DISASTER, April 05 applicant.

Old Sep 6th 2005, 12:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of
Default DISASTER, April 05 applicant.

Oh no. Just telephoned ASPC. When I eventually spoke to someone (after 1 hour), I asked if I had been assigned a CO? She asked me my visa type. When I told her a 136 visa, she said the current processing time for these applications is 12 MONTHS.

Total disaster, all our plans are in tatters.

Paul
Old Sep 6th 2005, 12:58 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DISASTER, April 05 applicant.

Originally Posted by paulb
Oh no. Just telephoned ASPC. When I eventually spoke to someone (after 1 hour), I asked if I had been assigned a CO? She asked me my visa type. When I told her a 136 visa, she said the current processing time for these applications is 12 MONTHS.

Paul
This is the kind of question where you normally get a different answer depending on who picks up the phone. Even 136 visas can vary in processing time, eg if you are on the MODL.

In any case, if it does work out at 12 months, it's less that the 2-3 years that some unfortunate people in the UK had to wait for 136 visas a few years ago (old timers on this forum will remember the nightmare queue at the AHC London in 2001). And Canadian applicants on average worldwide are facing a 3 year processing time (longer in some posts).

It's worth keeping things in perspective. If you want to speed up the process, one way is find an Australian employer keen to hire you and sponsor for a permanent employer nominated migration visa like ENS or RSMS.

Jeremy
Old Sep 6th 2005, 12:59 am
Forum Regular

Mark Webster is on a distinguished road

Paul
Paul,

Processing times improved a lot for applications lodged after 1 July 2004 because ASPC put in a new computer system. We had some grants within a week or so for 136 applications.

However, things have been getting slower and slower, and these days it can easily take 2-3 months to be assigned a case officer. Still not taking 12 months for processing (unless there is a health or character issue) - 6-9 months is probably a more realistic timeframe these days...
Old Sep 6th 2005, 1:54 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ

In any case, if it does work out at 12 months, it's less that the 2-3 years that some unfortunate people in the UK had to wait for 136 visas a few years ago (old timers on this forum will remember the nightmare queue at the AHC London in 2001).

Jeremy
Hi Jeremy.

You're not wrong about the queue fiasco in 2001..!

We had to wait 18 months. The ASPC opened in Adelaide, and then the London applications were just left on the shelf for months until somebody decided to ship them all over to the new processing centre.

You were the first to congratulate us when I finally posted my, "Got it" on this forum. There's not many of us left on here from that time..

Here's my original, "Got it" post. (With my old username):

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126614

Cheers.... John......
Old Sep 6th 2005, 5:03 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Paul
Oh Paul, what a nightmare. I thought the processing times for these visa was 5-7 months?
Old Sep 6th 2005, 5:40 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: DISASTER, April 05 applicant.

Paul
You've go to laugh really!

They show on the TV that they are desparate for skilled workers etc and then you hear this. The first place they should look at replacing people is in the DIMIA offices and kick some @rse. Get some Brits in there and the process would be so much quicker eh!

R.
Old Sep 6th 2005, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Paul

Oh Paul,
That's a nightmare! But how does this explain Rich and Ang's 17 weeks? Do you think they might just have said it to stop you ringing them back again in a months time if you haven't heard?
This could also mean disaster for us soon. I'm gutted for you
Claire.
Old Sep 6th 2005, 6:35 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Paul

are you MODL?
Old Sep 6th 2005, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bridiej
Paul

are you MODL?
Yes Bridie, Im a psychiatric nurse. Me and the wife are going to need some stress counselling at this rate!

Paul
Old Sep 6th 2005, 6:52 am
BE Enthusiast

happymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=JAJ]This is the kind of question where you normally get a different answer depending on who picks up the phone. Even 136 visas can vary in processing time, eg if you are on the MODL.

I support what Jeremy has written. I also called them a while back and on one occasion was told 3-6 months, and another occasion was told 12-18 months. After the first phonecall I was elated, and after the second I was gutted. That's when I realized how tricky this whole thing is cos you can't even get the correct info from DIMIA themselves.

So I prefer to watch austimeline and see how long things are taking in actuality. After all, I think they are told to give out official waiting times.
Old Sep 6th 2005, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

bex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nice
Wink Re: DISASTER, April 05 applicant.

Paul
Paul this doesnt make any sense, I have been allocated a case officer and I am a week behind you, because she asked for extra information about 3 weeks ago now, so surely it doesn't take 7 months for the case officer to go through the application form. ( seeing as I applied 5 months ago).
Dont stress... that visa grant will come when you least expect it !!

Keep it up .... your chin that is

P.S Just read that another April applicant has just received med /pcc requests

Bex

Last edited by bex 66; Sep 6th 2005 at 7:46 am.
Old Sep 6th 2005, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

tibidabo will become famous soon enough

Hi,

When I called DIMIA last time I was told the same. In fact I saw it on their websitethat it is 12 months for low-risk and 15 months for high-risk countries.
However when I went to the embassy to have some certified copies done the woman said to me that it took less then 6 months and I am in a "high-risk country".
But looking at the timeline it take less then 6 months for people from Hungary.

If the CO is allocated and you have straightforward application, frontloaded PCCs and Medicals, you are fine. Unless they wanna check your employment references.
I talked to an agent and I was told that they usually check employment references if you work for an unknown company with small head count.

In addition, those people at the helpdesk are juniors and sometimes they have no idea about many things. I asked them how long an IELTS test is valid and I got 3 different answers every time. Once the guy told me that it must be not more then 12 months old when the visa was GRANTED. That is nonsense. I think he confused it with the PCCs and Medicals

Cheers Tibor

Last edited by tibidabo; Sep 6th 2005 at 7:51 am.
Old Sep 6th 2005, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tibidabo
Hi,

When I called DIMIA last time I was told the same. In fact I saw it on their websitethat it is 12 months for low-risk and 15 months for high-risk countries.
However when I went to the embassy to have some certified copies done the woman said to me that it took less then 6 months and I am in a "high-risk country".
But looking at the timeline it take less then 6 months for people from Hungary.

If the CO is allocated and you have straightforward application, frontloaded PCCs and Medicals, you are fine. Unless they wanna check your employment references.
I talked to an agent and I was told that they usually check employment references if you work for an unknown company with small head count.

In addition, those people at the helpdesk are juniors and sometimes they have no idea about many things. I asked them how long an IELTS test is valid and I got 3 different answers every time. Once the guy told me that it must be not more then 12 months old when the visa was GRANTED. That is nonsense. I think he confused it with the PCCs and Medicals

Cheers Tibor
I was simply told that a CO had not been allocated as the processing times for these visas was 12 months.

Thanks for all of your replies folks.

Paul
Old Sep 6th 2005, 8:43 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Paul,

as you know we've been allocated a CO and we lodged the visa on 7 April (5 months tomorrow).

The other thing to bear in mind: last July they put a new system in place to be able to proccess visas faster than 12 months. It would hardly make sense then to now put in another system to make the processing times slower again.

So, for the moment, I'm taking what that person at DIMIA tols you with a pinch of salt.

Gina
Old Sep 6th 2005, 8:44 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Paul,

We have spoken with the ASPC today. In summary:

- it appears that there is an office move in progress

- staff are being diverted to the processing of onshore skilled student applications

- a number of new staff are being trained to handle skilled applications

- it is acknowledged that the timelines for the issuing of skilled visa file references and visa processing times have slipped; we understand that efforts are being made to allocate file references to new applications over the next few weeks

I'd therefore conclude that 12 months is probably an unduly pessimistic processing timeframe, and that the reality will probably be closer to between 5 and 8 months.

Keep the faith!

Best regards.

I was simply told that a CO had not been allocated as the processing times for these visas was 12 months.

Thanks for all of your replies folks.

Paul

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.