Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I guess this is goodbye.

I guess this is goodbye.

Old Oct 12th 2004, 9:25 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy I guess this is goodbye.

My agent just called and she is as upset as I am. The caseworker has indeed refused our application. Basically we had to initially lodge under the skill matching scheme so that we had something lodged before Haydn turned 30 on July 13. In the meantime we applied for state nomination from SA and that came back very quickly. Great we thought...we can now apply for SIR. Haydn turned 30 and I believe we actually lodged our SA application around July 30. This was all ok, we were assured that there would be no problem as we had something lodged before his 30th. Howver now DIMIA are saying that they are two seperate visas (duh-as if we didnt know that) and we cannot transfer them, therefore they can only use the date of lodgment for the SIR visa and we are then 5 MEASLEY BLOODY POINTS SHORT and therefore REFUSED. Thats it. case closed. bloody bastards. These are peoples lives they are messing and toying with. How cruel is that after we spent all that money, the rest of our savings. flying out to Adelaide and falling in love with it. So now we have nothing. No savings and our dreams are ruined. I am devestated and heartbroken and cannot stob sobbing. My agent, bless her is trying to tempt us with NZ, but we have our hearts set on Adelaide. Life is so cruel.

And you know what else pisses me off? If Id known we had no chance, I would have not spent all our savings trying and therefore could have had a longer maternity leave with Toby.

Last edited by lucyb; Oct 12th 2004 at 9:33 am.
Old Oct 12th 2004, 9:32 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I guess this is goodbye.

Oh Lucy.....I don't know what to say....I'm so sorry. What a complete kick in the teeth for you both.. I'm sure others will post more useful messages for you but I'm really lost for words...so sorry
Old Oct 12th 2004, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

mysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of light
Unhappy Re: I guess this is goodbye.

Lucy,

I am absolutely gutted for you, I can't imagine what you're feeling.

Is there no alternatives left?

There isn't anything I can say really, except I'm thinking of you, and sending big hugs.

[[[x]]]

Nikki
xx
Old Oct 12th 2004, 9:41 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lucyb
My agent just called and she is as upset as I am. The caseworker has indeed refused our application. Basically we had to initially lodge under the skill matching scheme so that we had something lodged before Haydn turned 30 on July 13. In the meantime we applied for state nomination from SA and that came back very quickly. Great we thought...we can now apply for SIR. Haydn turned 30 and I believe we actually lodged our SA application around July 30. This was all ok, we were assured that there would be no problem as we had something lodged before his 30th. Howver now DIMIA are saying that they are two seperate visas (duh-as if we didnt know that) and we cannot transfer them, therefore they can only use the date of lodgment for the SIR visa and we are then 5 MEASLEY BLOODY POINTS SHORT and therefore REFUSED. Thats it. case closed. bloody bastards. These are peoples lives they are messing and toying with. How cruel is that after we spent all that money, the rest of our savings. flying out to Adelaide and falling in love with it. So now we have nothing. No savings and our dreams are ruined. I am devestated and heartbroken and cannot stob sobbing. My agent, bless her is trying to tempt us with NZ, but we have our hearts set on Adelaide. Life is so cruel.

And you know what else pisses me off? If Id known we had no chance, I would have not spent all our savings trying and therefore could have had a longer maternity leave with Toby.
oh i am so sorry words fail me i mean your so young i dont understand it surely there is another way of getting in we are going on STNI and Colin is 44 hasnt your agent given you any other options?

Kay
Old Oct 12th 2004, 9:48 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Are you short on the SIR points?
Old Oct 12th 2004, 9:48 am
G'day Mate

Boomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of light

Oh my god :scared:

Im not really sure what to say Lucy, we have spoken a few times ( chatroom and over PMs ) and I know you were really looking forward on moving and the kids were happy, and now this…

Life sometimes can be cruel, and for them ( immigration ) we are just a number, they can always go elsewhere, that’s my interpretation. It’s not nice specially when there is two small kids involved.

Wishing you all the best, and if there is anything we can help just gives us a shout.

xx
Pedro
Old Oct 12th 2004, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by seang
Are you short on the SIR points?
Yes becuase now Haydn is 30 we are officially 5 points short and my occupation isnt worth anything nor are my qualifications ( I have an HND in Travel and Tourism Management and have worked for Kuoni for 8 years) Im on the DIMIA website desperately trying to find a way round this ! Jeremy HELP! I feel they are nit picking and being quite petty and also moving the goalposts.
Old Oct 12th 2004, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

That's shite lucy.
Sorry to hear your news, hopefully someone can bring to your attention another possibility.

maybe new zealand wouldn't be such a bad idea if all else fails.

Paul.
Old Oct 12th 2004, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future

Yes becuase now Haydn is 30 we are officially 5 points short and my occupation isnt worth anything nor are my qualifications ( I have an HND in Travel and Tourism Management and have worked for Kuoni for 8 years) Im on the DIMIA website desperately trying to find a way round this ! Jeremy HELP! I feel they are nit picking and being quite petty and also moving the goalposts.

Hi Lucy,

what is Haydn's trade and is it on any of the occupations in demand lists for SA, Vic or Tas, if it is and as along as you have 70 pts or more you can be sponsered by the respective gov and be granted a permanent residency visa under the STNI scheme

good luck Andy
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

lucy,

Have sent you a PM.

D D
Forum Regular

of2oz is on a distinguished road

absolutley gutted for you, you must be devastated, i,m sure there is some one on this site who can offer some hope of getting to oz, when you have calmed down look at all the options one by one, keep your chin up, we are all on your side, good luck from steve and family.
Old Oct 12th 2004, 10:14 am
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road

Oh Lucy

I really don't know what to say. I am so sorry your dreams have been shattered.

Hopefully someone may come up with another solution.

I know that our visa app has always been on a thin line, we have always had it in our mind that if things go wrong it isn't the end of the world, just means we have to focus our lives on doing something else.

Stay positive Lucy and take care

Julia
Old Oct 12th 2004, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by andy thomas
Hi Lucy,

what is Haydn's trade and is it on any of the occupations in demand lists for SA, Vic or Tas, if it is and as along as you have 70 pts or more you can be sponsered by the respective gov and be granted a permanent residency visa under the STNI scheme

good luck Andy

They have soem of the most random occupations I have ever heard of on there, but sadly not my husbands. (officially a sports administrator he is assistant manager of a huge leisure centre in Sussex.) DAMMIT there has to be some way we can take this higher and complain.
Old Oct 12th 2004, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future

They have soem of the most random occupations I have ever heard of on there, but sadly not my husbands. (officially a sports administrator he is assistant manager of a huge leisure centre in Sussex.) DAMMIT there has to be some way we can take this higher and complain.

Lucy, what is the code he was allocated for this occupation when you submitted his skills assessment.

Andy
Old Oct 12th 2004, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by andy thomas
Lucy, what is the code he was allocated for this occupation when you submitted his skills assessment.

Andy
1299-19 sports adminstrator

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.