Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

NYC AOS Approval WITH NO INTERVIEW!

NYC AOS Approval WITH NO INTERVIEW!

Old Oct 19th 2005, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

janadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond repute
Default NYC AOS Approval WITH NO INTERVIEW!

Our online message stated today that our AOS case has been approved.

Sweet joy.

Another separate email altogether directly from the CSC from an adjudicating officer, told us to expect greencard in the mail within 3 weeks and to let him know if 3 weeks pass and it doesn't arrive!

The very brief history on this, is that our case was filed in NY for Federal Plaza in Sept 2003, then transferred to Lees Summit, then in September 05 we got a notice to appear for our interview in Garden City NY - literally 3 days later, we got a cancellation notice on the interview. Shortly after this, Sept 16th to be more specific, a notice that the case was transfered to CSC.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

arijit is a jewel in the rougharijit is a jewel in the rougharijit is a jewel in the rougharijit is a jewel in the rougharijit is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: NYC AOS Approval WITH NO INTERVIEW!

congrats!!!
Originally Posted by janadeen

Sweet joy.

Another separate email altogether directly from the CSC from an adjudicating officer, told us to expect greencard in the mail within 3 weeks and to let him know if 3 weeks pass and it doesn't arrive!

The very brief history on this, is that our case was filed in NY for Federal Plaza in Sept 2003, then transferred to Lees Summit, then in September 05 we got a notice to appear for our interview in Garden City NY - literally 3 days later, we got a cancellation notice on the interview. Shortly after this, Sept 16th to be more specific, a notice that the case was transfered to CSC.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

janadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NYC AOS Approval WITH NO INTERVIEW!

Thanks Arijit.

Keep the faith everyone!

Originally Posted by arijit
congrats!!!
Old Oct 19th 2005, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

arijit is a jewel in the rougharijit is a jewel in the rougharijit is a jewel in the rougharijit is a jewel in the rougharijit is a jewel in the rough

You're very welcome. It's good to see this, actually. Care to speculate on why your case was deemed interview waivable by USCIS? I am curious.

Thanks Arijit.

Keep the faith everyone!
Old Oct 19th 2005, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ahhh ... smart cookie, that you are! Actually, there was some behind the scenes drama on my part. Suffice it to say, I had some personal, yes personal contact going on with CSC over the past 4 weeks. I may have even frightened them into approving it I was all over their asses so hard.

Anyway - I do sincerely believe that people who were transfered to CSC recently, for "faster processing" should get a result good bad or ugly, before the year ends - be it an interview or approval w/no interview, they'll see some action in my humble opinion.

Originally Posted by arijit
You're very welcome. It's good to see this, actually. Care to speculate on why your case was deemed interview waivable by USCIS? I am curious.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 3:02 pm
sobol1978

Thanks for an update!!!
That gives me a hope that i'm close- i filed Feb '04.

Old Oct 19th 2005, 3:09 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!
Old Oct 19th 2005, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks, thanks, thanks, you guys.

Like Peter Newton said, don't give up hope!

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Congratulations!
Old Oct 19th 2005, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

Angelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really niceAngelus71 is just really nice

Congratulations!!!

Originally Posted by sobol1978
Thanks for an update!!!
That gives me a hope that i'm close- i filed Feb '04.
I hope that means I'm even closer.....I filed in October 03.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 4:20 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, thanks, thanks, you guys.

Like Peter Newton said, don't give up hope!
WooHOo!
A little rabble-rousing never hurt--sounds like you did an excellent job
Old Oct 19th 2005, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Meauxna.

I really was getting to the point where I was going to either be needing a scrip for Zoloft or a bottle of Jack hidden in my desk at work. Oi! (-:

All in all though, I have to say, the people I dealt with at CSC were incredibly, just incredibly nice and helpful. At the end of it all I ended up feeling badly for them. They're the workers - slogging away at mounds and mounds of paperwork and applications with no forseeable end in sight and probably just getting bad direction and on top of it all, having to deal with people like me who are dangling only by a thread about to snap due to the frustration of the bureaucracy.

Originally Posted by meauxna
WooHOo!
A little rabble-rousing never hurt--sounds like you did an excellent job
Old Oct 19th 2005, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

bantik2005 has a spectacular aura aboutbantik2005 has a spectacular aura aboutbantik2005 has a spectacular aura about

Congratulations!
Old Oct 21st 2005, 2:41 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

OMG, that's fantastic!!! I wonder if we're going to see a bunch more CSC approvals soon? That would be so great.

Come on RFE, arrive already, haha.
Old Oct 21st 2005, 4:11 am
BE Enthusiast

I bet you DO see a bunch of approvals from there before year ends.

As for me, I'm kinda sorta holding my breath a bit: waiting for the card to actually arrive, with correct spelling of name and DOB and for it to be the correct 10yr one!

Am too, too happy that we can make out a light at the end of the tunnel. I STILL cannot believe it - an approval with no interview! Interestingly, I always looked at people really strangely whenever they post the thought of changing their interview date! I can't think of 1 single reason outside of being in labor, being on my death bed or a dear relative drawing their last breath that would make me either miss me interview or reschedule it!

Originally Posted by Steffi
OMG, that's fantastic!!! I wonder if we're going to see a bunch more CSC approvals soon? That would be so great.

Come on RFE, arrive already, haha.
Old Oct 21st 2005, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

Myharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant future

Sweet joy.

Congrats mate!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.