Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Banana Diaries 2 - The Return To Planet Jill

Banana Diaries 2 - The Return To Planet Jill

Old May 11th 2005, 5:13 am
Go Banana's !!

Talking Banana Diaries 2 - The Return To Planet Jill

Wed May 11th

Well as my husband has abandoned me for the next month I thought "How will I get myself through it this time?" and I'm affraid the answer was to come on here and write a small interlude, rather than the epic last time! It's theorapy guys, it'll only run for a month - just to get me throught the nights until my man returns

He's away with work, so what happened to the goal of spending more time as a family together then hey ? He's actually off for some training at a business school and it will be a one off, but never the less it's harder this time as I am used to him being around, I hate taking the bins out !

He has managed to go away at the busiest time of the house build and I do mean the busiest, it's manic. It's all coming together now and we are nearing the end of the process, but there is still an amazing amount to do. It's all very well poncing around getting quotes, but no I have to actually start co-ordinating dates for: fencing, painting, carpet measuring, blind measuring, floor fitting, aircon, alarms, the garden and the delivery of the extra furniture we have needed.

Now where is the mention of the pool? you might ask. flamin' good question. I had the day from hell yesterday, which has prompted me to start scribing again, as it was just one diaster after another.

It started when I arrived at the plot yesterday and met the pool project co-ordinator. We went through the site inspection process and it became alarmingly apparent that the plans submitted to the Shire, of where the pool would be placed, varied slightly from the plans for the garden. OOOpps, my slight cockup. It potentially mean't we couldn't have the layout of garden we wanted around the pool and that the plans would have to be re-submitted to the Shire again roll my eyes I did !!.

I placed a frantic call to the gardener who wasn't in. The pool guy started cancelling bobcats etc, as the pool was going in next Thurs and we would now be delayed by about 3 weeks. This in turn mean't we couldn't get the garden done before we moved in, as the pool has to settle for 6 weeks. I left the plot in a bit of a frazzle. On top of this he started telling me things about soakwell backwash pipes, overflow outlets, having to meet the guys on the first day at 7am on the site, access points, power lines, services and could I make sure we provided a hose pipe for filling the pool, which has to be left on for 12 hours and I have to remember to go and switch it of as it has to go to a special level as they also fill it with sand. ARGHHH !! where's Warren when I need him?

Driving back to the rental a stone chip hit my windscreen and a cartoon style crack grew across the passanger side, about a quarter of the way across. At this point I lost control of my tearducks and the banks burst.

I got back to the house and sort of pulled myself together. I then spent the next half an hour making phone calls to the gardener, the pool man and the insurance company. I needed to go out to the car to get some paper work and the bloody rat of a dog shot out of the house like a greyhound, over the road and thought it could out run a magpie!! well the little git could certainly out run me, I thought my lungs were bleeding!! After about half an hour I caught him and marched him back to the house.

The afternoon improved somewhat and I then went to pick Imogen up from school. She'd had a run in with boy at school and they were now in dispute over a rubber, which I have had to sort out with the teacher this morning.

Then when we got home and I unpacked her school bag, there was a note from the school saying we hadn't paid for the school photo's so none had be printed ARGHH. By this time there wasn't any swearwords left I hadn't used. We have paid it and we have a record of it - so I have sent a curt e-mail to the photo company and I await their response.

At the 11th hour the pool company rang and said that the new posistion of the pool had been approved by the Shire over the phone, no extra cost and all back on for next Thurs !! So I then had to ring round all the interested parties and switch everything back on again. Then it was off out to horse riding and I finally sat down last night at about 9:30 pm to eat something. Oh and another walk for the dog, firmly on his lead, he knows now not to mess with a woman on the edge!!

The last few weeks since I last wrote have been just as frantic. I'm helping out at the school 3 times a week and having swimming lessons twice a week - with a practise session inbetween, that hasn't quite happened yet. And somewhere into all this I have to do some shopping..

I'm having a "I seriously miss M&S, Next, Wallis, John Lewis and H&M week" - just don't start me on it please, the food, the clothes, the smellies............. I have however got Wonder Wozza picking me up a truck load of stuff when he goes back to the UK (business training is in Holland so he is nipping over to the UK for a weekend) I just wish he could go round the shops with a webcam for me - as I just want to see inside!! He's not at all interested in going back to the UK apart from seeing family, what a waste!! I'd give my eye teeth for a days shopping in Newcastle.........

I'm ok really, just need a fix. One shining star in all this is that my FANTASTIC husband bought me a new car on Friday - I have my baby back. Those of you who know me and have read the diary before will know what it is. As one of my dear friends put it I am a shallow cow (ha ha), but I know that and to be back in the comfort blanket of my baby is bliss. I just sat in it on Sunday morning with the stero on full bast with the tears tumbling down my cheeks, I was home. You know me guys, you don't have to like me

And this is where the title of the diary come from, Imogen strode out, took one look at me promptly informed Warren that I was back on Planet Jill again !!. Geeze we laughed our heads off, but scary when your daughter sees you that emtional about a car.

So on life goes. There is always some drama when Warren is away and I'm sure this time is no exception. It's the 13th on Friday, I'm not going out, just in case.

Wish me luck that I get through the next 4 weeks in one piece and I'll update soon.

Jill

Old May 11th 2005, 7:02 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of
Default Re: Banana Diaries 2 - The Return To Planet Jill

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
Wed May 11th

I'm ok really, just need a fix. One shining star in all this is that my FANTASTIC husband bought me a new car on Friday - I have my baby back. Those of you who know me and have read the diary before will know what it is.
Jill
Good to hear from you again!

As a fellow 'you know what' owner, I'm dead chuffed you've got your baby back. Is it the same model as before?
Old May 11th 2005, 7:05 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

lol! (sorry!)

hMMM, I've never been in a mercedes before I reckon.....!

ANd no people, I wasn't the one to call her shallow cow (well, not out loud )

he he!

See you next week Jill, try and stay out of trouble! (actually, don't, it'll make for interesting conversation)

Geez, I'm cheeky today... I'm bored!
Old May 11th 2005, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about

Jill,
My mornings were not the same without reading your threads. Hope the house works out for you.

Chris
Old May 11th 2005, 7:23 am
Go Banana's !!

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
Good to hear from you again!

As a fellow 'you know what' owner, I'm dead chuffed you've got your baby back. Is it the same model as before?
Yep exactly the same.

Jill

Old May 11th 2005, 7:25 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad you got it all sorted in the end Jill!
Old May 11th 2005, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Excellent Jill, i love it, keep writing Cant wait to see the car, what a fantastic husband you have hey.
Joanne
Old May 11th 2005, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

I was thrilled to see you have posted again, really missed reading your diaries. Good luck while Warren is away
Old May 11th 2005, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah !! WELCOME BACK. Know how you feel about Newcastle. What I wouldn't give for a day in the Metrocentre or even a quick shifty around Eldon Square.

Keep the dramas up !!

Gill
Old May 11th 2005, 8:18 am
maggy

who called you a shallow cow my luvvie lol.

You tell Maggy and I will sort them out

You know I love you

xxxx

Old May 11th 2005, 8:43 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Yep exactly the same.

Jill
I think we both need help!

We're still trying to decide whether we'll ship the Merc or sell it and buy another over there. I'm just not giving it up. I just can't.
Old May 11th 2005, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Yes you must definitely keep writing and you really should get these diaries published, you take your readers to from fits of laughter to feeling your frustrations when things are not going well.

Look forward to the next issue

Chris
Old May 11th 2005, 9:30 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Aah...the long awaited sequel to the first, and hugely successful epic!

Good to see you posting your musings once more Jill! Take care.
Old May 11th 2005, 9:48 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Jill,

You must be over the moon to get your Reliant Robin back again

Warren away ?

The whole of Queensland is heading for the bunkers
Old May 11th 2005, 9:58 am
crazy, sexy,cool member

Jessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond repute

Wed May 11th

Well as my husband has abandoned me for the next month I thought "How will I get myself through it this time?" and I'm affraid the answer was to come on here and write a small interlude, rather than the epic last time! It's theorapy guys, it'll only run for a month - just to get me throught the nights until my man returns

He's away with work, so what happened to the goal of spending more time as a family together then hey ? He's actually off for some training at a business school and it will be a one off, but never the less it's harder this time as I am used to him being around, I hate taking the bins out !

He has managed to go away at the busiest time of the house build and I do mean the busiest, it's manic. It's all coming together now and we are nearing the end of the process, but there is still an amazing amount to do. It's all very well poncing around getting quotes, but no I have to actually start co-ordinating dates for: fencing, painting, carpet measuring, blind measuring, floor fitting, aircon, alarms, the garden and the delivery of the extra furniture we have needed.

Now where is the mention of the pool? you might ask. flamin' good question. I had the day from hell yesterday, which has prompted me to start scribing again, as it was just one diaster after another.

It started when I arrived at the plot yesterday and met the pool project co-ordinator. We went through the site inspection process and it became alarmingly apparent that the plans submitted to the Shire, of where the pool would be placed, varied slightly from the plans for the garden. OOOpps, my slight cockup. It potentially mean't we couldn't have the layout of garden we wanted around the pool and that the plans would have to be re-submitted to the Shire again roll my eyes I did !!.

I placed a frantic call to the gardener who wasn't in. The pool guy started cancelling bobcats etc, as the pool was going in next Thurs and we would now be delayed by about 3 weeks. This in turn mean't we couldn't get the garden done before we moved in, as the pool has to settle for 6 weeks. I left the plot in a bit of a frazzle. On top of this he started telling me things about soakwell backwash pipes, overflow outlets, having to meet the guys on the first day at 7am on the site, access points, power lines, services and could I make sure we provided a hose pipe for filling the pool, which has to be left on for 12 hours and I have to remember to go and switch it of as it has to go to a special level as they also fill it with sand. ARGHHH !! where's Warren when I need him?

Driving back to the rental a stone chip hit my windscreen and a cartoon style crack grew across the passanger side, about a quarter of the way across. At this point I lost control of my tearducks and the banks burst.

I got back to the house and sort of pulled myself together. I then spent the next half an hour making phone calls to the gardener, the pool man and the insurance company. I needed to go out to the car to get some paper work and the bloody rat of a dog shot out of the house like a greyhound, over the road and thought it could out run a magpie!! well the little git could certainly out run me, I thought my lungs were bleeding!! After about half an hour I caught him and marched him back to the house.

The afternoon improved somewhat and I then went to pick Imogen up from school. She'd had a run in with boy at school and they were now in dispute over a rubber, which I have had to sort out with the teacher this morning.

Then when we got home and I unpacked her school bag, there was a note from the school saying we hadn't paid for the school photo's so none had be printed ARGHH. By this time there wasn't any swearwords left I hadn't used. We have paid it and we have a record of it - so I have sent a curt e-mail to the photo company and I await their response.

At the 11th hour the pool company rang and said that the new posistion of the pool had been approved by the Shire over the phone, no extra cost and all back on for next Thurs !! So I then had to ring round all the interested parties and switch everything back on again. Then it was off out to horse riding and I finally sat down last night at about 9:30 pm to eat something. Oh and another walk for the dog, firmly on his lead, he knows now not to mess with a woman on the edge!!

The last few weeks since I last wrote have been just as frantic. I'm helping out at the school 3 times a week and having swimming lessons twice a week - with a practise session inbetween, that hasn't quite happened yet. And somewhere into all this I have to do some shopping..

I'm having a "I seriously miss M&S, Next, Wallis, John Lewis and H&M week" - just don't start me on it please, the food, the clothes, the smellies............. I have however got Wonder Wozza picking me up a truck load of stuff when he goes back to the UK (business training is in Holland so he is nipping over to the UK for a weekend) I just wish he could go round the shops with a webcam for me - as I just want to see inside!! He's not at all interested in going back to the UK apart from seeing family, what a waste!! I'd give my eye teeth for a days shopping in Newcastle.........

I'm ok really, just need a fix. One shining star in all this is that my FANTASTIC husband bought me a new car on Friday - I have my baby back. Those of you who know me and have read the diary before will know what it is. As one of my dear friends put it I am a shallow cow (ha ha), but I know that and to be back in the comfort blanket of my baby is bliss. I just sat in it on Sunday morning with the stero on full bast with the tears tumbling down my cheeks, I was home. You know me guys, you don't have to like me

And this is where the title of the diary come from, Imogen strode out, took one look at me promptly informed Warren that I was back on Planet Jill again !!. Geeze we laughed our heads off, but scary when your daughter sees you that emtional about a car.

So on life goes. There is always some drama when Warren is away and I'm sure this time is no exception. It's the 13th on Friday, I'm not going out, just in case.

Wish me luck that I get through the next 4 weeks in one piece and I'll update soon.

Jill

Hi Jill, thank you for your thread, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Dont you just hate those days where everything goes wrong? It`s a shame Warren cant take a web cam round the shops for you because that would be fantastic. Good look with your house build and pool and I hope we here from you again soon. Great thread
Thanks again
Julie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.