Approved in Phoenix!!

Old Jul 13th 2005, 6:42 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Approved in Phoenix!!

Hi All! Looks like all your good karma wishes from yesterday made it happen! Not to mention our tons of preparation.

Yes, Sadegh is APPROVED! He is now a CPR with a nice stamp in his passport!

Here's how our morning went (for those who like detail...lol): Appointment was at 7:15 am. Woke up at 5:00 and got to the immigration building by 6:35. Got checked in through security, dropped our letter in the slot, and got seated in our waiting area around 7:00 a.m. Our interpreter (Turkish) showed up at about 7:10. Sadegh's English isn't good enough yet to answer complicated questions, and I wasn't sure if I would be allowed to interpret, being the spouse and all...so we hired an independent interpreter at $120 for 2 hours. We got called in about 7:35, and the Officer (female) was a little confused as to why there were three of us. We explained about the interpreting thing, and she still looked surprised or confused, but ushered us into her office.

The Officer said this would be a recorded interview, and asked if that was OK with us (as if we'd say no?). She collected ID from all of us and swore us in. She made Sadegh verify his full name, address, phone number, and birthdate (which he said in English as - "one-nine-seven-three-five-ten" - meaning May 10, 1973....we all smiled at that). Next came the long list of standard questions about drugs, terrorism, etc. The only scary part was where the Officer asked if Sadegh had ever claimed to be a US Citizen. I think the translator said it wrong, or he just didn't get the question, because at first he said "yes". The Officer says "you have??" and then the translator rephrased the question and he said "no, I haven't said I'm citizen yet, but I like to be". Whew! Oh, and she also asked to see Sadegh's social security card.

As she was shuffling papers around, she asked me about my previous marriages, how I learned Farsi, and said that I could have actually done the translating for the interview myself (oh well). She kept a copy of our 2004 taxes, and although she didn't ask for it, I offered a new I-864 since I had a salary increase. She kept the new I-864 in the file and gave me back the old one. She asked for evidence of joint life, and like an idiot I said "you mean like bank statement and bills?" (geez Rene...duh!) She smiled and said, yes...whatever you have that shows both your names on it. So I gave her 14 months worth of copies of our bank statements, phone and cable bill, cell phone bill, and car insurance bills. To my surprise, she 2-hole punched ALL that and put it in the file! I told her I had pictures also, and put the file on her desk, which she ignored. By the end of the interview, she had never looked at it so I filed it away again.

So after collecting all that, she told us about him getting conditional status and what that means, and explained how to remove conditions at the appropriate time. She said his green card should be coming in the mail within 3 to 14 days (wow!) because they have a direct link to the Missouri center, and as soon as she pushed the approved button, it went right out for printing. We'll see if he gets it that fast.

Sadegh working in LA was never an issue...the only thing she asked about his work was whether he is working and what he does for work. She kept his EAD cards, but never asked for his AP. Also, I had translated his birth certificate and that was evidently OK, she never commented on it.

We were done in about half an hour...which I think took that long because of having to translate. It was quick, painless, and now Sadegh is a CPR, and we are immigration-free for almost 2 years!! Woo hooooooooo!!

Thanks to all of you for your help and support, we couldn't have done it without you! Sadegh says a warm hello and big thank you to all of you, too!

HAPPY HUGS!!
Rene & Sadegh

Last edited by Noorah101; Jul 13th 2005 at 6:49 pm.
Old Jul 13th 2005, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

gloria is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Approved in Phoenix!!

Congratulations to you both. That is fantastic news.
Old Jul 13th 2005, 6:46 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Approved in Phoenix!!

Hello Rene

Congratulations Rene & Sadegh. I'm so happy for you both. It's a great feeling isn't it?

Maggie
Old Jul 13th 2005, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

broma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nice

Congratulations to you both!
Old Jul 13th 2005, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

berthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really niceberthman is just really nice

Congratulations,

I'd not been here for a while now, but thought I would have a look, and great news is here in the Valley of the Sun!!

I look forward to catching up soon

Berthman
Old Jul 13th 2005, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Rene and Sadegh! Geez, I didn't know that Sadegh was such a young'un. Heh. After seeing his pic in which he wears the cowboy hat, I guess the only real response to his/your approval should be YEEEEHAW!!!

Elaine
Old Jul 13th 2005, 7:10 pm
THE Member

Seanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud of

WAY TO GO Reneeeee and Sadegh!

ps: u better update your signature girl, and do it in UPPER CASE too cos it's such great news! lol

Last edited by Seanus; Jul 13th 2005 at 7:15 pm.
Old Jul 13th 2005, 7:11 pm

bigz is on a distinguished road

Becky and i congrats to you both... as you finish your
we are just start ours, and i have to thankyou rene for everything
you have done.

Last edited by bigz; Jul 13th 2005 at 7:15 pm.
Old Jul 13th 2005, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations....:d:d
Old Jul 13th 2005, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

britnyank is a splendid one to beholdbritnyank is a splendid one to beholdbritnyank is a splendid one to beholdbritnyank is a splendid one to beholdbritnyank is a splendid one to beholdbritnyank is a splendid one to beholdbritnyank is a splendid one to beholdbritnyank is a splendid one to beholdbritnyank is a splendid one to beholdbritnyank is a splendid one to beholdbritnyank is a splendid one to behold

Excellent news!
Congratulations to you both.xxx
Old Jul 13th 2005, 7:26 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101

Woke up at 5:00 and got to the immigration building by 6:35. Got checked in through security, dropped our letter in the slot, and got seated in our waiting area around 7:00 a.m. HAPPY HUGS!!
Rene & Sadegh

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I want to know how the hell do you wake up at 5:00 and get to an office by 6:35?????????

Shower? Dress? Makeup? Transportation? Breakfast? At least coffee??

Oh I know, you camped outside in your pop-up trailer.

Rete
Old Jul 13th 2005, 7:29 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HunterGreen
Congrats Rene and Sadegh! Geez, I didn't know that Sadegh was such a young'un. Heh. After seeing his pic in which he wears the cowboy hat, I guess the only real response to his/your approval should be YEEEEHAW!!!

Elaine

Heck my kidlets are YEARS older than him ... both of them ;-(

Man I feel old
Old Jul 13th 2005, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

Pete&Shan is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!!!

We appreciate all your good advice and are thrilled for you!

Shannon and Peter
Old Jul 13th 2005, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to you both!.
Old Jul 13th 2005, 7:57 pm
Expat Aussie

Location: Gainesville, VA, USA / Alice Springs, NT, Australia
AussieSteve has a brilliant futureAussieSteve has a brilliant futureAussieSteve has a brilliant futureAussieSteve has a brilliant futureAussieSteve has a brilliant futureAussieSteve has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi All! Looks like all your good karma wishes from yesterday made it happen! Not to mention our tons of preparation.

Congrats!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.