Frustration

Old Jun 2nd 2005, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of
Angry Frustration

Am now in possession of the 1100 STNI form from SA so in theory we could now send our main visa application off...however..... I asked worked a few weeks ago to do my big reference and asked for it back within 2 weeks, but now the manager has gone on annual leave and wont be back for 2 weeks!!!!no one else seems to know anything about it so now we will have to wait
If anyone has any ideas..................
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 6:46 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frustration

Originally Posted by s/nurse
Am now in possession of the 1100 STNI form from SA so in theory we could now send our main visa application off...however..... I asked worked a few weeks ago to do my big reference and asked for it back within 2 weeks, but now the manager has gone on annual leave and wont be back for 2 weeks!!!!no one else seems to know anything about it so now we will have to wait
If anyone has any ideas..................
Same kept happening to me - Solution - type your own and get someone to sign it - either a G grade or a line manager - I did that for all my refs - don't mind e-mailing you my ef so you can get an idea of what to include? Mine was for a 136 skilled independent visa but would imagine they would want similar content - just adapt it to your job - I got my ref idea's from Ad4oz.

Let me know if you want it,
Lynn
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

I did that lynn, you gave me the basic outline of what to do and I basically typed it and stuck it under one the H grade managers and they signed it
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 8:19 pm

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi
can you pm me what you put in your work ref please, im just starting all this and could do with some help
thankyou

amanda
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Same kept happening to me - Solution - type your own and get someone to sign it - either a G grade or a line manager - I did that for all my refs - don't mind e-mailing you my ef so you can get an idea of what to include? Mine was for a 136 skilled independent visa but would imagine they would want similar content - just adapt it to your job - I got my ref idea's from Ad4oz.

Let me know if you want it,
Lynn
Will yours be applicable to me as I am only a lowly D grade? if so lynne that would be excellent and much appreciated
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 8:22 pm

Will yours be applicable to me as I am only a lowly D grade? if so lynne that would be excellent and much appreciated
2 PM's coming right up - obviously mine is for an E grade s/n but its just to show you roughly what content to have - use your job description to change your role and duty bit. Ad4oz's one was a G grade one and I adapted hers - it was just the format that was useful.

Lynn
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 8:32 pm

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Frustration

fantastic, im a midwife so i will obviously change it around, but the layout and format will just do nicely. your a star thankyou very much..........now if you can fill out my visa application for me..................!!!!!!

amanda
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 8:37 pm

Glad you are both happier - I couldn't of done it without help either - all that jargon and nursing terminology - the refs cover everything that red paragraph in booklet 6 requests under recent work experience.

If you have lucky enough to of been in one job in 3 out of 4 years then you will only need one detailed ref to cover everything!

I needed 4 refs to claim the points for recent and specific work experience.

Lynn x
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 10:08 pm
Avoiding Plates

Gary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really nice

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Glad you are both happier - I couldn't of done it without help either - all that jargon and nursing terminology - the refs cover everything that red paragraph in booklet 6 requests under recent work experience.

If you have lucky enough to of been in one job in 3 out of 4 years then you will only need one detailed ref to cover everything!

I needed 4 refs to claim the points for recent and specific work experience.

Lynn x
Lynn,
Any chance you could send me a copy too???
If so, thanks in advance.
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

selina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to behold

hi lynn, sorry to be a pain but could you pm me a copy too?
selina
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

can't belive it Lynne, manager has signed the reference (alterations made) and I am going to have everything certified on Monday for the visa to be sent in the afternoon, thank you for your help, you are a star
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 5:21 pm

Hi everyone hope this helps some of you - will save me doing tonnes of Pm's - it really helped me at the time when someone did this for me.....it is just and example and obviously this is a job description of an E grade community nurse. so you will have to tailor it to your own EXACT jobs as thats what DIMIA have to know. I had to enclose 4 different employment statements like this to cover the 4 jobs I have had (some at the same time) in the last 3-4 years.

Lynn

Glasgow Primary Health Care Trust
District Nurses
?????????? Health Centre
whatever Street
Glasgow
Scotland.

Dear Sir/Madam

I am writing to confirm that Lynn ???????? has been in full time continuous employment as an E grade Community staff nurse/ Registered nurse with this health centre since 24/08/04 – present date, working 37.5 hours per week. Her employment is on a full time permanent basis at ??????? Health Centre in Glasgow. Lynn’s present salary is General Whitley Council Grade E £18,230 per year gross (see enclosed pay slip).

As Lynn will be applying under the Skilled Occupation of ‘Registered Nurse’ as given in the Migration Occupations in Demand List (Asco 2323-11), I can confirm, from the employment statements she is submitting with her application, that Lynn meets the basic requirement of working for 12 out of the past 18 months on a full time basis (20+ hours per week). Lynn has also worked in her nominated occupation worth 60 points for over 3 of the 4 years immediately before applying.

Lynn is very flexible in her approach to work and communicates well with the district nursing teams, GP’s and other agencies within the multidisciplinary team. Lynn has demonstrated on several occasions her ability to manage the caseload without any problems in the absence of the District nurse team leader.
Lynn possesses excellent knowledge of information technology and computer skills. She has taken responsibility for her own professional development since becoming a registered nurse and demonstrates a commitment to life long learning and the delivery of high standards of patient care.

Lynn is competent to practice as a nurse and her state of health is such that she can perform nursing duties without endangering any Patient. Lynn holds a current licence/Statement of Entry to practice as a Registered Nurse and is a suitable person to practice nursing.
Lynn is a native English speaker and in her present employment as a community staff nurse / Registered Nurse the medium of communication is English.

Lynn’s 5 main duties are as follows:

1. To provide care and promote a healthy lifestyle within the local population, in line with identified needs and relevant strategy documents.
2. Provide seamless nursing care within the patient’s home as part of the nursing process by assessing patient needs, planning, implementing and evaluating a programme of care, that is evidence based, taking into account the lifestyle, race, gender and cultural background and ensure involvement with the patient, family, carers and significant others.

3. To provide nursing care to patients with a wide variety of medical and surgical problems, within their own home, including: Diabetic management, chronic disease management, care of post-operative surgical patients, leg ulcer management and venepuncture. This list is not exhaustive but covers a range of patients we visit on the caseload.

4. Care of the terminally ill patient and provision of seamless palliative care.

5. In the absence of the nursing team leader, Lynn is expected to lead the nursing team and manage the patient caseload.

Yours Sincerely

Sister pain in the neck
District Nurse.
??????????? Health Centre
0141 ???????
e-mail - ???????????????????
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 5:24 pm

can't belive it Lynne, manager has signed the reference (alterations made) and I am going to have everything certified on Monday for the visa to be sent in the afternoon, thank you for your help, you are a star
Great - glad it worked for you - much much quicker isn't it and managers thank you for making it so easy for them - will save them an hour where they would of had to type it - remember to print it on to headed note paper (specifically asks for this in booklet 6)

Good luck with sending the visa application!
Lynn
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 8:01 pm
Avoiding Plates

Gary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really nice

Thanks for that Lynn.

A big dose of Karma is heading your way
Old Jun 4th 2005, 8:19 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Lynn you should ask Paul the admin guy if he could pin a link to this in a nursing FAQ section at the top of this forum....then if any of us find useful bits of info, send them to him so nurses who are new can find the info straight away instead of having to ask or trawl through previous pages.
he could do a >Useful links/FAQ for nurses to Aus/NZ, and one for US destined nurses...
just a thought