Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

family class spouse wait times???

family class spouse wait times???

Old Jan 13th 2006, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

MrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud of
Default family class spouse wait times???

Misissauga recieved our application in November 2005 and it is 'in process'. My Calgarian wife's sponsoring me for PR status through London office - can anyone give us a realistic clue as to how long it takes to process at the moment. I'm not sure I trust the CIC timetable examples. We hope to fly out in June/July? Anyone been down this route have any advice?
Old Jan 13th 2006, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: family class spouse wait times???

Mississauga received our spousal application on October 24th, and it's been in process since November 24th...no movement yet. Some people report turnarounds at Mississauga within a week, but that's certainly not been our experience. So far we're at 51 days and counting, when our date came up on the CIC website it quoted 39 days. We think there may be a minor issue with our application (missed out the photo with details written on the back), but have received no contact from them whatsoever, so who knows for sure?
Old Jan 13th 2006, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

nickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by greenbwoy
Misissauga recieved our application in November 2005 and it is 'in process'. My Calgarian wife's sponsoring me for PR status through London office - can anyone give us a realistic clue as to how long it takes to process at the moment. I'm not sure I trust the CIC timetable examples. We hope to fly out in June/July? Anyone been down this route have any advice?
hey my husband has just received his visa via London we found the time lines on the CIC web site were a little generous we had all ours done in about 5mths and that was with an application returned. have a look at our time line good luck it won't be long.
Old Jan 13th 2006, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

MrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud of

I can only hope our application begins to make that sort of progress!!! We're about to put the house on the market and we're due to move into/start paying fees for our new condo in Calgary in July/August so we have to be there by then! Not quite time to panic yet I suppose.
Old Jan 13th 2006, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

nickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the rough

I can only hope our application begins to make that sort of progress!!! We're about to put the house on the market and we're due to move into/start paying fees for our new condo in Calgary in July/August so we have to be there by then! Not quite time to panic yet I suppose.
hey i would lay hard cash down that you will be there by July/ Aug no really we are the lucky ones as long as it's a normal case and no funny stuff it's very straight forward, it's the skilled workers i feel sorry for 3-4 years those poor sod have to wait :scared:
Old Jan 13th 2006, 3:53 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

I too am Calgarian and my husband British. I have sponsored him. We sent application off to Misissauga in June 2005, (end of) London started processing on 29th July. He received his visa October 2005 and landed December 17th when we visited for christmas. All we have to do now is pluck up the courage to go and at 57 and 65 its quite scary to start a new life but it might just keep the old tickers going longer!! :scared:
Old Jan 13th 2006, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by woodmanbg
All we have to do now is pluck up the courage to go and at 57 and 65 its quite scary to start a new life but it might just keep the old tickers going longer!! :scared:
I know how you feel....We're only 30 and 28 and the reality of it's just starting to kick in properly now. We keep getting the odd surge of adrenalin from time to time, but it's more excitement and anticipation...although I'm sure that will soon change to fear once we sell our house and buy our plane tickets!!!

You only live once though and life's not worth the living without some adventure!
Old Jan 13th 2006, 4:05 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

I know how you feel....We're only 30 and 28 and the reality of it's just starting to kick in properly now. We keep getting the odd surge of adrenalin from time to time, but it's more excitement and anticipation...although I'm sure that will soon change to fear once we sell our house and buy our plane tickets!!!

You only live once though and life's not worth the living without some adventure!
Yes that is what I told my husband, I am ready for an adventure. Travel insurance for my husband starts to get expensive. Our 16 year old is looking forward to it (at the moment) but our 18 year old now at Uni wants to finish her education here so thats a bit of a downer but still she could leave home at any time. Hope your decision is the right one and that all goes well, I am sure it will, good luck.
Old Jan 13th 2006, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

AnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really nice

I sponsored my husband and it took 6 months for the application to be processed and approved. So it looks like 5-6 months is about the standard timeline.
Old Jan 13th 2006, 5:47 pm
steven

stevenkilleen is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with the sentiments here. My Canadian wife sponsored me - the whole process from start to finish was round 6 months (providing you make no mistakes with your paperwork, and it helps to pay the fee in total).

Good Luck, and keep the faith.
Old Jan 13th 2006, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenkilleen
I agree with the sentiments here. My Canadian wife sponsored me - the whole process from start to finish was round 6 months (providing you make no mistakes with your paperwork, and it helps to pay the fee in total).

Good Luck, and keep the faith.
I recieved my AOR from London about 2 weeks ago and they say 6 months, I had a fast turnaround at Mississauga 31 days from sending it to decision. I only hope theres no hickups at London end.
Id bet you will be here within July!
Old Jan 13th 2006, 5:59 pm
pkc
Forum Regular

pkc will become famous soon enough

The processing time is usually pretty short, but my sponsorship of my husband took 9 months b/c of needing overseas police clearances (he had lived in several countries long enough to need to provide these). Very frustrating and annoying but I can only say thank heavens we lived in China for slightly less than the 6 month limit or who knows how long it would have been
Old Jan 14th 2006, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the replies everyone. I can't see any problems arising really, but then again we did do the applications ourselves, so you're never 100 per cent confident; even though we spent months on end agonising over it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and will be happy to have it complete in 6 months...just in time to get there for our first Stampede too! Although I may have just tempted fate.
Old Jan 14th 2006, 10:27 am
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all
Smile Re: family class spouse wait times???

Hi,
I'm a Canadian living in the UK and am sponsoring my husband for permanent residency in Canada. Our lawyers filed our application in Mississauga on 7th Nov 2005. As its now almost 70 days, has anyone experienced such a long wait, as our lawyers initially said it shouldn't take more than 4 weeks.
Cheers
Kelly

Last edited by kellydrew; Jan 14th 2006 at 11:24 am.
Old Jan 14th 2006, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kellydrew
Hi,
I'm a Canadian living in the UK and am sponsoring my husband for permanent residency in Canada. Our lawyers filed our application in Mississauga on 7th Nov 2005. As its now almost 70 days, has anyone experienced such a long wait, as our lawyers initially said it shouldn't take more than 4 weeks.
Cheers
Kelly
Holy cow thats a long time! you havent heard anything from them at all? has your lawyer contacted them and asked why?

Are you sure your lawyer filed it when he said he would? that does seem an awfully long time without them sending ti back with changes or anything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.