Pop Quiz!

Old Nov 24th 2003, 2:36 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pop Quiz!

I watched a tv show today that showed you how to deep fry your turkey for Thanksgiving, then saw the Turkey friers on sale (for $28) in Target.

So my question to you is..... Why does America have a problem with Obesity?

Patrick
Old Nov 24th 2003, 3:25 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pop Quiz!

Maybe they should only have Thanksgiving every second year? Do you think that would help?
Old Nov 24th 2003, 3:27 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pulaski
Maybe they should only have Thanksgiving every second year? Do you think that would help?
Every second year and roast the turkey maybe, deep fried turkey, I can feel my arteries hardening just writing it!
Old Nov 24th 2003, 3:33 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Patrick
Every second year and roast the turkey maybe, deep fried turkey, I can feel my arteries hardening just writing it!
Surely most of the problem is that people are having deep fried Turkey on the Thursday of Thanksgiving, instead of every other Thursday of the year when they spend the evening at the local all-you-can-eat buffet.
Old Nov 24th 2003, 12:46 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

I watched a tv show today that showed you how to deep fry your turkey for Thanksgiving, then saw the Turkey friers on sale (for $28) in Target.

Patrick
Here's my 5c.

Reasons are:
saturated & hydrogenated fats in so many foods
popularity of consuming fried foods at every opportunity (esp. fried chicken, doughnuts, fries, chips (crisps) )
corn syrup as the prevalent form of sugar in almost every food imagineable
Lack of opportunities to walk combined with poor or non-existent public transport

and not forgetting

food manufacturers having a too cosy relationship with federal government meaning legislation (such as food labelling and what can be put into foods) takes forever to be passed and enacted or just dies and never comes to fruition

NC Penguin
Old Nov 24th 2003, 12:55 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

Patrick
I heard on the news that 15 homes burnt to the ground last Thanksgiving! Cause... Turkey friers!
Old Nov 24th 2003, 12:57 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by NC Penguin
Here's my 5c.

takes forever to be passed and enacted or just dies and never comes to fruition

NC Penguin
Hey at least you mentioned fruit!
Old Nov 24th 2003, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of

Patrick
Your average american is an extremely lazy person. How much time does it take to come home from work and rustle up a healthy dinner? I do it every night from scratch, yet my neighbour and his family go out to eat every single night, and the wife does not work.

I watched a program on tv the other night, where a school teacher took the kids she taught to a restaurant kitchen, because she discovered that the kids had never seen fresh vegetables , One kid thought that a baby carrot was a cheeto! Is that sad or what?
Old Nov 24th 2003, 7:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Probably also has something to do with healthy foods being that much more expensive over here. Buying 12 burger patties that have just 15% fat compared to ones that have 20 to 25% can be a few dollars more expensive.
Old Nov 24th 2003, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

As you have all gathered by now i'm working as a brekky host in a hotel ... its a Hilton group hotel so not ur super8 our breakfast consists of 26 items amongst them are ... doughnuts .. sugared and plain, danish pastries, waffles, french toast, raisin toast and on and on and on .. we do have fruit but the most popular choice is french toast and syrup and a couple of doughnuts ... now ask again why Americans have a problem with obesity ??

*sigh*
Jan
Old Nov 24th 2003, 8:59 pm
Up Yir Kilt

scotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of light

Beacuse they live in Hotels?