May 2009 Visa Applicants

Old Aug 22nd 2010, 11:53 pm
Banned

gr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant future
Default Re: May 2009 Visa Applicants

Originally Posted by Pollyana
It is a form submitted to ASIO by the CO if/when necessary.
I really can't see the point of getting so het up over the fine detail - the security checking process has been going on for years without any applicants even knowing about it. The only reason people now know its happening is because of the online system that exists these days.
And because its taking ridiculously long for a certain group of people originating from Higher risk countries.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 2:38 am
BE Enthusiast

tejas is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Anybody got visa last week?

It seems like DAIC stop working due to election.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 7:42 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tejas
Hi all,

Anybody got visa last week?

It seems like DAIC stop working due to election.
I don't know how many times I have to post this, but DIAC does NOT stop work due to an election. The same as any other government department, the only things affected are the likes of major policy decisions and laws, the kind of thing that need Ministerial sign-off. Normal departmental work is carried out by public servants and we continue with our jobs regardless of any election.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

aliah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nice

Originally Posted by gr8leo87
1. Yes

You get to know whether your case got referred to them or not. That's the benefit. You also get to know if there's any potential time problems, if there's any.

2. Yes.

It does indicate, with some sense of confidence, that your application is done with most of the stuff, including Form80 (external checks) either fully or partially.

It does not indicate the status of Internal checks though. Because ASIO = internal check.
sounds logical!!!
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

proximo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I don't know how many times I have to post this, but DIAC does NOT stop work due to an election. The same as any other government department, the only things affected are the likes of major policy decisions and laws, the kind of thing that need Ministerial sign-off. Normal departmental work is carried out by public servants and we continue with our jobs regardless of any election.
I agree to that.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

mustafa_jaleel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by proximo
I agree to that.
Any updates from team 2 on your side? pin-drop silence, as far as mine is concerned ...
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

aliah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nice

Originally Posted by mustafa_jaleel
Any updates from team 2 on your side? pin-drop silence, as far as mine is concerned ...
its my gut feeling that people(including myself)who are claiming not being contacted by COs/DIAC for sometime ,are going through internal checks performed by ASIO...DIAC is presumably innocent in such case.they can`t move any further until they get positive outcome from ASIO...i checked with ASIO and they have the case referral...
did anyone of you guys try????
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mustafa_jaleel
Same here bro nothing at all complete silence............
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by aliah
its my gut feeling that people(including myself)who are claiming not being contacted by COs/DIAC for sometime ,are going through internal checks performed by ASIO...DIAC is presumably innocent in such case.they can`t move any further until they get positive outcome from ASIO...i checked with ASIO and they have the case referral...
did anyone of you guys try????
Yes I just sent an email to ASIO as I were told once by my case officer in july that my case is subject to certain internal checks and it will take many many more months. Lets see what ASIO got to say.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 3:59 pm
Banned

Bubblymus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gr8leo87
1. Yes

You get to know whether your case got referred to them or not. That's the benefit. You also get to know if there's any potential time problems, if there's any.

2. Yes.

It does indicate, with some sense of confidence, that your application is done with most of the stuff, including Form80 (external checks) either fully or partially.

It does not indicate the status of Internal checks though. Because ASIO = internal check.
Just to clear up a few points:

1) ASIO = 'External' or 'Routine' checks/processing. The external refers to "outside DIAC". However, a number of COs refer to these as "internal checks" as they are conducted by ASIO, which is in Australia, but it's generally described as external or routine processing. If you have been allocated a case officer and have been asked for PCCs/meds and have been told that your application is undergoing external/internal/routine processing and they do not specify a timeframe, your Form 80 "Particulars for Character Assessment" has been sent to ASIO - ASIO = Form 80 - and your internal checks by DIAC have most likely been completed.

2) DIAC also uses the DIAC department "overseas post" in the relevant country's embassy to conduct basic integrity checks relating to identity, education, employment, age, address etc.., these are generally termed "internal" checks as they are conducted within the jurisdiction of DIAC, but some COs may term them "external" checks as they are conducted outside Australia. These checks are always conducted prior to ASIO referral or PCCs/meds and hence an indication of where your application is at.

Sometimes, DIAC take ages either to allocate a case officer or before requesting PCCs/meds or before ASIO checks are requested. These cases appear to be those of relatively poor quality i.e. poor employment, dubious credentials or low IELTS score, for example.

Hope that clear a few things up.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 4:11 pm
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bubblymus

1) ASIO = 'External' or 'Routine' checks/processing. The external refers to "outside DIAC". However, a number of COs refer to these as "internal checks" as they are conducted by ASIO, which is in Australia, but it's generally described as external or routine processing. If you have been allocated a case officer and have been asked for PCCs/meds and have been told that your application is undergoing external/internal/routine processing and they do not specify a timeframe, your Form 80 "Particulars for Character Assessment" has been sent to ASIO - ASIO = Form 80 - and your internal checks by DIAC have most likely been completed.

2) DIAC also uses the DIAC department "overseas post" in the relevant country's embassy to conduct basic integrity checks relating to identity, education, employment, age, address etc.., these are generally termed "internal" checks as they are conducted within the jurisdiction of DIAC, but some COs may term them "external" checks as they are conducted outside Australia. These checks are always conducted prior to ASIO referral or PCCs/meds and hence an indication of where your application is at.

Sometimes, DIAC take ages either to allocate a case officer or before requesting PCCs/meds or before ASIO checks are requested. These cases appear to be those of relatively poor quality i.e. poor employment, dubious credentials or low IELTS score, for example.

thanx very usefull information
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

thanks a lot...
well explained!
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

gillgee is an unknown quantity at this point

ASIO is NOT From 80 checks as my From 80 status is MET since 28 june 2010 but ASIO referral is still pending.

What's this?I dun think CO assignment depends on these factors,it just depends on the priority system stipulated bt DIAC.IELTS 6.0 in each module is the DIAC requirement and it doesn't mean a guy with IELTS 8.5 gets CO on priority.
And Why DIAC should take ages to request for PCC/meds if everything is over(Internal/external checks/ASIO checks)

Your sharing are informative,thanks for dat.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 8:26 pm
Banned

Bubblymus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gillgee
Your sharing are informative,thanks for dat.
Furthermore:

ASIO is all about the Form 80, online applicants from low risk countries are generally not asked for it and the form is titled "Particulars for character assessment" for that reason. Form 80 can be met i.e. received without it having been sent to ASIO, it all depends on what the particular case officer does with online tracking system.

As for the slow-moving applications, IELTS is just one potential reason, there may be several others - the DIAC priority goes without saying, but when the time being taken for different applications in the same class varies so much, you can be sure that they will push through applications they like and procrastinate with those they don't or find a hassle to process. They obviously won't admit this, but it is simply a statement of the reality.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

gillgee is an unknown quantity at this point

Furthermore:

ASIO is all about the Form 80, online applicants from low risk countries are generally not asked for it and the form is titled "Particulars for character assessment" for that reason. Form 80 can be met i.e. received without it having been sent to ASIO, it all depends on what the particular case officer does with online tracking system.

As for the slow-moving applications, IELTS is just one potential reason, there may be several others - the DIAC priority goes without saying, but when the time being taken for different applications in the same class varies so much, you can be sure that they will push through applications they like and procrastinate with those they don't or find a hassle to process. They obviously won't admit this, but it is simply a statement of the reality.
MET means everything is verified and found OK.otherwise they say it like Received,Further checks required,Required.
Its not my opinion,its a statement by Susan Warmgrtah,she is a registered MA and writes on EmbraceAustralia.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.