Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

No chance without degree - REALLY?

No chance without degree - REALLY?

Old Sep 21st 2011, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

Suspended is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No chance without degree - REALLY?

I was working on the possibility of Australia but am now in the States on business and the company I'm working for has opportunities here (California).

I checked the sticky and it seems from the flow chart that I have no chance whatsoever without a degree.

Is that really the case?

I'm also no millionaire and by no stretch a genius...
Old Sep 21st 2011, 5:08 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No chance without degree - REALLY?

Originally Posted by Suspended
I was working on the possibility of Australia but am now in the States on business and the company I'm working for has opportunities here (California).

I checked the sticky and it seems from the flow chart that I have no chance whatsoever without a degree.

Is that really the case?

I transferred UK to US on an L-1 with no degree.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 5:18 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Is that really the case?

Talk to the company about an L visa (transfer).

Rene
Old Sep 21st 2011, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

Ok, cool. I'll look into it and talk to them about it.

Thanks for your replies!
Old Sep 21st 2011, 5:34 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

H1B (EB3) here with no degree, just years of experience that were taken into account
Old Sep 21st 2011, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Paul S
H1B (EB3) here with no degree, just years of experience that were taken into account
Thanks Paul, I'll also check that one out.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul S
Yup, I'll ditto that, my hubby is the same, no degree but had to prove he had the equivalent 12 years or progressive experience instead of the degree - good luck!!!
Old Sep 21st 2011, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Brat1
Yup, I'll ditto that, my hubby is the same, no degree but had to prove he had the equivalent 12 years or progressive experience instead of the degree - good luck!!!
Thank you !

This is all very positive. Just had two back to back meetings with prospective boss's.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 11:15 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you !

This is all very positive. Just had two back to back meetings with prospective boss's.
That sounds really promising, although I find you get better results when you sit facing your interviewer. But hey - whatever works for you! Good luck.
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tonrob
That sounds really promising, although I find you get better results when you sit facing your interviewer. But hey - whatever works for you! Good luck.
It's an acting job. I'll be playing the part of a kidnap victim.