Please help

Old Jan 17th 2010, 9:27 am
Just Joined

Rich2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please help

I am a HPC registered Paramedic looking to migrate to NZ. Already there seems to be a catch 22 in relation to needing a work visa prior to applying for jobs and requiring a job offer to get points towards a work visa.

Also I have no idea what area of the skilled work visa my Paramedic qualification is.

Have any Paramedics on this forum migrated to NZ or do any of you reading this have any advice for me including over all cost.

I am already having delays in obtaining a qualification appraisal.
Old Jan 17th 2010, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

bojingles is just really nicebojingles is just really nicebojingles is just really nicebojingles is just really nicebojingles is just really nicebojingles is just really nicebojingles is just really nicebojingles is just really nice
Default Re: Please help

Hey,

I'm in the same boat, sent an expression of interest out the two services and got pretty much the same response. St John are more receptive, they have said you can apply without visa but would only be considered if no Local candiates are suitable after a 2nd advertisement.

I met with agents and decided that the cost was silly. Having read stuff on here and some books from Amazon it seems a straight forward process.

The qualification appraisal is straight forward. You need to contact Ambulance New Zealand, the details are on the services employment pages. The lady is extremely helpful and sends out an instruction booklet. You need to prepare a portfolio of your training, employment references, and CPD. Send it down and within a week or so they send everything back £200 lighter with a decision as to what level/skills you can claim and practice.

The only problem I've found is that whilst Paramedic is on the Shortage list there are exact requirements in order to claim the points. You need a Full NZQA report in order to show that the Paramedic Qual matches the NZ para qual in order to claim bonus points.

I've managed to submit an EOI without job offer to the pool waiting to see what happens over the coming weeks. Although having emailed the Immigration Service they have said the New Silver Fern Visa will answer some prayers with regards to needing a permit in order to apply for a job...

Hope that helps?
Old Jan 19th 2010, 10:17 am
Just Joined

Rich2010 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi There Bojingles

How long did it take you to get a reply for your appraisal? I have email the contact at Ambulance New Zealand twice without a reply. If she sends out the information I am wandering if it's worth sending her my address.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

bojingles is just really nicebojingles is just really nicebojingles is just really nicebojingles is just really nicebojingles is just really nicebojingles is just really nicebojingles is just really nicebojingles is just really nice

Hi,

Everything was done by email, I got a reply a few days after I enquired was given the instruction booklet and details on how to transfer the required funds. I used xoom.com to do this as my bank wanted to charge silly amounts of money.

Used fedex to send all the documents down. Sent on the monday arrived on the thursday, had an email from the chap reviewing them early the next week and received a letter and all the documents back at the end of that week.

I've attached the instruction book that I was sent if that helps speed things up slightly.

Cheers,
Attached Files