Assurer

Old Dec 16th 2005, 4:47 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute
Default Assurer

I have done a search on the forum to no avail, can someone tell me the income threshold that is required to sponsor 1 person please?

I am in a bit of a panic.I have two assurers as there are three of us (dependant 18yr old) and have just been told that one of them have rung centrelink and their income isnt high enough.

I would like some direction as to find out what their income needs to be. I have searched DIMIA and centrelink but its doesnt give actual amounts (that I can find)

If someone can direct me??? Cheers
Old Dec 16th 2005, 5:52 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Assurer

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
I have done a search on the forum to no avail, can someone tell me the income threshold that is required to sponsor 1 person please?

I am in a bit of a panic.I have two assurers as there are three of us (dependant 18yr old) and have just been told that one of them have rung centrelink and their income isnt high enough.

I would like some direction as to find out what their income needs to be. I have searched DIMIA and centrelink but its doesnt give actual amounts (that I can find)

Hi Cath,

Try http://www.facs.gov.au/guide/ssguide/94370.htm - the calculations are more difficult with a multiplicity of assurers but I think it's self-explanatory.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Dec 16th 2005, 6:25 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi Cath,

Try http://www.facs.gov.au/guide/ssguide/94370.htm - the calculations are more difficult with a multiplicity of assurers but I think it's self-explanatory.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Hi George,

I read that that earlier this morning,Cheers though George.

I could do with a cut and dry situation, this is how much it is blah blah.

eg:

Assurer 1: covers myself, hubby and 2 kids - income level:?
Assurer 2: covers dependant 18yr old - income level: ?

I have the bond sorted no problem, I am sending that over for whoever assures us to pay to centrelink. Its just this part which is confusing. As the dependant 18year old (I am told) is assessessed as an independant part of the form. We have to pay full wack bond - $3500 for him. Which I was shocked about as I thought it would be $1500 as he was an additional adult on our app. But hey ho, no.

Could you or anyone give me straight forward answers to the above?
Old Dec 16th 2005, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Hi George,

eg:

I have the bond sorted no problem, I am sending that over for whoever assures us to pay to centrelink. Its just this part which is confusing. As the dependant 18year old (I am told) is assessessed as an independant part of the form. We have to pay full wack bond - $3500 for him. Which I was shocked about as I thought it would be $1500 as he was an additional adult on our app. But hey ho, no.

Hi Cath

You would need to give the details of both assurers to get an exact answer - how many children do they have and how old are they - does their spouse work or would the spouse be considered a dependent spouse ?

Bond is A$3,500 for main applicant only, A$1500 for every other person aged 18 or over included in the application - so bond totals A$6,500

Regards

Tony
Old Dec 16th 2005, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

brian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the rough

As Tony points out it is not as simple as you want it to be. Without complete information about both your family as well as complete information about both your assurer's families you cannot make an exact calculation. This is because the income level requirement changes based on both the number of people being assured as well as the number of dependents in the assurer's own family. That's why the examples on the web page George pointed to are a bit misleading as they only deal with assurer's without dependents.

My suggestion would be to try and work this out yourself using the information on the web page. According to an old AoS factsheet I have the base income level quoted covers the following (quote from the fact sheet - I have attached it to my post, but it's old, so take it with a grain of salt as it may be out of date and inaccurate in some aspects):

These amounts include the first child of the assurer
and are sufficient to provide an assurance for one
assuree.

So, the $32,485 would cover one assuree and one child of the assurer. If the assurer has a dependent wife as well as 2 dependent children the amount would go up by $2500 for the wife and $1250 for the second child not covered in the base amount, leading to a required income level of $36,235. You would then have to add in any additional amounts for more assuree's. In your case for the main part of your family you would need to add another $2500 for the second adult as well as amother $2500 for your 2 children. This would bring the total income level required up to $41,235.

Also, remember that this $41,235 would have to be "taxable" income, not gross income. Salary packaging and pre-tax deductions will reduce your assurer's taxable income and may push them below the required level. They need to prove a taxable income level by showing CentreLink tax receipts for the past 2 years.

Hope that helps!
Brian

Hi George,

eg:

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
AOS_Fact_Sheet_CentreLink.pdf (133.7 KB, 1385 views)

Last edited by brian0; Dec 16th 2005 at 1:45 pm. Reason: Added AoS Fact Sheet
Old Dec 17th 2005, 6:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by welshtony
Hi Cath

You would need to give the details of both assurers to get an exact answer - how many children do they have and how old are they - does their spouse work or would the spouse be considered a dependent spouse ?

Bond is A$3,500 for main applicant only, A$1500 for every other person aged 18 or over included in the application - so bond totals A$6,500

Regards

Tony
Tony, I will need to check out what your saying I think, as that was my impression too, until the lady dealing with my information building with the agent I use told me that its $3500 for dependant 18yr old as he is assessed independantly.I voiced my shock to her at the time and said what you had said to her previously, for her to tell me I was wrong.

Thank you for that it was something that was niggling me.

BrianO,

My main assurer has no dependant children and there is just him(uncle) and my auntie. That one seems straight forward I presume??

Also you mention about taxable income. I thought it would have been the 'gross' income, does it not work the same as in the uk?? where the gross income is the taxable income??

I also get the impression that I am to include my 18yr old as part of the 'total' of both assurers income and not as I listed above of assurer 1 and assurer 2, basically as two seperate entities, again as the lady who was putting our paperwork together stated.

I think I will have to double check this out with our main agent rather than the lady who builds our app.

What I will do now is use that link Brian0 and work it out as me being the main person with my husband and three kids, rather than working it out as husband, two kids and a dependant son.

Glad I am onto this part now though whilst we have time, wow wee!!!
Old Dec 17th 2005, 6:47 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Tony, I will need to check out what your saying I think, as that was my impression too, until the lady dealing with my information building with the agent I use told me that its $3500 for dependant 18yr old as he is assessed independantly.I voiced my shock to her at the time and said what you had said to her previously, for her to tell me I was wrong.

BrianO,

My main assurer has no dependant children and there is just him(uncle) and my auntie. That one seems straight forward I presume??

Also you mention about taxable income. I thought it would have been the 'gross' income, does it not work the same as in the uk?? where the gross income is the taxable income??

I also get the impression that I am to include my 18yr old as part of the 'total' of both assurers income and not as I listed above of assurer 1 and assurer 2, basically as two seperate entities, again as the lady who was putting our paperwork together stated.

I think I will have to double check this out with our main agent rather than the lady who builds our app.

What I will do now is use that link Brian0 and work it out as me being the main person with my husband and three kids, rather than working it out as husband, two kids and a dependant son.

Hi Cath,

An assurer can only assure two adults at any one time, that's why you need a separate assurance for your oldest son. Best to call the Centrelink advice line to get it all clear - the change took a lot of people, including agents, by surprise last year although it had been mentioned in the previous year's budget papers, and given that initially Centrelink wouldn't even talk to migration agents there has been some confusion. But the information on their website is pretty helpful if you're patient with it.

"Taxable income" is gross income less allowable deductions under the Income Tax legislation here.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Old Dec 17th 2005, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi Cath,

An assurer can only assure two adults at any one time, that's why you need a separate assurance for your oldest son. Best to call the Centrelink advice line to get it all clear - the change took a lot of people, including agents, by surprise last year although it had been mentioned in the previous year's budget papers, and given that initially Centrelink wouldn't even talk to migration agents there has been some confusion. But the information on their website is pretty helpful if you're patient with it.

"Taxable income" is gross income less allowable deductions under the Income Tax legislation here.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Thats clearer...and makes sense now. cheers, will ring centrelink tomorrow night.(uk time)
Old Dec 17th 2005, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

BrianO,

Hi Cath

Centrelinks own AOS form clearly states that it is A$3,500 for the main applicant plus A$1,500 for each other person aged 18 or over included in the application.

So although they may assess your 18 year old independently, he should still only carry a A$1,500 bond. If he is assessed independently, then I would calculate the level of taxable income for Assurer 1 as:

Base including main visa applicant - A$32485
Plus spouse of visa applicant d - A$2,500
Plus for your 2 children U18 - A$2,500

It is possible this could increase by A$2,500 if they include your adult dependent child and also A$2,500 if your aunt is not earning and they count her as an adult dependent of yoru uncle - so you are looking at a minimum of A$37,485 and a maximum of A$42,485.

I do not have any details of your second assurer's circumstances but I'm sure you can work out the range that the required taxable income will be.

Regards

Tony
Old Dec 18th 2005, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wink Re: Assurer

Originally Posted by welshtony
Hi Cath

Centrelinks own AOS form clearly states that it is A$3,500 for the main applicant plus A$1,500 for each other person aged 18 or over included in the application.

So although they may assess your 18 year old independently, he should still only carry a A$1,500 bond. If he is assessed independently, then I would calculate the level of taxable income for Assurer 1 as:

Base including main visa applicant - A$32485
Plus spouse of visa applicant d - A$2,500
Plus for your 2 children U18 - A$2,500

It is possible this could increase by A$2,500 if they include your adult dependent child and also A$2,500 if your aunt is not earning and they count her as an adult dependent of yoru uncle - so you are looking at a minimum of A$37,485 and a maximum of A$42,485.

I do not have any details of your second assurer's circumstances but I'm sure you can work out the range that the required taxable income will be.

Regards

Tony
Cheers Tony. thats superb, just to have some direction which is along the lines of how I was thinking. My second assurer my be auntie (if she agrees). I am just waiting for a reply. She lives with her partner and again she has no dependant children.

But she sponsored/assured her partner 2years ago, is there a time restraint as to when the last time they assured anyone has to be up.

As its for our dependant son would her income have to be in a similar range as to assurer number 1 or would their incomes be combined ie assurer 1 and 2??

I have been through another 5 of my cousins and a different uncle to find out if they could help but cant due to the previous years tax as my cousins are only in their early 20's and havent got the right sort of employment experience which is required..

I know it doesnt have to be a family member but am going through them first.

Just waiting for centrelink to open to give them a bell. x

Thank again Tony

All this help has been valuable off you all and is appreciated.
Old Dec 18th 2005, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

WESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud of

Phoning Centrelink does not guarantee that you will be given correct information. Centrelink used to require that multiple assures each present the Original DIMIA AoS invitation letter, which was not easy when one prospective assurer was in Perth and the other one was in Tasmania. Centrelink have relaxed this requirement. If possible it is a good idea for all prospective assurers to attend Centrelink together. Their incomes are added in the obvious way.
In our experience there is only one person in Centrelink who gets it right every time. I will not post her name and contact details here, but if you want this information email: [email protected].

Best wishes
Westly Russell
Old Dec 18th 2005, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by WESTLY
Phoning Centrelink does not guarantee that you will be given correct information. Centrelink used to require that multiple assures each present the Original DIMIA AoS invitation letter, which was not easy when one prospective assurer was in Perth and the other one was in Tasmania. Centrelink have relaxed this requirement. If possible it is a good idea for all prospective assurers to attend Centrelink together. Their incomes are added in the obvious way.
In our experience there is only one person in Centrelink who gets it right every time. I will not post her name and contact details here, but if you want this information email: [email protected].

Best wishes
Westly Russell
Cheers for that.. just come off the phone to centrelink. The first lady called bernadette was superb, very professional and gave me firm advice. Then I rang back because I forgot to ask about combining the incomes and I got some wally called Andrew who panicked when I asked him a question and he told me to ring the international number...proceeded to give me the number for me to tell him thats what I had just rung. Then I asked him about adding up the total incomes for him to flap and pass me to German Pensions!!!

Now I am stressing as my aunt has refused to assure us too, but we had her current boyfriend live with us for 5 months whilst his visa was going through!!! this was a stranger to us!!! well knarked off.

My cousin was assessed by centrelink and his income isnt good enough, but the intention was there.

Anyway, moving on... spoke to someone called simon in centrelink, who answered my questions... but he wasnt too sure on his answers, but professional non the less, so I think I will take you up on that email address.

Cheers to you all for this. AGAIN!!!
Old Dec 18th 2005, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

ranjit05 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by WESTLY

Best wishes
Westly Russell

if I am not wrong, your aunty (w/o the main assurer) can also provide AoS if she has income over the threshold.

in that case she would need to have TAXABLE income more than 23k
but how much it would be keeping your children in mind, dunnow

and pray you get some really good centrelink staff if u are making enquiries over the phone. most of them just go dumb once u mention the world "Assurance".

i think u can have more than two assurers
Old Dec 18th 2005, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ranjit05
if I am not wrong, your aunty (w/o the main assurer) can also provide AoS if she has income over the threshold.

in that case she would need to have TAXABLE income more than 23k
but how much it would be keeping your children in mind, dunnow

and pray you get some really good centrelink staff if u are making enquiries over the phone. most of them just go dumb once u mention the world "Assurance".

i think u can have more than two assurers
thank you, but if you re-read my note, my auntie has refused to assure us. Her income would need to be $33,361. I have used the link on westlys note to get some firm information from centrelink (cheers westly)

I already know I can have more than one assurer.

Cheers for trying to help though
Old Dec 21st 2005, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

thank you, but if you re-read my note, my auntie has refused to assure us. Her income would need to be $33,361. I have used the link on westlys note to get some firm information from centrelink (cheers westly)

I already know I can have more than one assurer.

Cheers for trying to help though
I have started to look into the indemnity agreements for the assurers. I now have a couple of companies I am liasing with to start the ball rolling of 'getting the best deal'.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.