king size beds

Old Oct 17th 2004, 1:25 am
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

elksa will become famous soon enoughelksa will become famous soon enough
Default king size beds

I want to buy all my bedding before I go to oz as I've heard its alot cheaper over here. But can anyone tell me if they have king size or do they only have double beds out there?
Old Oct 17th 2004, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

chew is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: king size beds

these might help

http://www.afifurniture.com/bedding/bedding_index.html

http://online.kmart.com.au/store_info/default.htm?ct=13

http://www.bigw.com.au/
Old Oct 17th 2004, 2:03 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by elksa
I want to buy all my bedding before I go to oz as I've heard its alot cheaper over here. But can anyone tell me if they have king size or do they only have double beds out there?

We have a King sized bed, before that we had a Queen. As far as I'm aware they're standard sized. The duvets over here are certainly not up to scratch, so bring your own
Old Oct 17th 2004, 3:18 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by elksa
This may be of use to you: A UK queen size bed may not be the same size as an Australian Queen size.

Australian Bed Sizes:
These Mattress sizes from : http://www.latexmattress.com.au/products.htm

Single 1880 x 915mm
King Single 2030 x 1070mm
Double 1880 x 1370mm
Queen 2030 x 1520mm
King 2030 x 1830mm

Old Oct 17th 2004, 3:27 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Generally - UK King = Aussie Queen, UK Queen = Aussie Double (established this from trying to get my bedclothes on the beds!) UK double = oversized Aussie single.
Bring all your bedding, if necessary buy new and bring it....especially your duvets/doonas. Michelle and I discussed this Friday night - if you hold an Aussie doona up to the light its so thin you can see right through it! Guess what I'm shipping back from the UK next trip.
Old Oct 17th 2004, 3:50 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Generally - UK King = Aussie Queen, UK Queen = Aussie Double (established this from trying to get my bedclothes on the beds!) UK double = oversized Aussie single.
Bring all your bedding, if necessary buy new and bring it....especially your duvets/doonas. Michelle and I discussed this Friday night - if you hold an Aussie doona up to the light its so thin you can see right through it! Guess what I'm shipping back from the UK next trip.

That makes sense, when my friend was here she said she thought our King looked bigger than hers! I've not brought any bedding over here so I wouldn't know, just know they have the different sizes!

Blokey has added this to 'my list' now, along with; top-loaders, cheese, curtains and now duvets! I keep telling him, its not that I don't like those things here, they're just different to what I'm used to. I tried to soften him up a little by making a new list of all the things over here that are better than the UK as well
Old Oct 17th 2004, 3:57 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mlbonner
That makes sense, when my friend was here she said she thought our King looked bigger than hers! I've not brought any bedding over here so I wouldn't know, just know they have the different sizes!

Blokey has added this to 'my list' now, along with; top-loaders, cheese, curtains and now duvets! I keep telling him, its not that I don't like those things here, they're just different to what I'm used to. I tried to soften him up a little by making a new list of all the things over here that are better than the UK as well
We really have to get him and The Bloke together so they can compare lists - I'm sure they will be the same! Did you hear Barbara on the subject of cheese on Friday night - being Swiss, she is suffering worse than us!!!
Old Oct 17th 2004, 4:02 am
part-time Visa Angel!

Originally Posted by Pollyana
We really have to get him and The Bloke together so they can compare lists - I'm sure they will be the same! Did you hear Barbara on the subject of cheese on Friday night - being Swiss, she is suffering worse than us!!!

I know, poor love. She offered to bring "holey cheese" for us one time too