for one took it as a rough unofficial guide and appreciate that there will be differences in processing times give or take a few weeks.

So Thanks, GreenPeas
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SonicBird
Sonic x
I think there is already a good outcome from it in that it has engaged the ASPC on the subject of processing times and it lets them know that we are all now aware of the inequities of the 5 processing teams - this should mean that the discrepancies will be sorted sooner than they might have been.

Tony
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Alison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond repute

I think there is already a good outcome from it in that it has engaged the ASPC on the subject of processing times and it lets them know that we are all now aware of the inequities of the 5 processing teams - this should mean that the discrepancies will be sorted sooner than they might have been.

Tony
Tony

Its sad that this person had to do this.
Most people on here are grateful for the info and yo said they too could have accessed this information and shared it with their clients.
You always said it wasn't 100% accurate.
Here's hoping that ASPC get their act together.

Thanks for helping us stay sane.

Ali
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

mattvicki has a spectacular aura aboutmattvicki has a spectacular aura aboutmattvicki has a spectacular aura about
Cool Re: Processing Times

Tony
We Love U WelsyTony.....you're Fair Dinkum

Matt & Vicki
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 9:19 am
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
probably not sonic...........
no probably not SB but I live in hope!!!!
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 9:24 am
Account Closed

icequeen1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Tony, mate, so sorry to hear about that!!

I wanna say big thanks for all the info you have provided on this site, very grateful for that and appreciate all your efforts!

cheers,
Marina
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 10:32 am
Lovin it!!!!!!!!!

somedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to all

Tony

i think you'll find Tony, another good outcome is how outraged people will be to see that someone is so mean.

how ridiculous that someone has a beef when clearly all you are doing is helping an awful lot of anxious people

i hope you take no notice of them, and keep flying the flag for us BE ers. the sort of information you provide makes this process alot more tolerable!!!!!!!!!!

Paulaxx
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 10:37 am

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

Tony

well i think whoever did it has a very small mind!!!

what a shame that they have spoilt it for everyone else now!!!

i would be VERY dissapointed to learn that it was a registered migration agents......................what are they going to achieve by NOT telling the very people that pay their wages!!!

This is what is all so very wrong with all of this, we are paying for a service with dimia and for those that are using an agent, why should we be held over a barrell! and frightened to contact dimia in case they dont grant us a visa, or create probelms for us................

who did this???

it is a very childish thing to do in my opinion, but as i said who are we??? ..........................

tony i am very sorry to hear this and sorry you have got into this silly game someone is playing....................i for one am very greatful for any info that you share with us, and take it all in good faith, that this is what you have been told..............

thanks tony

mandxx

Last edited by amanda76; Feb 3rd 2006 at 10:39 am.
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 10:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

OMG what a Small minded person.

well all I can say is that this would not have needed to be published if the operators on the DIMIA telephone line would tell people the truth about where they are up to with their Visa applications.

Some sort of communication is all it takes for things like this not to happen. I do hope the DIMIA read this web site and see how much stress applicants and their families are under day after day whilst there is no current information to read.

I do hope this system changes in the future for people who wish to apply for migration to Australia.

Tony, you have been very helpful on this site and may you go on to be as helpful in the future.

A big thank you to you for any information you have provided us with.

big hugs and best regards

Lace xx xxxx
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

STEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lacey21
OMG what a Small minded person.

well all I can say is that this would not have needed to be published if the operators on the DIMIA telephone line would tell people the truth about where they are up to with their Visa applications.

Some sort of communication is all it takes for things like this not to happen. I do hope the DIMIA read this web site and see how much stress applicants and their families are under day after day whilst there is no current information to read.

I do hope this system changes in the future for people who wish to apply for migration to Australia.

Tony, you have been very helpful on this site and may you go on to be as helpful in the future.

A big thank you to you for any information you have provided us with.

big hugs and best regards

Lace xx xxxx

I agree, with Lacy and would like to thank you for the help you given myself and others on this site .I think we would have gone mad without this help .
Tankyou Tony
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

mrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nice

Originally Posted by STEVE&TERRI
I agree, with Lacy and would like to thank you for the help you given myself and others on this site .I think we would have gone mad without this help .
Tankyou Tony
i cant believe tony has been reported for this,we have all benefited from that table and found the info really valuable in our long wait,maybe its true tony you have brought to light the vast difference in timescales within the 5 regions,so look at this as a good thing in the long run you have helped anyone in the future who is trying to migrate to receive the same priority as anyone else in their line of work regardless of which region they have been put in through no choice of their own,a big thanks from mrs i. for all your free advice tony,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.