Internal checks on 136 skills visa

Old Oct 5th 2004, 8:45 am
Just Joined

ads02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Internal checks on 136 skills visa

Dear All,

I have been a spectator on this site for a few days, and have a question for your valued input. My application has taken unusually long and hence I am seeking your advice.

I had applied for my skills assessment to ACS in late 2001 and received a successful reply in March 2002. The application for immigration was then lodged in June 2002. In Nov 2003 I received a request for medicals, and had to provide further documents (company tax documents as I am self employed, etc.). In May 2004 I received a pre-grant advice from DIMIA informing that the visa application was in its final stage, and that the deadline for initial entry was set at 30th Sept 2004.

Since then, I have been chasing up DIMIA for the final approval since we were approaching the deadline. I was informed that they were conducting some internal checks which was a normal procedure. In early September 2004 an aussie immigration officer visited my office and those of a few references that I had provided in my initial application. Following this I got a request for further documents like company transactions with regard to the said references, etc. I had been given until 15th Oct 2004 to provide these documents, and I have done the neeedful by 5th Oct 2004.

1) Are internal checks a normal procedure - has anyone else been through them?

2) Since we have crossed the initial deadline of 30th Sept 2004, is there any chance that DIMIA may extend the deadline?

3) Say, if the visas are granted, how long would I have to make my initial entry to validate them?

I will appreciate feedback on the above and comments from anyone who has been in a similar situation...

Thanks.

ads02

Last edited by ads02; Oct 5th 2004 at 8:47 am.
Old Oct 5th 2004, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice
Default Re: Internal checks on 136 skills visa

Are you applying from the UK? Maybe the region u r applying from makes a difference (country not county of course!)

SS
Old Oct 5th 2004, 5:51 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ads02
Dear All,

I have been a spectator on this site for a few days, and have a question for your valued input. My application has taken unusually long and hence I am seeking your advice.

I had applied for my skills assessment to ACS in late 2001 and received a successful reply in March 2002. The application for immigration was then lodged in June 2002. In Nov 2003 I received a request for medicals, and had to provide further documents (company tax documents as I am self employed, etc.). In May 2004 I received a pre-grant advice from DIMIA informing that the visa application was in its final stage, and that the deadline for initial entry was set at 30th Sept 2004.

Since then, I have been chasing up DIMIA for the final approval since we were approaching the deadline. I was informed that they were conducting some internal checks which was a normal procedure. In early September 2004 an aussie immigration officer visited my office and those of a few references that I had provided in my initial application. Following this I got a request for further documents like company transactions with regard to the said references, etc. I had been given until 15th Oct 2004 to provide these documents, and I have done the neeedful by 5th Oct 2004.

1) Are internal checks a normal procedure - has anyone else been through them?

2) Since we have crossed the initial deadline of 30th Sept 2004, is there any chance that DIMIA may extend the deadline?

3) Say, if the visas are granted, how long would I have to make my initial entry to validate them?

I will appreciate feedback on the above and comments from anyone who has been in a similar situation...

Thanks.

ads02

Hi Ads,

They've obviously had serious concerns about the integrity of your documents. This can arise in a number of ways, most likely there were perceived inconsistencies between documents; less likely, you've been the subject of a dob-in. Either way, it seems most likely you'll need to do some final processing again. DIMIA has a discretion to extend medical and character tests for up to three months but it's less common with ASPC than it was when skilled applications were processed regionally.

You're from India? Where's your office?

Anyway, to answer your questions:

1) Yes
2) A little
3) Depends on when you do your medical and character clearances again...

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Oct 6th 2004, 6:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi Ads,

They've obviously had serious concerns about the integrity of your documents. This can arise in a number of ways, most likely there were perceived inconsistencies between documents; less likely, you've been the subject of a dob-in.

You're from India? Where's your office?
Thanks for your response. I am an analyst programmer applying from Kenya. Please advise what you mean by "dob-in".

ads02
Old Oct 6th 2004, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Dob-in means that some one has grassed you up to DIMIA (if you have a murky past!). Most likely DIMIA are doing a thorough investigation of your documents.

SS
Old Oct 6th 2004, 7:12 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ads02
Thanks for your response. I am an analyst programmer applying from Kenya. Please advise what you mean by "dob-in".

ads02
Hi Ads,

A "dobber" here is someone who tells on you, a "snitch". Being African is probably part of the problem, however. Nothing much you can do except be patient.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Oct 6th 2004, 7:36 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi Ads,

Being African is probably part of the problem, however.

Cheers,

George Lombard
My assurance is that I have provided all 100% genuine documents. In that sense, if the outcome is negative, I would make an appeal. I hope this forum will guide me accordingly...

I am a Kenyan Asian (of Indian origin but born & bred in Kenya.)

Cheers.
Old Oct 6th 2004, 5:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

If everything is 100% genuine then you will have nowt to worry about. DIMIA carry out further "internal" checks on applications from some countries where there is a high rate of fraudulent applications such as Africa, India and Asia. I believe there is a whole department within ASPC devoted to investigating fraud.

Cheers

SS
Old Oct 7th 2004, 8:52 am
Just Joined

Thanks George and SS for your feedback. Ever since I got the pre-grant letter I have been making arrangements to pack up and go, and now everything seems uncertain.

DIMIA had asked for this last batch of further information after which the CO would proceed to make a decision. Since we have crossed the deadline for initial entry (as requested by CO) how long do you think it would take the CO to reach a decision from the time they receive our documents?
Old Oct 7th 2004, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maybe you should email your CO and explian that the initial entry date has been passed. This does sound rather strange.

SS