Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Holiday? What bloody holiday???

Holiday? What bloody holiday???

Old Sep 25th 2004, 8:20 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Holiday? What bloody holiday???

Just thought I would post an update on whats been happening in the world of Hels & The Hubby.

Last update, we were here in Florida and things were tense with our friend who had lost her hubby. But all in all, we were having a relaxing time and catching up on sleep, which was the main plan.

We had planned to leave her house on Wednesday morning to go for a few more relaxing days down the Keys and eat some good seafood and swim with Dolphins etc.....However, I decided that a few days in the Hospital was a much better way of spending my holidays!!

Yup, ended up in Hospital for 3 nights having to have surgery to remove my gall bladder! Am doing ok, just a wee bit sore but have had some awesome pain medication...

Got out of hospital this morning and are currently sitting out the back with a group of people having a Hurricane BBQ!! We got Hurricane Jeanne just a few miles off the coast from us at the moment and due to hit just a little bit north of us sometime in the next few hours.

Will probably be in Florida now until at least the end of the week. We were meant to be flying to Oz on Tuesday, but the Doctors wont give me a letter saying I am ok to fly until at least Thursday.

Hels

PS, for all of those considering using Go Walkabout for their travel insurance, I can highly recommend them. They have been fantastic through everything we are having to use them for at the moment!!
Old Sep 25th 2004, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Holiday? What bloody holiday???

God hels so sorry to hear your bad luck hope your feeling better soon

Hope you get the ok from doctor soon, the sooner the better!! sod hurrican Jeanne

Get well soon Sue2
Old Sep 25th 2004, 8:35 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey Hels, that's some dramatic excuses for delaying going to Aus. Couldn't you have just "lost" your passport ?

Don't lose anything else in the hurricaine and recover soon. Best wishes
Old Sep 25th 2004, 8:41 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hels
Yup, ended up in Hospital for 3 nights having to have surgery to remove my gall bladder! Am doing ok, just a wee bit sore but have had some awesome pain medication...
Bloody hell!! Don't do things by halves do ya? Hope you're feeling well enough to go home soon.
Old Sep 25th 2004, 9:15 pm
Go Banana's !!

Sorry to hear about your trauma's Hels. Poor Paul as well. It can't be an easy time. Knowing you though you're probably still smiling !!

Good luck with the rest of the trip.

Best wishes

Warren

Old Sep 25th 2004, 10:05 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Holy smokes! Not part of your original plans I take it!

Here's to a speedy recovery.......and a slightly delayed start to your Aussie adventure!
Old Sep 25th 2004, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

anypan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope your ok Helen,

We have wondered how you are as your not on line recently. Hope all is ok now an you will be ok to get home asap. Angela and myself will be thinking about you until we know your home safe.

E-mail us when you have a chance and we look forward to seeing you in Melbourne when we get there in 26 days (23rd onwards).

May not be relevant at the moment, but

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY" for Monday, we'll have a beer or 2 for you on Sunday night to bring it in.

Are you on your UK number at the moment or not?

Speak to you in OZ soon,

Sean
Old Sep 25th 2004, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Hels,

What can I say??? Get well soon.
Old Sep 25th 2004, 11:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: Holiday? What bloody holiday???

Hels , I'm not laughing mate , honestly !!!!!

How can one person have so much luck !?!

No wonder you haven't answered my e-mails !

Take care of yourself and watch those stitches - did they do it keyhole or gaping big wound ? :scared:

Oh ..and watch out for those hurricanes -----UNBELIEVABLE !!!!!!

B-I-G LOVE - virtual hug-

Tass. x
Old Sep 26th 2004, 2:10 pm
Account Closed

Tass.....You bloody wally!!! You made me laugh hard enough when reading your post that if I had stitches they woulda burst!! They did it keyhole, but they had to do 5 little bloody keyholes!! I got your emails, but thought it was easier to post on here as I had a few wondering where we were!!

Anypan, will email ya

Thanks everyone for your well wishes. I am doing ok, still a little uncomfortable, but not in pain anymore. We had a great time last night with our little hurricane party. Would have been better had I been able to have a few

The area we are in got off pretty lightly, although there are trees down and powerlines, the house we are in had no damage.

I will be online now until we leave at the end of the week for Oz. So will be able to keep in touch with everyone.

~hugs~

Hels
xxx
Old Sep 26th 2004, 6:26 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey Hels, don't you like an easy life. Thank god you were staying with friends though. It wouldn't have been much fun
if you were in a hotel.

Glad you are on the mend. Who needs a gall bladder anyway Please stay safe and don't let anything else happen.

How is your friend doing?
Old Sep 26th 2004, 8:11 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Blimey Hels, don't you like an easy life. Thank god you were staying with friends though. It wouldn't have been much fun
if you were in a hotel.

Glad you are on the mend. Who needs a gall bladder anyway Please stay safe and don't let anything else happen.

How is your friend doing?

An easy life would be way too boring for me!! As you can probably tell from most of the posts I have made on this forum nothing has run smoothly for us from the start of the whole process of trying to get my Hubby his visa. But that will teach me for meeting and marrying a bloody pom, huh?

Our friend is getting by day at a time. She is away at the moment and we are housesitting with her usual housesitters and they are really cool people. We are just hanging out at the house as I still cant do too much.
Old Sep 26th 2004, 8:19 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hels
As you can probably tell from most of the posts I have made on this forum nothing has run smoothly for us from the start of the whole process of trying to get my Hubby his visa.
Hels,
It will make it all the sweeter when you get home and things start to rock for you.
Old Sep 26th 2004, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

OMG Hels I go away for a weekend and return to read this saga. You poor thing! Another friend of mine in Melbourne has just recently had her Gall bladder removed too. She was back at work in no time the recovery time so quick. But its a timely reminder to her (and the rest of us ) that our bodies really don't like the fatty suggery foods we eat!
Hope you haven't completely missed those dolphins?
I Went to an amazing school reunion last night- Will pm you tomorrow I need some sleep!
Helinuk
Old Sep 26th 2004, 10:49 pm
Account Closed

Bix, Ya know what...even after everything that has gone wrong, it still hasnt spoiled my enthusiasm for this whole process including the trip and getting home. Sometimes, I do just sit there and wonder....but then I think about how bad others have it and to date, nothing that has gone wrong has THAT bad!!!

As I say, what dont kill ya, makes ya stronger!!

Helen, you should know better than to go away and come back and NOT expect to find that some kind of disaster has happened in my life!! But its all good, and your right, it was all down to one heck of a nice T-Bone that my gall bladder decided it wanted out!! But I wouldnt have missed that T-Bone for anything!!

Not sure about the Dolphins yet, am gonna see how I feel in a couple of days and decide then. Will all depend on when we can fly out of here and when the Doc says I can do thinks like swim and stuff....Will let ya know though...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.