Migration Agents

Old Feb 14th 2004, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

EasyBourneGaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Migration Agents

Hi,
I visited Australia in 2001 on a working visa and really want to get back out there to live as I fell in love with the place. I have visited their Immigration website and various others, as well as reading loads of threads on this site which have helped me out no end.

My question is can anyone advise me on a good migration agent to use? I have booked tickets for the emigrate 2004 show, as I read that there will be loads at the exhibition there, but I am kinda keen to get everything moving now!
Thanx in advance
Gaz
Old Feb 14th 2004, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Re: Migration Agents

Originally posted by EasyBourneGaz
Hi,
I visited Australia in 2001 on a working visa and really want to get back out there to live as I fell in love with the place. I have visited their Immigration website and various others, as well as reading loads of threads on this site which have helped me out no end.

My question is can anyone advise me on a good migration agent to use? I have booked tickets for the emigrate 2004 show, as I read that there will be loads at the exhibition there, but I am kinda keen to get everything moving now!
Thanx in advance
Gaz

there is loads of agents out there, do a search and you will find the same names crop up time and time again!
Old Feb 14th 2004, 5:07 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

Alan Collett who's gomatilda always seems to get rave reviews and George Lombards name seems to pop up frequently you should find their websites somewhere on the forum.

Good luck
Old Feb 14th 2004, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

madankumars is an unknown quantity at this point

is Workpermit.com a good agent? Has anyone gone through them?
Old Feb 15th 2004, 6:44 pm
Jaj

You could try an Australia based agent, or if you really want someone UK
based, then Ian Harrop has a good reputation.

Jeremy

EasyBourneGaz wrote:

> Hi,
    > I visited Australia in 2001 on a working visa and really want to get
    > back out there to live as I fell in love with the place. I have visited
    > their Immigration website and various others, as well as reading loads
    > of threads on this site which have helped me out no end.
    >
    > My question is
    > can anyone advise me on a good migration agent to use? I have booked
    > tickets for the emigrate 2004 show, as I read that there will be loads
    > at the exhibition there, but I am kinda keen to get everything moving
    > now!
    > Thanx in advance
    > Gaz
    >
    >

--
This is not intended to be legal advice in any jurisdiction

Old Feb 15th 2004, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

what are the advantages/disadvantages of having an Australia based agent as opposed to an UK based one?
Old Feb 15th 2004, 9:40 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Advantages:
- cost, as Aussie-based agents are likely to be cheaper than those in the UK
- Aussie-based agents are usually likely to receive correspondence from the Department of Immigration sooner than an agent in the UK
- certainty of agent being registered (as agents based outside Australia need not be registered by the regulatory body, the MARA)

Disadvantages:
- wrong time zone, which can make telephone communication difficult (not so much of an issue these days with email)

Fortunately we have people in both places!

Best regards.

Originally posted by madankumars
what are the advantages/disadvantages of having an Australia based agent as opposed to an UK based one?
Old Feb 16th 2004, 1:01 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

It is the agents experience and reputation in helping people from the UK in your profession and going for your visa type that counts.
Old Feb 16th 2004, 1:09 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Is anyone there registered with the Australian regulatory body, the MARA? See www.themara.com.au.

Best regards.

is Workpermit.com a good agent? Has anyone gone through them?
Old Feb 16th 2004, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

Workpermit.com says its registered with OISC (Office of Immigration Services Commissioner) UK instead of MARA.

They've said that being registered with OISC gives me an advantage.... that If I have any complaints I can file it in OISC London instead of MARA Sydney.

They've also offered a moneyback guarentee....
Old Feb 16th 2004, 6:10 am
Migration Agent

I've not heard that one before ... it would be interesting to know (for example) whether being registered with the OISC requires them to maintain competence with Australian immigration law and to demonstrate the fact through attendance at relevant courses.

So far as I know (and I'm happy to be corrected on this) the OISC's remit is to oversee those advising in the UK in respect of migration to the UK - in other words they are the UK's equivalent of the MARA.

Best regards.

Workpermit.com says its registered with OISC (Office of Immigration Services Commissioner) UK instead of MARA.

They've said that being registered with OISC gives me an advantage.... that If I have any complaints I can file it in OISC London instead of MARA Sydney.

Old Feb 16th 2004, 6:10 am
Just Joined

ajayxyz is an unknown quantity at this point

Madankumars,

I have read in the other forum that you have got HSMP and have migrated to UK.

You are working now as a .NET architect and now you want to apply for AU migration as a MCSE.

what do you actually want ,that means you were lying in the other board. RIGHT.
Old Feb 16th 2004, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

hahaha.. whats there to lie in this?

i was working in australia until december '03. was in sydney for 3 yrs +.

i just applied for HSMP (for the heck of it) in nov '03 and i got it.

i am now in the UK working as a .NET architect.

i think australia is million times a better place to live than the UK (no offence to anyone).

so i want to go back now.

it was not until jan '04 that i had 6 years experience, so i never could apply for my AUS PR until now.

infact i applied for ACS sometime Oct '02 and it got rejected.

i am now looking for an agent who can help me to get my AUS PR... and am finding out if there'll be any problems because I had an ACS rejection.
Old Feb 16th 2004, 6:25 am
Just Joined

ajayxyz is an unknown quantity at this point

hahaha.. whats there to lie in this?

i was working in australia until december '03. was in sydney for 3 yrs +.

i just applied for HSMP (for the heck of it) in nov '03 and i got it.

i am now in the UK working as a .NET architect.

i think australia is million times a better place to live than the UK (no offence to anyone).

so i want to go back now.

it was not until jan '04 that i had 6 years experience, so i never could apply for my AUS PR until now.

infact i applied for ACS sometime Oct '02 and it got rejected.

i am now looking for an agent who can help me to get my AUS PR... and am finding out if there'll be any problems because I had an ACS rejection.

you are working as a .net architect, what has MCSE to do with that.If you were waiting untill jan 04 to accumulate 6 yrs experience and you have worked in australia as a mcse then your recent work experience is different.
Old Feb 16th 2004, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by ajayxyz
you are working as a .net architect, what has MCSE to do with that.If you were waiting untill jan 04 to accumulate 6 yrs experience and you have worked in australia as a mcse then your recent work experience is different.

I would have worked if I had work to do! My contract was finishing in december so I had to make alternative plans and thats why the HSMP.

Also DIMIA has made changes to 457 visa recently.... there cannot be any intermediaries in the contract of employment. if u r on a 457 visa then the end client must directly employ you. so this effectively rules out "management" companies. i was sponsored by a management company and was contracting.

MCSE is for applying AUS PR. If you have an MCSE then you can apply for assessment under Group B of ACS (provided you have 6+ years experience).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.