Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Eagle Removals (based in Ipswich)

Eagle Removals (based in Ipswich)

Old Jun 9th 2005, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

JJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the rough
Default Eagle Removals (based in Ipswich)

Hi... has anyone used Eagle, they have given us a very good quote for a 40ft container... packing here, but just unload Brisbane..

thanks
julie
Old Jun 9th 2005, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

JJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Eagle Removals (based in Ipswich)

Originally Posted by JJJHM
Hi... has anyone used Eagle, they have given us a very good quote for a 40ft container... packing here, but just unload Brisbane..

thanks
julie
bounce..
Old Jun 9th 2005, 7:10 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
julie
Hi, we've not yet used them but as soon as we get our visas we are going to use them. They came joint bottom in price after alot of bartering and seem really professional and knowledgeable.
Marie
Old Jun 9th 2005, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
Hi, we've not yet used them but as soon as we get our visas we are going to use them. They came joint bottom in price after alot of bartering and seem really professional and knowledgeable.
Marie
thanks for that we have only had emails so far... going to speak to them tomorrow..

when are you hoping to go?

julie
Old Jun 9th 2005, 8:15 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for that we have only had emails so far... going to speak to them tomorrow..

when are you hoping to go?

julie
We are aiming to go on the 3rd Sept, with the container going 30 August. This all depends on our visas getting to us in time.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

We are aiming to go on the 3rd Sept, with the container going 30 August. This all depends on our visas getting to us in time.
we we're looking at going on the 3rd... but have put it back to the 7th!!.. should complete on the house on the 19 August (everything crossed..!!) so planning to be homeless and visiting relatives around the UK for a couple of weeks before going!!

Good luck..

julie
Old Jun 9th 2005, 8:58 pm
GC family day carer

we we're looking at going on the 3rd... but have put it back to the 7th!!.. should complete on the house on the 19 August (everything crossed..!!) so planning to be homeless and visiting relatives around the UK for a couple of weeks before going!!

Good luck..

julie
The only reason we've got for going on the 3rd is that a friend of ours is picking someone up from Heathrow that morning so we can get a lift down with him.
If flights are cheaper either side of that date we will go with our 2nd option of getting to the airport...we are selling our car and in the meantime have bought another at just £60, doesn't look so good but runs well, we were going to get a mate to come down wih us and then just give them the car.
Old Jun 10th 2005, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

ahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant future

The only reason we've got for going on the 3rd is that a friend of ours is picking someone up from Heathrow that morning so we can get a lift down with him.
If flights are cheaper either side of that date we will go with our 2nd option of getting to the airport...we are selling our car and in the meantime have bought another at just £60, doesn't look so good but runs well, we were going to get a mate to come down wih us and then just give them the car.
would you mind telling me who they tied with? our cheapest was greens, also local to ipswich (we are in suffolk). we've had about 7 quotes now and they cover a 2500 range in difference! mad
Old Jun 10th 2005, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

ahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ahoy
would you mind telling me who they tied with? our cheapest was greens, also local to ipswich (we are in suffolk). we've had about 7 quotes now and they cover a 2500 range in difference! mad
i've just looked all over the phone book and i can't find eagle at all. would you mind giving me the number please.

thank you very much
Old Jun 10th 2005, 5:20 pm
GC family day carer

i've just looked all over the phone book and i can't find eagle at all. would you mind giving me the number please.

thank you very much

Hi, We've been dealing with Kelly Williams although the person who sorted out the price for us was someone else who my hubby can't remember the name of. The tel no is 0870 421 5624.
The company they tied with is a local one to us based in Sheffield called Freightworld.
Marie
Old Jun 10th 2005, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

Hi, We've been dealing with Kelly Williams although the person who sorted out the price for us was someone else who my hubby can't remember the name of. The tel no is 0870 421 5624.
The company they tied with is a local one to us based in Sheffield called Freightworld.
Marie
thanks for that.
Old Jun 10th 2005, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

thanks for that.
Hi, haven't been on line for a while, this is the info from thier letter head.

Eagle Relocations
Worldwide Movers
Units 3-4 Lodge Lane
Gt Blakenham
Ipswich IP6 0LB
Tel: 01473 832700
Fax 01473 833685
Email: [email protected]

They have quoted £4300 for a 40ft container, PSS were £5500..

Still like to hear if others have used them!!

forgot to say.. Sam Blain did our quote.

Thanks

Julie

Last edited by JJJHM; Jun 10th 2005 at 6:34 pm. Reason: add info
Old Jun 10th 2005, 6:46 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
julie
I used Eagle so will give you as fair an idea of their service as possible.

Firstly, it was the cheapest quote for me (1550 quid for about 350 cubic feet door to door or something - can't remember the specifics off hand) but remember to figure in insurance, which really bumps the cost up (for me, it was about 400 quid). If other companies have quoted you with insurance included, you might want to rethink.

Secondly, they told me 6 to 8 weeks for delivery. It was shipped off on April 11th, and I'm due to get it on Monday. That's 9 weeks. The reason it has been delayed is because the freight forwarders here in California have been arsing about for a couple of weeks, trying to pull their fingers out of their backsides, but they claim it's because they were waiting for some information from Eagle. Personally I blame the forwarders, but you never know...

The guys who came to collect the stuff were ace. They did a really professional job. I wanted to do my own packing, because obviously they charge you if you have them pack for you. Onkar at Eagle told me that would jeopardise the insurance, but he did a deal with me whereby they packed the kitchen stuff (breakables - glassware etc etc), I packed everything else and left the boxes unsealed. They gave them a quick check over, sealed them, said for insurance purposes that they'd packed them, and I didn't have to pay for packing. Sorted

I asked for several quotes before I decided on Eagle and the main reason I went with them was that Onkar was the only person who asked if he could come out and give me an estimate. Everyone else asked me to estimate my cubic footage myself, which obviously made it much more guesswork (I think the tendency is to under-estimate). The estimate Eagle gave me was spot on.

I'll get back to you on Monday and let you know whether everything arrived safely!

Hope this has helped
Old Jun 10th 2005, 6:47 pm
GC family day carer

Hi, haven't been on line for a while, this is the info from thier letter head.

Eagle Relocations
Worldwide Movers
Units 3-4 Lodge Lane
Gt Blakenham
Ipswich IP6 0LB
Tel: 01473 832700
Fax 01473 833685
Email: [email protected]

They have quoted £4300 for a 40ft container, PSS were £5500..

Still like to hear if others have used them!!

forgot to say.. Sam Blain did our quote.

Thanks

Julie

I take it you assume Sam Blain did your quote as that's who the emails come from. We phoned them to speak to Sam as we assumed this aswell but she is just the receptionist and has nothing to do with any of the quotes, she just does the emailing.
Old Jun 10th 2005, 6:50 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

I take it you assume Sam Blain did your quote as that's who the emails come from. We phoned them to speak to Sam as we assumed this aswell but she is just the receptionist and has nothing to do with any of the quotes, she just does the emailing.
It's a fairly small outfit. I think it's run by 2 brothers, who do most of the quotes and the business side of things. One of them is Onkar Sharma but I can't remember his brother's name.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.