Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Prison service staff leaving the UK

Prison service staff leaving the UK

Old Aug 30th 2005, 7:04 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Prison service staff leaving the UK

I just want to say I hope it all works out for you guys, whether you are from the Scottish service or English.

I enquired into leaving the Scottish Prison Service for the New Zealand service but decided against it.

I know it is a huge financial gamble for all you guys so I really wish you all the best for your future hopes and dreams and I do hope it all works out for you all.

I decided Canada was the better option for the family, so forms waiting to be processed by the Canadian immigration staff, and touch wood, hopefully I wont be in Blighty for much longer.

Eddie
Old Aug 30th 2005, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

MV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant futureMV5555 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Prison service staff leaving the UK

Originally Posted by Voyager970
I just want to say I hope it all works out for you guys, whether you are from the Scottish service or English.

I enquired into leaving the Scottish Prison Service for the New Zealand service but decided against it.

I know it is a huge financial gamble for all you guys so I really wish you all the best for your future hopes and dreams and I do hope it all works out for you all.

I decided Canada was the better option for the family, so forms waiting to be processed by the Canadian immigration staff, and touch wood, hopefully I wont be in Blighty for much longer.

Eddie

Good luck Eddie, anyone with the bottle to up root and go anywhere needs a little luck and good fortune all the best mate
Old Aug 30th 2005, 8:22 pm
tickle my tadpoles

footloose is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by MV5555
Good luck Eddie, anyone with the bottle to up root and go anywhere needs a little luck and good fortune all the best mate

Eddie, my thoughts exactly. I wish you all the best.

Scott
Old Aug 30th 2005, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

dekajack1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by footloose
Eddie, my thoughts exactly. I wish you all the best.

Scott

Eddie,

Enjoy Canada, Nudenut will be in Singapore today.

Ann
Old Aug 30th 2005, 11:32 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dekajack1
Eddie,

Enjoy Canada, Nudenut will be in Singapore today.

Ann
Anne I'll miss that big daftie

We had many a booze sessions when we did that 2 year ILM course, the big bald git was pure dead brilliant, I will miss his daft sense of humour

Hopefully he will keep in touch through the forum

If you hear from him tell him I was asking for him

I reckon I have at least 18 months minimum to wait before paperwork is processed, a lot more time to wait than you guys, but as they say, you need patience in the immigration game

Eddie
Old Sep 1st 2005, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

ranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant future

Dear Voyager

Have you got a job to go to in Canada, as I believe Prison Officers in this Country are very well paid and the position is a sought after one. I also believe that you have to be a landed citizen before you can apply. Is this the case?

Best of luck though

Suze
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 6:44 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Originally Posted by ranbysue
Dear Voyager

Have you got a job to go to in Canada, as I believe Prison Officers in this Country are very well paid and the position is a sought after one. I also believe that you have to be a landed citizen before you can apply. Is this the case?

Best of luck though

Suze
Suze

You are correct in that you have to be a landed immigrant before you can apply.

From what I have researched, salary is somehwere near to $45 to $50k per year, not to bad I must say with the relatively lower cost of living

Guys many thanks for your words of encouragement

Eddie