Help needed for those magical points

Old Sep 6th 2003, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute
Default Help needed for those magical points

Any help is greatly appreciated

I only have 110 points I need those magic extra 5

I am currently looking into emigration to Queensland particularly the Gold Coast area, and would appreciate any advice anyone can give us
I am a timeserved Sheetmetalworker, My wife is a qualified Chef and we both have all appropriate Qualifications (City & Guilds)
My Age is 35, My wife's age is 33 unfortunately my wife hasn't worked in her trade for at least 4 years due to the fact we have 3 children aged 10,5,2

I have looked into options and it appears my only viable ones are invest 100,000 dollars in a government bond (cant afford to) or choose Victoria (doesn't particularly appeal to us)
Old Sep 6th 2003, 10:18 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help needed for those magical points

Have you thought about applying for a State Nomination? It would mean you can't go to the Gold Coast for a couple of years (as QLD doesn't operate a system of State Nomination) => you would need to look at moving to SA or VIC (where your occupation seems to be on their wanted lists).

The benefit of going down the Skilled - State Nominated Independent visa route is that you "only" need the Skilled Independent pool mark of 70 points. And an application for this visa is usually processed as a priority - our Skilled - STNI visa clients tend to see a visa grant about 4 months after lodgement of their visa application.

More info here:
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=271
http://www.gomatilda.com/visas/skilled_migration.cfm

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by Dicko
Any help is greatly appreciated

I only have 110 points I need those magic extra 5

I am currently looking into emigration to Queensland particularly the Gold Coast area, and would appreciate any advice anyone can give us
I am a timeserved Sheetmetalworker, My wife is a qualified Chef and we both have all appropriate Qualifications (City & Guilds)
My Age is 35, My wife's age is 33 unfortunately my wife hasn't worked in her trade for at least 4 years due to the fact we have 3 children aged 10,5,2

I have looked into options and it appears my only viable ones are invest 100,000 dollars in a government bond (cant afford to) or choose Victoria (doesn't particularly appeal to us)
Old Sep 6th 2003, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

steve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to all
Default Re: Help needed for those magical points

Hi

Alan's advice is good advice.

We also were looking at going to Brisbane and have now decided to go to Adelaide instead.

We have friends in Brissie who think the job market is slow and the cost of living is cheaper in Adelaide as well.

We've been to the Sunshine Coast twice now and love it but think we will be better off in Adelaide for the first two years until we get citizenship and then we will reassess. We've also been to Adelaide twice. I've also got my brother in Adelaide, which will help us a great deal with the settling in.

Check out SA, its got a lot going for it. Big City life, beautiful Beaches, the Adelaide 500 if you like cars, festivals, great markets, nice suburbs and the Barossa Valley not too far away.