house hunting

Old Feb 29th 2004, 11:39 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default house hunting

Hi, We are hoping to move to Sydney in the next few months. I have a job in Randwick. Prices of rentals for a 4 bed home seem quite expensive compared with Sylvania waters. Its only 30 mins drive to work and rents a much cheaper.
Could anyone tell us if this is a good idea. Even any info on sylvania waters would be nice. Like, how many sec schools does it have and how close are they?
What we have seen of the area looks great, so any info would be great.
I would love to hear from anyone with other suggestions for areas to consider. I am lugging with me three teenagers so they must be taken into consideration.

Thanx
Soapy

Last edited by soapy©; Mar 1st 2004 at 12:02 am.
Old Mar 1st 2004, 1:56 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

I'll have to look and see what Sylvania Waters rents are like. Haven't ever looked there.
It's a pretty nice spot on the estuary. I would have thought rentals would be expensive.
Sutherland Shire in general is great, though your nippers might find it a bit tricky getting around without a car. There are a lot of junior sports teams down there if thats their sort of thing.
Cronulla is the nearest beach for surfing/cafes etc, but would be around 15-20minutes in the car.

For me to guess at better areas for you, you'd have to be a bit more specific about what you want/need.
I don't have anything to tell you about schools in the area I'm afraid.
Old Mar 1st 2004, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

Dawn Adams will become famous soon enough
Default Re: house hunting

Originally posted by soapy
Hi, We are hoping to move to Sydney in the next few months. I have a job in Randwick. Prices of rentals for a 4 bed home seem quite expensive compared with Sylvania waters. Its only 30 mins drive to work and rents a much cheaper.
Could anyone tell us if this is a good idea. Even any info on sylvania waters would be nice. Like, how many sec schools does it have and how close are they?
What we have seen of the area looks great, so any info would be great.
I would love to hear from anyone with other suggestions for areas to consider. I am lugging with me three teenagers so they must be taken into consideration.

Thanx
Soapy
Soapy,
Try advertising for a rental property on http://groups.msn.com/BritishExpats.../_whatsnew.msnw. You'll be surprised at how many ex-pats have property to let, but don't make it known on the general forum.

Same goes for jobs. If you express an interest in being employed, then expat employers will know where to look for you.

Regardless of whether you post or not, if you sign on to become a 'member' ( a mere formality), tick the box to have any new posts emailed directly to you.
Old Mar 1st 2004, 7:37 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

sorry to go off at a tangent here, but isnt sylvannia waters where they made a reality tv show?? wasnt there some awful gobby blond woman?
Im sure it was quite a few years ago though, so my memory may be slipping! Vaguely remember it looking very nice!!

sorry, no help at all to you I know!!

sue
Old Mar 1st 2004, 8:17 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Again not much help but friends are renting 2 storey townhouse-2 bed in Sy. Waters.-$340 week-new development.So for that money for 2 beds much of a much with Randwick.
TWT's - there was a TV program called Sylvania waters.Also was the area that the first family in new life downunder(remember that) lived in
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 8:12 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Thanx RichS.
we have looked into the area a bit more and it looks great. the schools look great too. the only drawback is the distance from randick. i was told 30mins but after contacting a mate in sydney he claims its more like an hour during the rush hour. we wont be traveling at that time so its fine.
our visas were granted yesterday so we just need to sell the house and we are off.
thanx again for your help
soapy
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 8:17 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Talking Re: house hunting

hi dawn i tried that link but it didnt work.
the whole idea is great ! if you can send it again it would be helpful.
its nice to know there are others out there to help.
thank you
soapy
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 8:19 pm
Master of verbal pish©

sorry sue i never really get the time to see the telly so i missed it.
buy hey, if thats the worst about the area , i think we can live with that.
thanx for the reply though

soapy
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 8:21 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanx RichS.
we have looked into the area a bit more and it looks great. the schools look great too. the only drawback is the distance from randick. i was told 30mins but after contacting a mate in sydney he claims its more like an hour during the rush hour. we wont be traveling at that time so its fine.
our visas were granted yesterday so we just need to sell the house and we are off.
thanx again for your help
soapy
If you head off early you will be ok. Just avoid moore park. You could also sneak through Maroubra.
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 8:23 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Talking

hi seang
i keep checking with estate agents in the area and it does seem u get far more for your money. i know it sounds strange, but its really dear to buy. i cant work it out.

soapy
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 8:25 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally posted by bondipom
If you head off early you will be ok. Just avoid moore park. You could also sneak through Maroubra.

thanx, i have been looking at maps and thought i could find a shortcut. every tip is great.
soapy
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

hi dawn i tried that link but it didnt work.
the whole idea is great ! if you can send it again it would be helpful.
its nice to know there are others out there to help.
thank you
soapy

http://groups.msn.com/BritishExpatsT...whatsnew.msnw?

Sorry about that. The address ends in a question mark, not a full stop.
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 8:34 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Wink Re: house hunting

Originally posted by Dawn Adams
http://groups.msn.com/BritishExpatsT...whatsnew.msnw?

Sorry about that. The address ends in a question mark, not a full stop.
thank you dawn, im looking at it now.

soapy
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

thank you dawn, im looking at it now.

soapy
Soapy, I've sent you a pm.....
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 10:38 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Wink Re: house hunting

dawn good luck with that new forum

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.