Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Calling CIC from outside of Canada

Calling CIC from outside of Canada

Old Jan 6th 2006, 6:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold
Default Calling CIC from outside of Canada

We just found a number to call the CIC Call Center from outside of Canada. Unfortunately it wasn't good news for us, they said that the application was missing a photo (which we knew about, we sent the photo about a week after we sent the application in the hope that they'd tie them up...seems not!), and we should have received a letter. I said we'd received no communication, so she said that it has been put in review, meaning there's something else that they need to look into, but that it should take a maximum of 4 months...in other words it may not be out of Mississauga until March 24th. Bugger. Screws up our whole time plans.

Anyway, the bit that you all care about...to dial the CIC from outside the UK, you dial:
+613 944 4000

Listen to the options, I believe it's "press 1 for english", then "press 2 for immigration". Since we didn't have a client number I had to press 0 until I got an operator.

Anyway...good luck to anyone else who phones!
Old Jan 6th 2006, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calling CIC from outside of Canada

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
We just found a number to call the CIC Call Center from outside of Canada. Unfortunately it wasn't good news for us, they said that the application was missing a photo (which we knew about, we sent the photo about a week after we sent the application in the hope that they'd tie them up...seems not!), and we should have received a letter. I said we'd received no communication, so she said that it has been put in review, meaning there's something else that they need to look into, but that it should take a maximum of 4 months...in other words it may not be out of Mississauga until March 24th. Bugger. Screws up our whole time plans.

Anyway, the bit that you all care about...to dial the CIC from outside the UK, you dial:
+613 944 4000

Listen to the options, I believe it's "press 1 for english", then "press 2 for immigration". Since we didn't have a client number I had to press 0 until I got an operator.

IM sorry to hear that I hope tht it goes through nice and quick for you? can you think of any reason why it would be held up?
Old Jan 6th 2006, 7:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Oh man I remember you saying about the photo, I'm sorry it didn't work out with matching it up. Did they give you any clue about what a review is about?

Hope you hear something positive soon.
Old Jan 6th 2006, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

We've decided to tackle this as proactively as we can...the woman on the phone (very pleasant French-Canadian woman who kept calling me "Madame") had no record of us mailing the photo on her system, but it also didn't say that that was the reason it was being held up. There was a note to say it was missing, but that was it. She was surprised that we did not receive a letter requesting the photo (apparently for something that minor they don't return the whole application).

So...one thing I did get out of the conversation was our client number, which we didn't have before (we've had no contact from CIC at all, I've been using our fee receipt number on e-cas). Because my hubby and I are quite paranoid people, we worked out he needed 13 photos, so he had 16 taken! We sent one of the copies with the letter that apparently never got to the right person, so tonight we've taken another photo, put the details on the back, including a letter detailing our client number, and we'll be mailing it in the morning in the fastest possible manner. Hopefully this will be enough to clear it up and bump it from "in review" to "approved".

It's entirely possible that there is a letter out there in the ether somewhere, our post has a habit of disappearing before it reaches us, particularly if it's DVD shaped or looks important ( )
Old Jan 7th 2006, 12:04 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

+613 944 4000
!
That doesn't look right - if you dial +61 3 it will route to Melbourne, Australia.

Are you sure it's not +1 613 ... (ie including 1 which is Canada's country code).

Jeremy
Old Jan 7th 2006, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JAJ
That doesn't look right - if you dial +61 3 it will route to Melbourne, Australia.

Are you sure it's not +1 613 ... (ie including 1 which is Canada's country code).

Jeremy
Yes, you're right, I'll amend the original post

Edit: darn...can't edit it anymore. Yes, the number is +1 613!!
Old Jan 7th 2006, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

nickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the rough

+613 944 4000

hey, i wouldn't worry to much, as if you remember our application being sent back? well the letter with that said it could take up to 4mths till we heard any thing after returning it, and it didn't it took two weeks i think they have to give you that information just to cover them selves. i do hope it all works out for you guys and you don't have to many sleepless nights.