Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

[Subclass 138] 47sk & other visa app submitting questions

[Subclass 138] 47sk & other visa app submitting questions

Old Jan 19th 2006, 9:05 am
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb [Subclass 138] 47sk & other visa app submitting questions

I am the main applicant, but my spouse is claiming the points for the basic requirements. On the 47sk I am planning on leaving questions 54-60 blank, and putting a note on the covering letter with the application - advising this.

As such, in Part H, would I still complete questions 60 - 64? or are my qualifications/work experience/english ability and age not required on the 47sk form?

With regards to the 138 Documents checklist:
Would I include MY cv, work reference etc, in schedule 2 part c) evidence of specific work experience. I was planning on putting my spouses work ref etc in part d) like the checklist advises.

Also - in Schedule 1 part c) on the checklist it asks for the satisfactory skills assessment, so do I include my spouse's skills assessment there, or would I put it in Schedule 2 part d) - evidence of spouse skills.

Certified copies of non-blank passport pages, where do you place these within the visa application?

Many many thanks in advance for any help you can give me : )
Old Jan 19th 2006, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [Subclass 138] 47sk & other visa app submitting questions

Originally Posted by Claire&Richard
I am the main applicant, but my spouse is claiming the points for the basic requirements. On the 47sk I am planning on leaving questions 54-60 blank, and putting a note on the covering letter with the application - advising this.

As such, in Part H, would I still complete questions 60 - 64? or are my qualifications/work experience/english ability and age not required on the 47sk form?

With regards to the 138 Documents checklist:
Would I include MY cv, work reference etc, in schedule 2 part c) evidence of specific work experience. I was planning on putting my spouses work ref etc in part d) like the checklist advises.

Also - in Schedule 1 part c) on the checklist it asks for the satisfactory skills assessment, so do I include my spouse's skills assessment there, or would I put it in Schedule 2 part d) - evidence of spouse skills.

Certified copies of non-blank passport pages, where do you place these within the visa application?

Many many thanks in advance for any help you can give me : )
Hi Claire and Richard

You either fill out Q54 to Q61, if you were the main applicant or Q64 to Q71 if you are using your spouse's score to meet the pass-mark. Your spouse's skills assessment relates to 1c (2d is if you were claiming an extra 5 points for your spouse's skills and you were using your skills).

I'm sure a lot of Agents will do this their own way but here is the order that the ASPC requested before the checklists were published: - from the top down would be:

1Check Sheet
2covering letter
3Form 80(s)
4details pages of passports and any non-blank pages
5updated work references, pay slips, qualifications in addition to those already copied and certified in 7 below
6Original Skills Assessment
7Certified copies of all papers sent to the skills assessing body (just plain photocopy of the skills application form)
8 full birth certs for all visa applicants
9family tree showing relationship to sponsor
10 full birth certs, marriage certs and any other documents required to evidence the relationship to sponsor
11 Form 40
12 certified copy of proof of Australian Citizenship/residence of Sponsor
13Form 47SK

You then folio from the bottom up so that page 32 of form 47SK is folio 1. This seems to confusew a lot of applicants who want to folio from the top down. This is no good to DIMIA as the way the pages are placed on files, subsequent folios are put on top and numbered accordingly. To Folio the other way would mean that all pages need to be taken off the file just to add any other pages to the file.

Regards

Tony
Old Jan 19th 2006, 10:20 am
C&R

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you very much Tony! : )
Old Jan 19th 2006, 8:30 pm
Sharks out of the Pool

mick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: [Subclass 138] 47sk & other visa app submitting questions

Originally Posted by welshtony
Hi Claire and Richard

You either fill out Q54 to Q61, if you were the main applicant or Q64 to Q71 if you are using your spouse's score to meet the pass-mark. Your spouse's skills assessment relates to 1c (2d is if you were claiming an extra 5 points for your spouse's skills and you were using your skills).

I'm sure a lot of Agents will do this their own way but here is the order that the ASPC requested before the checklists were published: - from the top down would be:

1Check Sheet
2covering letter
3Form 80(s)
4details pages of passports and any non-blank pages
5updated work references, pay slips, qualifications in addition to those already copied and certified in 7 below
6Original Skills Assessment
7Certified copies of all papers sent to the skills assessing body (just plain photocopy of the skills application form)
8 full birth certs for all visa applicants
9family tree showing relationship to sponsor
10 full birth certs, marriage certs and any other documents required to evidence the relationship to sponsor
11 Form 40
12 certified copy of proof of Australian Citizenship/residence of Sponsor
13Form 47SK

You then folio from the bottom up so that page 32 of form 47SK is folio 1. This seems to confusew a lot of applicants who want to folio from the top down. This is no good to DIMIA as the way the pages are placed on files, subsequent folios are put on top and numbered accordingly. To Folio the other way would mean that all pages need to be taken off the file just to add any other pages to the file.

Regards

Tony
COmpetely messed that one up then (sent it off Wednesday) - have it in order of how they asked for it - will this make a difference Tony - providing all the information that they asked for is there ?
Old Jan 19th 2006, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mick_newcastle
COmpetely messed that one up then (sent it off Wednesday) - have it in order of how they asked for it - will this make a difference Tony - providing all the information that they asked for is there ?
No big deal really which order everything is in as long as you have the threshold documents somewhere. Even if the folio nos are back to front, OK they have to renumber every sheet but it's no big deal.

Tony
Old Jan 20th 2006, 12:38 am
C&R

So, just to confirm. We are using my bf's work experience and positive skills assessment to meet the points requirements, so that means, no-where in the application do I need to provide my CV or work experience? that seems a bit odd to me. ? I have a wicked reference too...

also, on the 138 checklist, 'schedule 2 - part c) Evidence of specific work experience' - that is where I would put my bf's work ref & work history, right?
Old Jan 20th 2006, 12:41 am
C&R

Also Tony - you mention about numbering the 47sk as a folio number - do you number every single page in the 47sk form then? I was going to just going to number the form once, just on the top page, if you can understand that.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 12:51 am
BE Forum Addict

So, just to confirm. We are using my bf's work experience and positive skills assessment to meet the points requirements, so that means, no-where in the application do I need to provide my CV or work experience? that seems a bit odd to me. ? I have a wicked reference too...

also, on the 138 checklist, 'schedule 2 - part c) Evidence of specific work experience' - that is where I would put my bf's work ref & work history, right?
You could fill out Q62 and Q63 of Part H for your quals and experience - not essential but I get clients in your situation to complete these two questions - but no reference required for you and no proof of qualifications. Yes, 2c is BF work reference.

Regards

Tony
Old Jan 20th 2006, 12:52 am
C&R

Originally Posted by welshtony
You could fill out Q62 and Q63 of Part H for your quals and experience - not essential but I get clients in your situation to complete these two questions - but no reference required for you and no proof of qualifications. Yes, 2c is BF work reference.

Regards

Tony
Thanks Tony, much appreciated
Old Jan 20th 2006, 12:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Also Tony - you mention about numbering the 47sk as a folio number - do you number every single page in the 47sk form then? I was going to just going to number the form once, just on the top page, if you can understand that.
Number every page of the 47SK - if double sided printing, just folio the top of each page, so the 32 pages of the Form 47SK would then only have 16 folios in stead of 32 as for single side printed forms.

Tony