Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS / EAD / AP submitted in Phoenix

AOS / EAD / AP submitted in Phoenix

Old Jun 16th 2004, 4:49 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default AOS / EAD / AP submitted in Phoenix

Hi All,

I have now joined the ranks of all the folks waiting for NOA's, biometrics appointments, and all the frustra...oops, I mean fun stuff that goes on now!

Here's how I did in my submittal package, specific to Phoenix, Arizona requirements:

One big envelope addressed to the local office, with 3 smaller envelopes inside, labled for AOS, EAD, and AP each. A main cover letter, with a separate cover letter/table of contents for each individual envelope, with a statement on each letter indicating all photocopies are true copies of the originals which are to be presented at the interview. ADIT photos were placed in ziploc sandwich baggies, with name and A-number printed in pencil on the back of each one.

AOS Envelope contains:
Form I-485
check for $315 for I-485
check for $70 to cover biometrics
photocopy of I-797 (NOA2)
photocopy of certified copy of marriage certificate
photocopy of I-94, front and back
photocopy of alien birth certificate and English translation
photocopy of alien passport and K-1 visa
two ADIT style photos
G-325A for alien
I-864 w/supporting docs (employment letter, current pay stub, and 3 years tax returns - all photocopies)
photocopy of USC certified birth certificate
photocopy of dissolution of prior marriage(s).

EAD Envelope contains:
Form I-765
check for $175 for I-765
two ADIT style photos
photocopy of I-485 to prove submission

AP Envelope contains:
Form I-131
check for $165 for I-131
photocopy of passport and K-1 visa
two ADIT style photos
typewritten statement in answer to Part 7, explanation of reason for obtaining AP.

Sent certified mail, return receipt requested, on June 15, 2004.

Special thanks to Karen D. for providing such a detailed list of her submission which I referred to endlessly

Looking forward to the journey along with fellow AOS-ers.....

Rene
Old Jun 16th 2004, 5:11 pm
not a newbie

soulsender is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOS / EAD / AP submitted in Phoenix

Originally posted by Noorah101
Hi All,

I have now joined the ranks of all the folks waiting for NOA's, biometrics appointments, and all the frustra...oops, I mean fun stuff that goes on now!

Here's how I did in my submittal package, specific to Phoenix, Arizona requirements:

One big envelope addressed to the local office, with 3 smaller envelopes inside, labled for AOS, EAD, and AP each. A main cover letter, with a separate cover letter/table of contents for each individual envelope, with a statement on each letter indicating all photocopies are true copies of the originals which are to be presented at the interview. ADIT photos were placed in ziploc sandwich baggies, with name and A-number printed in pencil on the back of each one.

AOS Envelope contains:
Form I-485
check for $315 for I-485
two ADIT style photos
G-325A for alien
I-864 w/supporting docs (employment letter, current pay stub, and 3 years tax returns - all photocopies)

EAD Envelope contains:
Form I-765
check for $175 for I-765
two ADIT style photos

AP Envelope contains:
Form I-131
check for $165 for I-131
two ADIT style photos
typewritten statement in answer to Part 7, explanation of reason for obtaining AP.

Special thanks to Karen D. for providing such a detailed list of her submission which I referred to endlessly

Rene
good to know rene! can you email me that list? or did you just post it and I'm to ignorant to realize it?
Old Jun 16th 2004, 5:31 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by soulsender
good to know rene! can you email me that list? or did you just post it and I'm to ignorant to realize it?
Do you mean Karen D's list? She posted it on here a few months ago...try doing a search for posts by KarenD. I'll do the same, and if I find it, I'll post it here.

Rene
Old Jun 16th 2004, 5:37 pm

Do you mean Karen D's list? She posted it on here a few months ago...try doing a search for posts by KarenD. I'll do the same, and if I find it, I'll post it here.

Rene
Here it is....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=187800
Old Jun 16th 2004, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

LucyMO has a spectacular aura aboutLucyMO has a spectacular aura aboutLucyMO has a spectacular aura about

what is this statement indicating all photocopies are true copies of the originals which are to be presented at the interview? is it required?
Old Jun 16th 2004, 6:00 pm

Originally posted by LucyMO
what is this statement indicating all photocopies are true copies of the originals which are to be presented at the interview? is it required?
Hi Lucy,

It's not required, but I've seen others include it, and thought it wasn't a bad idea. It's just a blurb in the cover letters that states....all photocopies are true copies of original documents which will be presented at the time of interview.

Rene
Old Jun 16th 2004, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

Zenas is a jewel in the roughZenas is a jewel in the roughZenas is a jewel in the roughZenas is a jewel in the roughZenas is a jewel in the rough

Hi there,

Please let me know the details of your fingerprinting there, how things are, any details you can think of in the future I might want to know of , and if you have it where it is located.

I hope to be AOSing in Phoenix by October.

thanks!!
Old Jun 16th 2004, 6:14 pm

Originally posted by Zenas
Hi there,

Please let me know the details of your fingerprinting there, how things are, any details you can think of in the future I might want to know of , and if you have it where it is located.

I hope to be AOSing in Phoenix by October.

thanks!!
No problem Zenas, I post all my experiences on here, so keep your eyes open for future postings. As you can see, I'm pretty good at providing details...LOL Glad I can provide a "one step ahead" scenario for you

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jun 16th 2004, 7:51 pm
not a newbie

Here it is....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=187800

thanks Rene (jeez and thanks original poster!), I'll keep it handy too. Looks like it's tucson office for me since we are/will be living in cochise county (starting around...oh...next weekend!!!).
Old Jun 16th 2004, 9:18 pm

thanks Rene (jeez and thanks original poster!), I'll keep it handy too. Looks like it's tucson office for me since we are/will be living in cochise county (starting around...oh...next weekend!!!).
WOO HOOOOO!!!! I'm still so happy for you guys! It will be interesting how the Tucson office differs from the Phoenix one...if at all.

By the way, I downloaded all the forms I needed for everything off the internet. I had a Phoenix-specific question about something, and come to find out there is NO help line here in Phoenix! The directions keep referring to the 800 misinformation line. So instead, I asked in here

Rene
Old Jun 16th 2004, 9:59 pm
not a newbie

By the way, I downloaded all the forms I needed for everything off the internet. I had a Phoenix-specific question about something, and come to find out there is NO help line here in Phoenix! The directions keep referring to the 800 misinformation line. So instead, I asked in here

Rene
Would That question have anything to do with what happens if your shoes melt into the tarmac while waiting in line? ;-)
Old Jun 16th 2004, 10:07 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

AOS Envelope contains:
Form I-485
check for $315 for I-485
two ADIT style photos
G-325A for alien

EAD Envelope contains:
Form I-765
check for $175 for I-765
two ADIT style photos

AP Envelope contains:
Form I-131
check for $165 for I-131
two ADIT style photos

Rene

Hey Rene!!

What a detailed list!! Thank you so much!
Good Luck with the fustra.. I mean fun!!
Old Jun 16th 2004, 10:08 pm

RussianGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck, Rene!!!!
Old Jun 16th 2004, 10:11 pm

Would That question have anything to do with what happens if your shoes melt into the tarmac while waiting in line? ;-)
I was wondering if I had time to cook my fried eggs on the sidewalk outside while waiting in line...LOL
Old Jun 16th 2004, 10:12 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

I was wondering if I had time to cook my fried eggs on the sidewalk outside while waiting in line...LOL
LOL Rene, bring some ham also. That's the only meat I eat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.